zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 16, 2006
For a great explanation see here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crying

Dr. D.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 16, 2006
^ian^ wrote:For a great explanation see here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crying

Dr. D.

looked at that page but still didnt explain why crying occurs due to sadness or an emotional reaction?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 16, 2006
Bleakus wrote:
^ian^ wrote:For a great explanation see here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crying

Dr. D.

looked at that page but still didnt explain why crying occurs due to sadness or an emotional reaction?

Read again:

# Crying or weeping: The third category, generally referred to as crying or weeping, is increased lacrimation due to strong emotional stress, depression or physical pain. This practice is not restricted to negative emotions; many people have been known to cry when extremely happy or when they are laughing. In humans, emotional tears can be accompanied by reddening of the face and sobbing — cough-like, convulsive breathing, sometimes involving spasms of the whole upper body. Tears brought about by emotions have a different chemical make up than those for lubrication.[2]
^ian^

Oct 16, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
Bleakus wrote:

Dr. D.

Read again:

# Crying or weeping: The third category, generally referred to as crying or weeping, is increased lacrimation due to strong emotional stress, depression or physical pain. This practice is not restricted to negative emotions; many people have been known to cry when extremely happy or when they are laughing. In humans, emotional tears can be accompanied by reddening of the face and sobbing — cough-like, convulsive breathing, sometimes involving spasms of the whole upper body. Tears brought about by emotions have a different chemical make up than those for lubrication.[2]

so basically, because of the chemicals that happen in the body, tears are generated and expelled from the body.......
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 16, 2006
I am not sure but it must be something in the brain that release tear when we are sad like the messages we get from the nervous system if we are hurt or in pain. It is all chemical messages released from the brain.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 16, 2006
Yep its all impulses pased through neurons, whenever there is a "trigger" as in pain, or emotional distress the neurons carry the message to the location in brain which activates a system which sends an impulse to the eyes whereby tears are released.

As simple as i could make it :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 16, 2006
sara_uk wrote:I am not sure but it must be something in the brain that release tear when we are sad like the messages we get from the nervous system if we are hurt or in pain. It is all chemical messages released from the brain.

yes your right, but why? why do these make a person cry out tears?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 16, 2006
Bleakus wrote:
sara_uk wrote:I am not sure but it must be something in the brain that release tear when we are sad like the messages we get from the nervous system if we are hurt or in pain. It is all chemical messages released from the brain.

It's a nervous system reaction. People also get itchy, have hot flushes, tremble etc. when in situations that cause nervous shock.

There's no defense mechanism behind it, nor it seems a logical one, it's just when in stress the system goes into a kind of shock.

Perhaps, and only perhaps, it comes from the most basic Maslow need of self preservation, and from when a child or infant is in a situation and in danger, it responds this way to alert it's guardian to it's fate.

Not really sure myself though, I don't cry.
^ian^

Oct 16, 2006
So why tears are released when we laugh so hard??
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 16, 2006
^ian^ wrote: Not really sure myself though, I don't cry.

Ian, what do you mean you dont cry? As in never evah cry? :roll:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 16, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
Bleakus wrote:

It's a nervous system reaction. People also get itchy, have hot flushes, tremble etc. when in situations that cause nervous shock.

There's no defense mechanism behind it, nor it seems a logical one, it's just when in stress the system goes into a kind of shock.

Perhaps, and only perhaps, it comes from the most basic Maslow need of self preservation, and from when a child or infant is in a situation and in danger, it responds this way to alert it's guardian to it's fate.

Not really sure myself though, I don't cry.

you dont cry, you work out right?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 16, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Because they stub their toe.

Next question?

Thanks

Dr. D.

Dr. D?! what does D stand for?
:D
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 16, 2006
DR.DRE :lol:
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 16, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Because they stub their toe.

Next question?

Thanks

Dr. D.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 17, 2006
damnn i dont even rememba me cryin at all shhhhiiit.... oh yea when i was gettin ma ass whopped from ma dad wen i was a kid but i still dont remember crying for any otha reason

ps. makes me feel kinda wierd at times

Don
I$H
ISH
Dubai chat master

Oct 17, 2006
for emotional blackmail! :D
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 17, 2006
ISH wrote:damnn i dont even rememba me cryin at all shhhhiiit.... oh yea when i was gettin ma a#s whopped from ma dad wen i was a kid but i still dont remember crying for any otha reason

ps. makes me feel kinda wierd at times

Don
I$H

ahh the good old days
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 17, 2006
Bleakus wrote:you dont cry, you work out right?

No I just take it in my stride. 8) 8) 8) 8)
^ian^

Oct 17, 2006
with or without the conserves ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat