Walking Buddy

Topic locked
Jul 30, 2006
Yeah relative to you i am.

Note: This eastern Jewel.... she is 1/1000 kirats

yshimy

Jul 30, 2006
You can never lose weight by onle exercising or only dieting. You have to reduce ur intake of fat and burn the ones u already have. So deiting has to be coupled with exercise( not necessarily heavy but some exercise). Also eating fruits once a day instead of a meal really helps!!!
Eros
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 30, 2006
yshimy you are not huge! Don't be silly. Everyone seems to put on a little weight here with long work hours at the computer desk etc. If you make time for some sports and the gym you'll be able to lose any excess weight that you want to. I don't mean to complain that I am getting bigger, but I prefer to stay at a stable weight, otherwise I have to buy new pants and skirts.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jul 30, 2006
K, I find if I spend more hours working I tend to lose weight cause its less time I have to be out there enjoying food. Sitting at my desk and munching away doesn't help much either - it still sheds off... sigh.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 30, 2006
That's good for me, because then you are lighter to carry! :lol:

Seriously though, some people do manage to lose weight here because of climate, work stress etc. I've just heard so many complain about weight gain because of a more sedentary lifestyle.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jul 30, 2006
kanelli wrote:That's good for me, because then you are lighter to carry! :lol:

Yes, I help save your back ;)
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 30, 2006
kanelli wrote:That's good for me, because then you are lighter to carry! :lol:

Seriously though, some people do manage to lose weight here because of climate, work stress etc. I've just heard so many complain about weight gain because of a more sedentary lifestyle.

I don't accept the "sedentary lifestyle" arguement. We all make our own life style choices, its just a matter of priority. Its easy to be lazy or blame your surroundings (not directed at you.....just in general). But if exercising is important to you, you'll find time for it.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 30, 2006
Completely agree with ^^^.

People tend to find blame in everything else other than the obvious.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 30, 2006
Where we gonna walk in this heat, Phewwwwwwwwwww
Desert Scorpion
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 30, 2006
Most definitely people need to find time to exercise, but I am sure it is an adjustment for someone who moves to Dubai and ends their work days at 8 or 9 pm. I don't blame people for feeling tired! They can find a way to adjust, like exercising earlier in the morning if they are too tired after work.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jul 30, 2006
Agree with you.....like I said. Its just a matter of priorities.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 06, 2006
Man! i can't believe i started a walking invitation post and now its turned into a weightloss debate and some silly jokes here and there!! i still need that walking buddy u know....if somebody can be kind enough to reply to the original message....hey! that would be gr8!!! :o
jija
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 06, 2006
Sorry jija, that tends to happen a lot around here. :lol: I hope that you find a walking buddy!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 06, 2006
jija wrote:Man! i can't believe i started a walking invitation post and now its turned into a weightloss debate and some silly jokes here and there!! i still need that walking buddy u know....if somebody can be kind enough to reply to the original message....hey! that would be gr8!!! :o

Unfortunately, I can't be your walking partner, but I'm always happy to tell another silly joke.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 06, 2006
Gave up walking when the automobile was invented
jim27753
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat