gtmash wrote:
dresden wrote:DAMN!

I knew it was bad.... but not THAT bad.
1 sale?????

I'd like to meet that sucker.

I think it's UAEKID.
sshhhhhh he want's to keep his secret.

LOL
Can't afford it dud, those stupid prices are ridicules . how could you sell a one bed for a over 1 mil, and the more stupid are the one who bought them…well I'm eyeballing a small 2 bedroom apartment in Dubai even though I'm from AD…it's going to be my summer kinky apartment, my own little secret ,whats what your mom is here for after all LOL

uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 08, 2009
^ You might want to work on your insults... maybe even learn to write english properly, dufus.

No need to worry about my mom. Neither of my parents have any wishes to visit a desert filled with monkeys.

Good luck with your apartment. I'm sure you'll have plenty of "kinky" paton men around to molest. Make sure you lube yourself up first!

Cheers! (oh wait, you don't drink either)
dresden
Dubai chat master

Jan 09, 2009
dresden wrote:^ You might want to work on your insults... maybe even learn to write english properly, dufus.

No need to worry about my mom. Neither of my parents have any wishes to visit a desert filled with monkeys.

Good luck with your apartment. I'm sure you'll have plenty of "kinky" paton men around to molest. Make sure you lube yourself up first!

And now we have the Chairman of the uaekid fan club :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 10, 2009
I think prices in Dubai will continue to tank and they will tank just like the stock market tanked in Dubai. Prices are still way too high in Dubai and these days people don't have money to spend on a unit that comes with crazy yearly association fees. Has anyone here seen how much the yearly maintenance fees are on most of these new villas and flats are going for? Most people don't make enough money to pay that alone every year. In the next 2-3 months I would say prices will tank another 20% at the least from today's prices.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 11, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
dresden wrote:^ You might want to work on your insults... maybe even learn to write english properly, dufus.

I hope you don't give stock tips for a living! :)
dresden
Dubai chat master

Jan 11, 2009
dresden wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

I happen to know Sage's tips on making chicken, beef and vegetable stock are excellent!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 11, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:
dresden wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

I happen to know Sage's tips on making chicken, beef and vegetable stock are excellent!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight

Thank you DK :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 11, 2009
I think you could probably walk into any of the sales offices and make a stupid offer on a property and they'd probably take it, just to make a sale.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 11, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:I think you could probably walk into any of the sales offices and make a stupid offer on a property and they'd probably take it, just to make a sale.

You are probably right at the moment.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 11, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:I think you could probably walk into any of the sales offices and make a stupid offer on a property and they'd probably take it, just to make a sale.

You need cash. No-one is going to get credit at the moment, even if you own the country...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 11, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

You need cash. No-one is going to get credit at the moment, even if you own the country...

Knight

Of course, that would be a pre-condition.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 11, 2009
even people with cash arn't buying because they know the market has still a fair way to go downwards.
arniegang

Jan 11, 2009
Last month, I made an inquiry about a certain property for sale, and the saleswoman has been calling me and bugging me constantly since then. She dropped the price 3 times so far (in just about 37 days!!).

She made it clear that she was dying to make the sale in order to keep her job! Felt sorry for her. But that’s all I did.

Still waiting to buy. Time is apparently on my side!!
Dubai Rose
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 11, 2009
Oh yeah. Hang in there.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 11, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Oh yeah. Hang in there.

That's exactly what I plan to do!!

Never thought that the property market would come crumbling down so fast!!

Dubai Rose
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 11, 2009
Geez, a year ago it was the opposite for one friend. The couple kept asking once in a while about a great apartment they wanted, and each time the agent kept raising the price, even though the unit was still available. I think they talked it down, but geez, they have still paid too much now!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 11, 2009
kanelli wrote:Geez, a year ago it was the opposite for one friend. The couple kept asking once in a while about a great apartment they wanted, and each time the agent kept raising the price, even though the unit was still available. I think they talked it down, but geez, they have still paid too much now!

To be honest, the market is in freefall now
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 12, 2009
How can you tell?

Looking at off-plan projects in Ajman and RAK, still no lowering of the prices. A few came back on the market.
A year ago I received offers for the Dunes in Ajman, but recently the price was up for that same studio and 1 bed appartment.

Not really experiencing the freefall yet.
RobbyG

Jan 12, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Knight

+1

Also love how the Gulf news front page has a nice article on the Dubai construction market is still going strong with many plans approved, and a little blurb about the UK housing market falling. LOL
dresden
Dubai chat master

Jan 12, 2009
I think they should start promoting the ( the buy one get one free ) it will boost the market LOL

in AD though you cant find a single bed , prices still going crazy. ironically it is 30km or so from dubai now
!
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 12, 2009
Abu Dhabi prices are still higher than Dubai and the availability is less. The rental market is crazy!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 12, 2009
uaekid wrote:I think they should start promoting the ( the buy one get one free ) it will boost the market LOL

in AD though you cant find a single bed , prices still going crazy. ironically it is 30km or so from dubai now
!

What is 30km from Dubai?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 12, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
uaekid wrote:I think they should start promoting the ( the buy one get one free ) it will boost the market LOL

!

What is 30km from Dubai?

AD.

Abu Dhabi
Anno Domini
Anti Democracy
Another Desert

Pick one. :wink:
RobbyG

Jan 12, 2009
RobbyG wrote:How can you tell?

Looking at off-plan projects in Ajman and RAK, still no lowering of the prices. A few came back on the market.
A year ago I received offers for the Dunes in Ajman, but recently the price was up for that same studio and 1 bed appartment.

Anyone who is thinking of buying or has bought in RAK or Ajman needs to see a doctor.
arniegang

Jan 12, 2009
arniegang wrote:
RobbyG wrote:How can you tell?

Anyone who is thinking of buying or has bought in RAK or Ajman needs to see a doctor.

Please explain.
RobbyG

Jan 12, 2009
Put simply, if the developers especially the Dubai Inc ones are struggling, then that would be magnifed 5 fold in other Emirates.

They were struggling to compete with Dubai when at the peak.
arniegang

Jan 12, 2009
I understand your reasoning, but my research points out, that RAK and possibly Ajman both are more conservative in their growth profile of construction.
As far as I can see it (and I might see it completely wrong, if so please tell me) the building boom in Dubai is far greater than the smaller (northern) emirates. The RAK authorities claim to be more exclusive by planning with less density and the same luxury with prices equalling properties in Dubai approx 4 years ago.

Ok, things definately are changing. But what are the facts? If you can give me some reference that would be great.

Keepin' my eyes open. By the way; If you buy a property, your not going to buy it at top momentum right? You wait until the moment of absolute fear comes in, then you have bargains. I think that moment may take another year or so.
RobbyG

Jan 12, 2009
RobbyG wrote:I understand your reasoning, but my research points out, that RAK and possibly Ajman both are more conservative in their growth profile of construction.

I read in the local media that rent in RAK has increased so much that is getting more higher then even in Sharjah due to shortage of property...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 12, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
RobbyG wrote:I understand your reasoning, but my research points out, that RAK and possibly Ajman both are more conservative in their growth profile of construction.

I read in the local media that rent in RAK has increased so much that is getting more higher then even in Sharjah due to shortage of property...

If thats the case, then there is no 'crisis' in RAK to be seen anywhere.
It makes sense though, as they build less, the demand of these beachfront properties remains levelled, or slightly down (market conditions) although overall prices are still going up.

Also limiting the supply of freehold property for (off-plan) sale makes demand high. In RAK the developer buys back properties of investors and speculators at market rates, so they can list them again and make another profit on it as if it were (off-plan) new, though it really is resell.

Artificial prices!
RobbyG

Jan 12, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Red Chief wrote:

If thats the case, then there is no 'crisis' in RAK to be seen anywhere.
It makes sense though, as they build less, the demand of these beachfront properties remains levelled, or slightly down (market conditions) although overall prices are still going up.

Also limiting the supply of freehold property for (off-plan) sale makes demand high. In RAK the developer buys back properties of investors and speculators at market rates, so they can list them again and make another profit on it as if it were (off-plan) new, though it really is resell.

Artificial prices!

Demand is the key issue here and the demand was always less than in Dubai.

No one can tell me that RAK etc has a higher demand than Dubai or anywhere else.

I dont belive for one second that demand is still there for these properties and as for the developers saying they will buy back at market rates :shock: They may well do, but it wont be at the rate the investor paid or expects and therefore puts the purchaser in negative equity.

People who have bought off plan in RAK can expect to be surprised that on completion their property is worth a lot less than they bought it for. This applies equally to off plan investors in Dubai too.
arniegang

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat