Why Do Westerners Act Superior In Dubai?

Topic locked
  • Reply
Apr 05, 2007
double post

$G$
Dubai Forums Member
Posts: 36

  • Reply
Apr 05, 2007
$G$ wrote:I may come across as an arrogant American, but what you people said about my nation was totally uncalled for.

I never insulted your guys' city, country, or people. I think you guys should be reciprocating the same way.



First off, it's not that you 'may' come off as an arrogant American...it's that you do come off as an arrogant individual.

Secondly, in you're OP you stated that you, as an American, are superior to every race...

That seems like an insult to me...


The other stuff you wrote is just rubbish; IMO. Everyone's culture is incorporated into other culture's outside their own...so, all your 'you use American products, etc..' doesn't really prove a point.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 4879
Location: dar el 7ay

  • Reply
Apr 05, 2007
Anyway, could someone answer my question instead of responding to this anti-american garbage?
$G$
Dubai Forums Member
Posts: 36

  • Reply
Apr 05, 2007
Ive been reading the forums a while & I thought many of this comments were a joke but it seems not???? what does $g$ have against Indians????? Is it maybe jelousy?

$g$ is a black american that feels the need to put other races down????? this is not the way to act! now dont be pretending ur something your not! I dont think this is the place to be showing insecurities man!
jer
Dubai Forum Guest
Posts: 3

  • Reply
Apr 05, 2007
$G$ wrote:Anyway, could someone answer my question instead of responding to this anti-american garbage?


Man, lets meet and discuss the issue face-to-face. ;)
Smart
Dubai Forums Enthusiast
Posts: 52

  • Reply
Apr 05, 2007
$g$ is a black american farm boy and it calls Indians down is this not a classic case of A piss Pot calling the kettel BLACK! :?:
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter
User avatar
Posts: 137

  • Reply
Apr 05, 2007
Your question has NOTHING to do with race, culture, or gender.

Its simple sicology. It is natural human behaviour.


People who feel insecure...usually behave this way. People who feel they want to prove a point will behave this way.

Rather then complaining or opposing the facts of such a situation, a clever person will comprimise...will adjust himself to blend into his surroundings.

Scenario: American guys comes in yelling and blabing his head off....Car cleaner thinks hes bonkers....in the end...car not cleaned.

Scenario2: American guy tries to us hand gestures and somehow successfully makes car cleaner understam. In the end...car is clean.


Therefore the next time u see someone acting smart....yelling....etc. That just means that person is really having a hard time and giving HIMSELF a headache.....

Notice...you never see presidents or very important ppl behaving this way...? Why u might think? because they are in control of the situation and know exactly what they want.

Poor guy who just won the lottery will start behaving in such a manner..because he knows he just got rich quick...and he knows his roots are from a poor standard....yet he has to show....

Americans act supirior because in their home country they are treated equally....theyd probably get a slap for the way they behave here. Unfortunatly...here most people are pieceful and are here only for business...they usually dont have time to involve themselves into domestic problems....so they tend to ignore. Which probably is the best solution for all parties involved.
guest999

  • Reply
Apr 05, 2007
bushra21 wrote:ummmm most of the people i know think amrican cars are rubbish...hell, even the americans i know (both in dubai and usa) think american cars are rubbish....

Well they are getting better... look at the new Tahoe, best in full-size SUV at braking, turning, and fuel economy among other things.

giggsy wrote:But that's not why I replied. I replied to say that the Lumina is an American car. It's a Chevrolet Lumina.

Yup it is labeled Chevrolet Lumina, but it is Australian car produced by Holden in Australia. It is sold in Australia as Holden Commodore. http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/act ... ehicleid=4

But I think the ones' shipped to ME have Chevrolet engine.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 1342
Location: Krition

  • Reply
Apr 06, 2007
jer wrote:Ive been reading the forums a while & I thought many of this comments were a joke but it seems not???? what does $g$ have against Indians????? Is it maybe jelousy?

$g$ is a black american that feels the need to put other races down????? this is not the way to act! now dont be pretending ur something your not! I dont think this is the place to be showing insecurities man!


What did I ever say against India????? You all need to stop BSing and start answering my question. I'm glad we're accepting Indians into our country. Some are doctors, some are store owners...they are helping our economy grow one way or the other.

And I"m not black, I'm Caucasian.
$G$
Dubai Forums Member
Posts: 36

  • Reply
Apr 06, 2007
Nucleus wrote:
bushra21 wrote:ummmm most of the people i know think amrican cars are rubbish...hell, even the americans i know (both in dubai and usa) think american cars are rubbish....

Well they are getting better... look at the new Tahoe, best in full-size SUV at braking, turning, and fuel economy among other things.

giggsy wrote:But that's not why I replied. I replied to say that the Lumina is an American car. It's a Chevrolet Lumina.

Yup it is labeled Chevrolet Lumina, but it is Australian car produced by Holden in Australia. It is sold in Australia as Holden Commodore. http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/act ... ehicleid=4

But I think the ones' shipped to ME have Chevrolet engine.


The reason people buy Jap cars nowadays is because they take less gass.
American cars are strong, therefore they take more gas.
What would you rather have? A strong vehicle or a light one? I'd much rather prefer a strong one. The extra 10 grand could, in some cases, be spent on saving my life in case of an accident.
$G$
Dubai Forums Member
Posts: 36

  • Reply
Apr 06, 2007
Smart wrote:
$G$ wrote:Anyway, could someone answer my question instead of responding to this anti-american garbage?


Man, lets meet and discuss the issue face-to-face. ;)


Come to Queens
$G$
Dubai Forums Member
Posts: 36

  • Reply
Apr 06, 2007
$G$ wrote:
Smart wrote:
$G$ wrote:Anyway, could someone answer my question instead of responding to this anti-american garbage?


Man, lets meet and discuss the issue face-to-face. ;)


Come to Queens



hahaha, your from queens!

so funny...guess ill be seeing you around then
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 4879
Location: dar el 7ay

  • Reply
Apr 06, 2007
$G$ wrote:
The reason people buy Jap cars nowadays is because they take less gass.
American cars are strong, therefore they take more gas.
What would you rather have? A strong vehicle or a light one? I'd much rather prefer a strong one. The extra 10 grand could, in some cases, be spent on saving my life in case of an accident.


save your life...until the American car just randomly bursts into flames (like in the movies...)
V-Man
Dubai Forums Frequenter
User avatar
Posts: 106
Location: Dubai

  • Reply
Apr 06, 2007
They are sneaky :roll:

WWW.ForumArabia.COM
howcomewechange
Dubai Forum User
User avatar
Posts: 20

  • Reply
Apr 06, 2007
Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me...i drive an American car...and i can proudly say i have even accidently hit a wall...and guess what...the wall cracked...not the car...YOU DO THAT in a JAPY car and let me know 8)


Japanese cars are mae for cheap comercial use......we all know that...

Tahoe...GMC...etc...we not made or designed..u can say..for EVERYONE...only for the privilaged...just like the ferrari and lambo...

There CAN BE NO comparison or mistakes...they are in a class of their own...
guest999

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat