World Challenge Programme

Topic locked
World Challenge Programme May 23, 2011
Do any of you watch this program or check the website? I've watched this for a few years now and it is extremely inspiring to see positive things being done to make life better around the world. Sometimes seemingly small changes can have an large impact in some communities. For example, the simple peanut shelling machines brought to the one Malawi village allowed the women's co-operative to shell peanuts five times faster, increasing their profits, and allowing them to pay for a bore hole to bring clean water to the village. Now the incidence of disease has dramatically decreased and they can continue to fund other projects that benefit the village from their increased earning power due to the peanut shelling machines.

Here is the website where you can see all of the finalists from 2005-2011.

http://www.theworldchallenge.co.uk/previous_winners

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: World Challenge Programme May 23, 2011
peanut shelling machine, a world challenge? sure the world will be different with this machine now, don know, I thought it was about medical research, quantum physics or biomechanic
capsicum
BANNED

capsicum wrote:peanut shelling machine, a world challenge? sure the world will be different with this machine now, don know, I thought it was about medical research, quantum physics or biomechanic

oh man! *duck*
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Nice K. It's amazing to see that things which we could consider minor, make such a huge difference to other communities around the world.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Nice K. It's amazing to see that things which we could consider minor, make such a huge difference to other communities around the world.

The biggest improvement to Dubai would be if you weren't in it.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Looking at the finalists, they're all worthy causes and it would be extremely hard to pick a winner from them.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: World Challenge Programme May 24, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Nice K. It's amazing to see that things which we could consider minor, make such a huge difference to other communities around the world.

The biggest improvement to Dubai would be if you weren't in it.

See BM, you've just come in and crapped on a perfectly good thread.

-- Tue May 24, 2011 5:22 am --

capsicum wrote:peanut shelling machine, a world challenge? sure the world will be different with this machine now, don know, I thought it was about medical research, quantum physics or biomechanic

True, so this site is for you capsicum http://nobelprize.org/ You are mistaking the meaning of "World Challenge", just thought I'd point that out. :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat