Yesterday...

Topic locked
Yesterday... Nov 23, 2006
I saw a construction worker get run over on a Zebra crossing in DIC.

Fortunately for him, the car wasn't travelling very fast, but when I went to assist he clearly had a broken leg.

It was quite bizarre, as I was following the car that hit him, and saw the guy crossing the road, and as I slowed down I thought "that guys not going to stop" and bam!!!

The police called me and asked me all about the accident (I left my number because I had to run) and said they might call me back tomorrow.

Terrible stuff.

:shock:

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 23, 2006
:oops: crazy people really....and I cant imagine a sight like that.... :?
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 23, 2006
what!!....thats horrible...didnt get the part about the bam...the guy in the car was crossing the road?...pray tell more...
constantine

Nov 23, 2006
constantine wrote:what!!....thats horrible...didnt get the part about the bam...the guy in the car was crossing the road?...pray tell more...

The guy crossing the road was a construction worker, crossing at the crossing outside DIC15, and the car in front of me just didn't stop.

and then *bam*.
^ian^

Nov 23, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
constantine wrote:what!!....thats horrible...didnt get the part about the bam...the guy in the car was crossing the road?...pray tell more...

The guy crossing the road was a construction worker, crossing at the crossing outside DIC15, and the car in front of me just didn't stop.

and then *bam*.

Was it hit-and-run? or did the guy stop?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 23, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

and then *bam*.

No he stopped. His windscreen was smashed anyway.

I did notice he was in a state of panic himself, quite shocked, and I suggested it would be a good idea if he stuck around. He looked like he was getting a dose of the "need to flight" instinct.
^ian^

Nov 23, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

and then *bam*.

I did notice he was in a state of panic himself, quite shocked, and I suggested it would be a good idea if he stuck around. He looked like he was getting a dose of the "need to flight" instinct.

Yeah, he will be looking at jail time until the guys condition is stable
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 23, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

and then *bam*.

Yeah, he will be looking at jail time until the guys condition is stable

the guy's condition would be stable, he was conscious, he just had a broken leg and probably a few bruises.

It was an accident, but still, you really need to be alert in DIC, especially around twilight.
^ian^

Nov 23, 2006
OMG, silly and reckless drivers!
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 23, 2006
wow that is rough,
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 23, 2006
it all depends on how the victim crossed the road and how the driver was when he was driving...

i saw a guy got hit and flew in the air and hit his head on the road, pretty shocking....
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 23, 2006
I saw a construction worker killed on the Al Khail road a couple of years ago. He jumped the central reservation and ran in front of a Toyota Yaris going at high speed. It was not the drivers fault and was a horrific accident, but the worst thing was the number of people who stopped, blocked the road and even started taking photos. Sick.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 23, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:I saw a construction worker killed on the Al Khail road a couple of years ago. He jumped the central reservation and ran in front of a Toyota Yaris going at high speed. It was not the drivers fault and was a horrific accident, but the worst thing was the number of people who stopped, blocked the road and even started taking photos. Sick.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

yeah i dont get???why would you take photos of dead people

i know that some parts of europe they do that because it is considered as "gothic art"
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 23, 2006
Hey Ian,
So sorry that you had to see something sooooooooo horrid! That would give me nightmares to visualize, and would be hard to get it all out of your mind. Thank God the guy only broke his leg. Hope he has no internal injuries. Also glad you were on your toes.....and didn't hit him too. Again, sorry you have to deal with something so awful.
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 23, 2006
dubai girl wrote:Hey Ian,
So sorry that you had to see something sooooooooo horrid! That would give me nightmares to visualize, and would be hard to get it all out of your mind. Thank God the guy only broke his leg. Hope he has no internal injuries. Also glad you were on your toes.....and didn't hit him too. Again, sorry you have to deal with something so awful.

Well, having played Rugby for 15 years I've seen quite a few broken limbs and don't get excited in situations like this. I do feel sorry for the poor construction worker, he was in the worst state of shock I've seen someone in a while.

No blood though, but a lot of bruising, he's very lucky the guy that hit him wasn't travelling too fast.
^ian^

Nov 23, 2006
thats just horrible ...poor bloke...they should really do something about pedestrain crossings etc...man its just preposterous !!!...i hate the feeling of driving with your heart in your mouth or even the simple act of crossing the road in paranoia...end of rant! :evil: ...hope the ppor sod recovers and is able to send that hard earned money back wherever home is!!
constantine

Nov 23, 2006
There are places in the world where human beings have the right of way, NO MATTER WHAT!!! I almost got run over in a parking lot one day.....scared the ;aslkdfja;sldkjf out of me!!!
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 23, 2006
and even on simple pedestreans lanes (not those on traffic lights) drivers dont care to slow down... they are always in a hurry !!!! *** sigh***

driving students need an extra course on "patience"...
isabela
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat