Women Ends Up With A Weird Acccent After A Migrane !

Topic locked
Women ends up with a weird acccent after a migrane ! Apr 21, 2010
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Women ends up with a weird acccent after a migrane ! Apr 21, 2010
I thought you were having us on, but Google has it;

Foreign accent syndrome is a rare medical condition involving speech production that usually occurs as a side effect of severe brain injury, such as a stroke or a head injury. Two cases have been reported of individuals with the condition as a development problem [1] and one associated with severe migraine. [2] Between 1941 and 2009, there have been sixty recorded cases.[1] Its symptoms result from distorted articulatory planning and coordination processes. It must be emphasized that the speaker does not suddenly gain a foreign language (vocabulary, syntax, grammar, etc); they merely pronounce their native language with a foreign or dialectical accent. Despite a recent unconfirmed news report that a Croatian speaker has gained the ability to speak fluent German after emergence from a coma[3], there has been no verified case where a patient's foreign language skills have improved after a brain injury (and in fact in the case of the Croatian girl, she lost her ability to speak Croatian).
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nahh mate. I first heard the story yesterday on the BBC worldservice and thought WTF !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_accent_syndrome

Oddly enough I noticed all cases mentioned are only women

Would be a bummer one day to wake up and start talking like a mallu ! ( South Indian ) :shock:
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Nahh mate. I first heard the story yesterday on the BBC worldservice and thought WTF !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_accent_syndrome

Oddly enough I noticed all cases mentioned are only women

Would be a bummer one day to wake up and start talking like a mallu ! ( South Indian ) :shock:

I think Chocs has it FAS = Foreign Alcohol Syndrome :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

It's not unheard of. There are many cases of people with head trauma who start to do odd things, change accent, find they can suddenly play instruments etc etc. Returns to normal after a while.

Sage you're an idiot!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:It's not unheard of. There are many cases of people with head trauma who start to do odd things, change accent, find they can suddenly play instruments etc etc. Returns to normal after a while.

Sage you're an idiot!

Hahahahahahahahaha
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

No seriously you are an idiot! The constant attacks are boring and just show what a moron you are. Bugger off already saddo!

Oh and FYI I'm now offthe the booze shop sans licence, to buy copious amounts and drive back through Sharjah! So fcuk you!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Wasn't long before ol choccy went back to her real self :D

P.S : Sage I think you meant CAS = Cheap Alcohol Syndrome, after all what can you expect from some on who grew up on saudi moonshine LOOOOOOOL !
desertdudeshj

P.P.S : Don' you just "love" the net nanny. Yeah sage LOVE you ! :D
desertdudeshj

No not at all. Wasn't long before you toolbags constantly attacked me for no reason whatsoever. You know it gets really sodding boring. Get alife!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

desertdudeshj wrote:P.P.S : Don' you just "love" the net nanny. Yeah sage LOVE you ! :D

You never have to take her to seriously, thats for sure.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Edited due to Chocs abusive language.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:No not at all. Wasn't long before you toolbags constantly attacked me for no reason whatsoever. You know it gets really sodding boring. Get alife!

NO REASON?????

You constantly advise people to break the law, that is reason enough to get on your case.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

:protest: Oh does it make you feel big and clever Sage to constantly bring me down does it? Pathetic. Do you not get that I actually have 'feelings' and the things you say actually hurt me?

No I don't suppose you would, because you're a twat!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote::protest: Oh does it make you feel big and clever Sage to constantly bring me down does it? Pathetic. Do you not get that I actually have 'feelings' and the things you say actually hurt me?

Stop advising people wrongly then, feelings????, how would you feel if a relative of yours was locked up for listening to the kind of advice that you shell out, come on, would it really hurt your feelings so much to admit that you are maybe not correct?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I will continue to give my opinios Sage whether YOU like it or not. Just because you don't agree doesn't make it wrong. Get over yourself, you're just a bully boy, like Bora and DD. You people are pathetic to constantly badger me and put me down.

Get over yourself. And you wonder why I become aggressive and defensive having to put up with a moron like you!

Get lost.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

sage & onion wrote:
Chocoholic wrote::protest: Oh does it make you feel big and clever Sage to constantly bring me down does it? Pathetic. Do you not get that I actually have 'feelings' and the things you say actually hurt me?

Stop advising people wrongly then, feelings????, how would you feel if a relative of yours was locked up for listening to the kind of advice that you shell out, come on, would it really hurt your feelings so much to admit that you are maybe not correct?

sage, this is an open forum. as long as she does not bully somebody into jumping out the window, she can advise whatever the hell she wants. anybody can turn green by advising left and right, but at the end of the day its up to the individual what information they take in. and if they take in any information coming from such a source (talking about a forum here, not a person) too seriously and as undoubtedly correct, thats a mistake in its own right.

i get loads of questions all the time from people back home, people i dont know, who see Dubai only through TV and internet and for the record, it doesnt really matter what I say, if its positive, they envy me for it, if its negative they think im afraid of competition :?

point is, not you, not anybody, mod, admin or whatever are here to exercise restricting others to the extent of telling them what advice to give

you are a mod, not a guardian of our souls. So relax
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oh come on ! Man the fark up will ya ! not the hurt my feelings by some virtual net bullies routine LOOOL.

jeez woman !
desertdudeshj

Chocoholic wrote:I will continue to give my opinios Sage whether YOU like it or not. Just because you don't agree doesn't make it wrong. Get over yourself, you're just a bully boy, like Bora and DD. You people are pathetic to constantly badger me and put me down.

Get over yourself. And you wonder why I become aggressive and defensive having to put up with a moron like you!

Get lost.

You can keep giving your opinions and I will most certainly reply when you advise people to break the law, if you find that wrong, then I am sorry.

As for your constant name calling, that is rather pathetic, you need to go see someone try and get your affliction treated.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

raidah wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

sage, this is an open forum. as long as she does not bully somebody into jumping out the window, she can advise whatever the hell she wants. anybody can turn green by advising left and right, but at the end of the day its up to the individual what information they take in. and if they take in any information coming from such a source (talking about a forum here, not a person) too seriously and as undoubtedly correct, thats a mistake in its own right.

i get loads of questions all the time from people back home, people i dont know, who see Dubai only through TV and internet and for the record, it doesnt really matter what I say, if its positive, they envy me for it, if its negative they think im afraid of competition :?

point is, not you, not anybody, mod, admin or whatever are here to exercise restricting others to the extent of telling them what advice to give

The whole point is that she is advising people who are posting on the forum from UK or wherever, looking for information on the right and the wrong way of doing something here in Dubai, she is advsing that it is absolutely no problem to break the law, that in itself is wrong. By all means at least advise them of the possible consequences of their decision. The cases in the media recently could all so easily have happened after receiving such advice.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I dont think there is a know cure for CAS sage :D
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:I dont think there is a know cure for CAS sage :D

Hey DD I think you are right, and I know their is no cure for MHTLW Syndrom :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:

The whole point is that she is advising people who are posting on the forum from UK or wherever, looking for information on the right and the wrong way of doing something here in Dubai, she is advsing that it is absolutely no problem to break the law, that in itself is wrong. By all means at least advise them of the possible consequences of their decision. The cases in the media recently could all so easily have happened after receiving such advice.[/quote]

so what if she does? what if all she says is wrong? its not like anybody putting a gun to people's head and forcing them to listen. im not taking any sides here, all im saying is, this is not a court and our identities on the forum are all to some extent characters we play.

why this urge of always correcting others?
raidah

:lol: :lol: Good to know ur human with flaws after all Sage....keep up the slandering mate :D But seriously if ya'll know know each other and stuff, deal with this via the PMS. This is an ugly sight you washing ur dirty linen in public.

Just an opinion, when somebody asks for advice regarding a live in, it's fair enough when you say don't.
But a wiser reply would be advocating discretion more than anything else. I was in Dubai for university and the shit I saw go down would put Sin City to shame alrit?
So yea advocating the rules and making one aware of the consequences is great, but let's be honest as well? And the person querying should be capable enough to make his own choices.

Getting back to the post, Hell, I would'nt mind a migraine if I could could end up like Elvis Presley.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

why this urge of always correcting others?

It is only to try and ensure that people are advised correctly. I actually could care less who lives together and what they do together, however when we are asked for advice on a public forum such as this we should give the correct information. To constantly state that nothing ever happens is wrong, the Tabloid Press in the UK are still going on about the kiss case, and as you know the list goes on.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Well raidah, what the point of the forum then. A person specifically asks wheter something is legal or not. You could at best say yes by law it is illegal but many have done it and gotten away with it, but considered your self warned.

I worked in the tourist industry for better part of this century and I have picked up more BF GF couples for tours then I care to remember but you don't see me saying that its OK. Because the fact does remain by law it is illegal. And I'm sure many who have visited here and the travel agents will fill the gaps.

Wrong advice is wrong advice, simple.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Well raidah, what the point of the forum then. A person specifically asks wheter something is legal or not. You could at best say yes by law it is illegal but many have done it and gotten away with it, but considered your self warned.

I worked in the tourist industry for better part of this century and I have picked up more BF GF couples for tours then I care to remember but you don't see me saying that its OK. Because the fact does remain by law it is illegal. And I'm sure many who have visited here and the travel agents will fill the gaps.

Wrong advice is wrong advice, simple.

you are only proving my point actually. this is a forum, where people come and say different things. we debate, we argue, we contradict each other. if one says come and live together as a couple though not married, cos thousands do it and get away with it as long as they keep a low profile, isnt that a fact?
is not sage right when he says as per the law that is illegal and one can get jailed and deported? he is also right
its like looking at a spoon from 2 different angles. its the same spoon, yet it will be described in different ways.

the same way sage should not be told to zip it when he goes on about how wonderful life in dubai is, others should also be able to represent a different oppinion.
raidah

Alritty then getting this post back on track....

Imagine wake up one morning and find urself sounding like Elvis, here's what I'd do

Imagine a packed amphitheater full of fans with raging hormones and Elvis on their minds,

And so it begins,

Set the ball rolling with , What's new pussycat, Woah, Woah , What's new pussycat? Woah, Woah

and when the ladies start beggin for more, move into, Heartbreak Hotel,

then I single out the most eligible lady in the audience and serenade her with It's now or never, Come hold me tight, kiss me ma darlin, be mine tonight
(and after she's eating out of my hand)
move to the groupies in the front, and do the most romantic version of Baby let me be ur loving teddybear.

and finally before the night is done I pick out the moral police sneering in the crowd and scream from the top of ma lungs, You're the Devil in Disguise, o yea you are, Devil in disguise

Back at the hotel, it's game time, so I do A little less conversation, a little more action please
All this aggravation aint satisfactioning me
A little more bite and a little less bark
A little less fight and a little more spark
Close your mouth and open up your heart and baby satisfy me
Satisfy me baby

And then the next mornin when I wake up with the most terrible hangover, I tell the maidens all around........ Love me Tender, Love me sweet!

Man what I would'nt do to be Elvis if only for a short time
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Misery Called Life wrote:Alritty then getting this post back on track....

Imagine wake up one morning and find urself sounding like Elvis, here's what I'd do

Imagine a packed amphitheater full of fans with raging hormones and Elvis on their minds,

And so it begins,

Set the ball rolling with , What's new pussycat, Woah, Woah , What's new pussycat? Woah, Woah

and when the ladies start beggin for more, move into, Heartbreak Hotel,

then I single out the most eligible lady in the audience and serenade her with It's now or never, Come hold me tight, kiss me ma darlin, be mine tonight
(and after she's eating out of my hand)

move to the groupies in the front, and do the most romantic version of Baby let me be ur loving teddybear.

and finally before the night is done I pick out the moral police sneering in the crowd and scream from the top of ma lungs, You're the Devil in Disguise, o yea you are, Devil in disguise

Back at the hotel, it's game time, so I do A little less conversation, a little more action please
All this aggravation aint satisfactioning me
A little more bite and a little less bark
A little less fight and a little more spark
Close your mouth and open up your heart and baby satisfy me
Satisfy me baby

And then the next mornin when I wake up with the most terrible hangover, I tell the maidens all around........ Love me Tender, Love me sweet!

Man what I would'nt do to be Elvis if only for a short time

MCL, please take note:

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat