What Is Up With People Who..............

Topic locked
What is up with people who.............. Feb 13, 2010
throw garbage off their balconies???

I live on the 19th floor and the guy above me smokes his cigar on the balcony and my balcony ends up covered in ash. On top of that he tosses his ciggie butts off the balcony and sometimes end up on mine. One morning I had the displeasure of finding his empty ciggie box on my balcony. Below us are pedistrians walking, children playing and there is a cafe with outside tables. And he tosses is ciggie butts off the balcony!!

Now, I would approach him, but I've already had once incident with him about noise and he wasn't very neighborly about it. I kept ringing his doorbell as I knew he was home and when he finally answered the door, he was fuming and told me that he was on the balcony and couldn't hear the bell. I asked him if I was suppose to know that. Seems the late night drilling was coming from another apartment, but nevertheless he could not have been more rude!!! Also had to leave a note on his door to haul up the cable that was tossed over his balcony and was hanging down to mine (like I want to look at that!). It was a note or a scissor!!! On top of that his girlfriend walks around in her high heels on the marble floor and all you can hear is click, click, click until she leaves the apartment.

In my world, consideration is paid to neighbors. I have never, ever lived anywhere where people toss their garbage out windows or off balconies. It just isn't done!!! I wouldn't dream of tossing my garbage into the garbage room in the pathway so that people can't get to the garbage chute or have to step over bags of garbage to dispose of garbage properly. That's the practice of another neighbor. It may be acceptable in some countries, but it's not common in Dubai, especially living in a highrise on SZR.

And people criticize the way laborers live!!!

OK, I feel better now. Rant over.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: What is up with people who.............. Feb 13, 2010
what are you planning to do towards that now :roll:
catalyst
Dubai chat master

Can you complain to the landlord about there being an unmarried couple?
Roadtester
Dubai forums Addict

This kind of neighbours are really annoying, i dont think if there is a way to train this kind of people in a short period!

RT, reporting them as being unmarried couple is really mean and has nothing to do with the basic problem!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Roadtester wrote:Can you complain to the landlord about there being an unmarried couple?

Roadie, I wouldn't dream of going that far because of people who don't know better. It's just that I don't understand the lack of consideration. I guess you can take some of the people out of a slum, but you can't take the slum out of some people.

The only pleasure I get out of it is that the person across the hall from me (garbage people) and the person above me moved in about a month ago. The owner of the building has been working on turning the building into a furnished apartment/hotel (for over a year now) and everyone is getting notice that they have to vacate. Been here 5 years and have been ready for sometime to move out. Even if that wasn't the case I would be moving. I can't believe the element that has moved in. Almost reminds me of slumlords that would put trash in a building to force tenants to move out. Told hubby I want a villa - forget about apartments. If I moved and found out that I had to be out within a year I would be pulling my hair out!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

sorry had a moment of meaness lol,

Though cant the landlord put a letter out or something to all tennants to respect the property etc.
Roadtester
Dubai forums Addict

Roadtester wrote:sorry had a moment of meaness lol,

Though cant the landlord put a letter out or something to all tennants to respect the property etc.

Are you kidding??? We get the minimum maintenance here. The outside windows haven't been washed in almost 2 years!!! And I get the moment of meanness - had a few myself!!! LOL
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote: I can't believe the element that has moved in. Almost reminds me of slumlords that would put trash in a building to force tenants to move out.

Having a proper laugh here. 'element'... :lol:

Anyway, say BB, wouldn't you think that the intention of the owner after 2 years of leaving away the windowdressers, the hint was to shove up and move out that apartment or end up becoming part of the 'slum' interior? :lol:

Did I just say you were scum in a slum in a serfdom? lol :blackeye:

Nahhhh :oops: :mrgreen:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: What is up with people who.............. Feb 14, 2010
Bora Bora wrote: Below us are pedistrians walking, children playing and there is a cafe with outside tables.

Union Tower???
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Bora Bora wrote: Below us are pedistrians walking, children playing and there is a cafe with outside tables.

Union Tower???

One can only hope that all Dutch fooks are as savvy as you and me. :D
Perhaps its a Dutch virtue? :mrgreen:

ps: BB, it wasn't me. Your description was simply too accurate. :wink:
RobbyG

you are funny RobbyG :lol: ..
catalyst
Dubai chat master

Flying Dutchman wrote:

Union Tower???

A bit further up. Are you having the same problems Dutch?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

RobbyG wrote:
Bora Bora wrote: I can't believe the element that has moved in. Almost reminds me of slumlords that would put trash in a building to force tenants to move out.

Having a proper laugh here. 'element'... :lol:

Anyway, say BB, wouldn't you think that the intention of the owner after 2 years of leaving away the windowdressers, the hint was to shove up and move out that apartment or end up becoming part of the 'slum' interior? :lol:

Did I just say you were scum in a slum in a serfdom? lol :blackeye:

Nahhhh :oops: :mrgreen:

Glad to give you a chuckle pond scum.

But I guess it's a case of definition based on location. On the one hand you laugh, on the other hand, I turn my nose up. Call me a snob.

As for the owner's intention, we've known about it from the jump. It's actually old news to those who have been here, but new news to those who have recently moved in. Highly unlikely that they were told the owner's plans when they were signing the lease. For the new tenants, to have to find another apartment, pay a fee, pack and unpack, cost of moving - that really sucks. I can only think of 2 tenants that I take pleasure in the thought of them having to go through it.

We knew what was coming. The rain pretty much takes care of the windows twice a year.

So, while we are on the subject, when are you going to get yourself some proper air conditioning installed?? That fan is huge!!!!!

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:

Union Tower???

A bit further up. Are you having the same problems Dutch?

Don't listen to her FD. She's throwing static in your brain now :mrgreen:

Glad to give you a chuckle pond scum.

@ BB: Keep on going hon and I'll point my 'blower' at your building. See if the nuisance algae called BB can be wiped out that slummy tower of yours. :D

About time that building got sandblasted. :lol:
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:@ BB: Keep on going hon and I'll point my 'blower' at your building. See if the nuisance algae called BB can be wiped out that slummy tower of yours. :D

Rob, living in a slum would be a step up for you. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
RobbyG wrote:@ BB: Keep on going hon and I'll point my 'blower' at your building. See if the nuisance algae called BB can be wiped out that slummy tower of yours. :D

Rob, living in a slum would be a step up for you. :lol:

Grrr...get ready to be bitten Kitty. :lol:

Me love kitty fleshhh :twisted:
RobbyG

Re: What is up with people who.............. Feb 15, 2010
I feel for you bores, I moved into Discovery Gardens thinking it would be a nice peacefull decent place to live. I was one of the 1st tennats to move to my building and was no peacefull and quite.

Now it is invaded by mallus ! who have their ugly kids ride about in plastic wheeled tricyles along the hallway, all the while dribbling some thing in malabari on top thier voice, When thats done. Its time to scream and cry and bang on thier doors :roll:

I didnt have a camera with me othereise I would have posted a pic. Mallu family on the groud floorwith balcony next to the entrance. All sorts of lungis, bed sheets and saris hanging and the small patch of grass in front of the balcony looked like someone had tipped over a dumpster there.

I thing its some kind of identification thing mallus use to keep in contact. Drive around discovery gardens and any windows or balcony you can see clothes hanging form.....you betcha !

And you say you have problems !

P.S : oh and the drilling and hammering noises, you can't even hear them now over the other noise pollution. But when there is a moment of silence. Still there

P.P.S : There is a huge notice on the entrance from nakheel about the hanging laundry thing. Only wished they enforced it.
desertdudeshj

Re: What is up with people who.............. Feb 15, 2010
desertdudeshj wrote:
Now it is invaded by mallus ! who have their ugly kids ride about in plastic wheeled tricyles along the hallway, all the while dribbling some thing in malabari on top thier voice, When thats done. Its time to scream and cry and bang on thier doors :roll:

That was fun. Had a nice chuckle there.

Keep it up :mrgreen:
RobbyG

Re: What is up with people who.............. Feb 16, 2010
what are mallus?
Roadtester
Dubai forums Addict

Re: What is up with people who.............. Feb 16, 2010
Roadtester wrote:what are mallus?

Its garbage of the streets, scum. In human terms that is.
RobbyG

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat