evitav
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Women Of Dubai May 23, 2012
I Like The Way They Drive!
rosemarine
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Women Of Dubai May 31, 2012
melika969 ,

i guess you are from Iran, how is it there?
BigBootsDubai
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Women of Dubai May 31, 2012
BigBootsDubai wrote:melika969 ,

i guess you are from Iran, how is it there?

great! I just got arrested by Hijab Police two days ago! Do you know what is Hijab police?
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 ,Sorry to hear that Mel. Very sad.

A video on what iot would be like I guess.

drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

yes the same. But for me it was not like that as I didn't resist. There are big police vans in main squares in Tehran and other big cities gathering women who don't cover modestly (in sense of Iranian regime standard of course, because anyway every woman in Iran wears pants, manteau, and scarf. But as some manteaus are short or tight, or some scarfs are loose, they would be considered as not modest.)

So for me it was ok. I knew nothing gonna happen. They arrest hundreds of people everyday for this reason. I was aware of the whole process, they took us to the central police station, and we have to sign a paper saying that we will respect Islamic dress code from now on, and someone should bring us appropriate clothes and that's it. The only annoying thing for me was the time I had to waste there. I even tried to make other girls calm and assure them nothing is gonna happen. Anways some part of me always wanted to know what's happening inside those hijab polices! :wink:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Good it worked out well Mel but an inconvenience.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

melika969 ,

Wow Mel, you seem to have handled the experience well, take care.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

^Ditto from me Mel - sorry to hear about your experience, but glad you handled it so well and all was ok.

I personally think that religious police go against the principles of Islam. There's no record of these guys existing at the time of the Prophet, pbuh, or Khalifas - but that's another discussion.

This is for you:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I would be furious at being arrested. Who is to say that someone's pants, manteu or scarf are too loose/tight/short? From what I understand, women there are covering most of their skin, so why are they nitpicking?

Are men who are wearing tighter clothing that shows their shape also arrested by the hijab police?

If men are not arrested for dressing indecently, then to me this is a clear example of a double standard being applied to women, and speaks to the shaming of women's se.xuality and the unfair controlling of women by men.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Thank you guys. But seriously it's not like I have done something heroic. As I said there are several police vans in the main squares and streets and they fill their cars almost every two hours. So it is just the matter of being calm and let the time pass and of course don't argue or engage with them.

K, there is no police for men. Although at the first years after Islamic revolutions there were some basij and police who would arrest guys for short sleeves or wearing jeans! (They used to think jeans are too sexy!) but now there is no such police for men. Irony is my manteau was not short or tight, actually it was loose and long, but it didnt have ant buttons and it was open, so...
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Sorry to hear.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

sage & onion wrote:Wow Mel, you seem to have handled the experience well, take care.

How else could she have handled it? Start her own little counter-revolution?? :D
Rumplestiliskin
BANNED

Re: Women Of Dubai Jun 01, 2012
Mel, kudos to you for your patience with all of that. I don't think I could hack having my time wasted by se.xist moral police.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Women Of Dubai Jun 02, 2012
Rumplestiliskin ,

Who asked you?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Women Of Dubai Jun 02, 2012
Hey, it's bad to drive such a super car with this black abaya, what's wrong ha!......
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat