Villa Prices Fall By Up To 45%

Topic locked
Mar 10, 2009
Yeah, but I always thought that these greedy real-estate types were actually shooting themselves in the foot by going for one cheque. I mean, people are able to afford higher overall rent if they are able to pay in instalments.

Getting that huge amount ready is just a killer, but most people can budget month by month, or for a three month period.

Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 10, 2009
I understand your point. It likes those Brits who bought Range Rover in credit but realy could afford Prado only. 8)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 10, 2009
Red Chief wrote:I understand your point. It likes those Brits who bought Range Rover in credit but realy could afford Prado only. 8)

Interesting that you single out the brits with the range rovers!
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 10, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:Brand new 1 bedrooms in Discovery Gardens are being listed for 65K.

Buy buy buy....but you probably meant; rent rent rent :D
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 10, 2009
smoggie wrote:
Red Chief wrote:I understand your point. It likes those Brits who bought Range Rover in credit but realy could afford Prado only. 8)

Interesting that you single out the brits with the range rovers!

It's just cos there are so many Brits here.

Like that idiot on the news lately who advertised on his porsche after he lost his job. Poor baby, he earnt less than I do and obviously had little savings and yet he had bought a porsche? Moron.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 10, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Captain Australia wrote:Brand new 1 bedrooms in Discovery Gardens are being listed for 65K.

Buy buy buy....but you probably meant; rent rent rent :D

Yeah, rent. Property (buying) prices fall first then rental prices fall a little later.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 10, 2009
The article posted is nonsense.

Everyone watch the prices plummet further as fast as a lead balloon come July/August when the second huge wave of expats go home after their Kids have finished school in June.
arniegang

Mar 10, 2009
Agreed, Arnie.

I think exactly the same and wait for it.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 10, 2009
Hey I have 2 range rovers and I'm not a brit
desertdudeshj

Mar 10, 2009
Yes, it is further down from here.
DoubleDigit
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 10, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Hey I have 2 range rovers and I'm not a brit

Two? So you can use one while the other is getting fixed?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 10, 2009
No man...both run absolutely fine. More relaiable than any jap
hunk a junk I ever drove or had.
desertdudeshj

Mar 10, 2009

Sorry, mate, I forgot you. I believe that only Brits and Arabs can buy british car 'coz if you see the car it's going eather to work-shop or from work-shop.
8) 8) 8)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 10, 2009
Red Chief wrote:

Sorry, mate, I forgot you. I believe that only Brits and Arabs can buy british car 'coz if you see the car it's going eather to work-shop or from work-shop.
8) 8) 8)

Have you ever owned a Land Rover or is this what you've heard ! Like I said my none of Landys past and present have never left me stranded on the roadside.

BTW both of mine are 11 yrs old one has almost 200k on it and still fires up everytime and you should see the thrashing I give it every weekend in the desert ! and still purrs like a kitten on road.

Other than the regular oil changes I havent spent anything on them.
desertdudeshj

Mar 10, 2009
Red Chief wrote:

8) 8) 8)

Mine is going fine too Chief! And all paid for. :P The ar*eholes at Al Tayer want over Dhs 450k for a new one now I think, I told them I can wait a few months to replace :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 10, 2009
Sorry, buddy, but I saw 2 000 000 Km on an odometer of Land Cruiser 80 with diesel engine... So my next car will be japanese like current one...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 10, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Sorry, buddy, but I saw 2 000 000 Km on an odometer of Land Cruiser 80 with diesel engine... So my next car will be japanese like current one...

My previous Range Rover had 223,000kms on it when I sold it and now the Australian bloke who has it has done about 250k . I also know of a range rover with over 300k on the odo.

So now are you going to buy a range rover ?

Jap cars are for people who don't mind driving character less tin cans :D
desertdudeshj

Mar 10, 2009
Uhummm I know we can talk 50 pages about a f@cking landrover...but this topic moves around Villa prices!

Open your own scrapyard. You can talk (s)crap al day long.
RobbyG

Mar 10, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Uhummm I know we can talk 50 pages about a f@cking landrover...but this topic moves around Villa prices!

Open your own scrapyard. You can talk (s)crap al day long.

LOL

parting shot...Lada is made in Russia :D

Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 10, 2009
Anyway, what's to discuss. Villa prices are going to fall, especially as was said above, once the school year ends, so just wait ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 10, 2009
one of my mate has a pajero the mileage is touching 300,000km. bloody 15 years old minga and runs like a hound dog :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 10, 2009
I saw a toyota corolla cab once with over 900k I kid you not :shock: although on its 6th motor !

Villa prices who cares. There won't be anyone to live in them anyway. Hopefully will go back to the days when you could rent a 3br villa with a huge garden and covered parking space for 2 cars for 25k a year 8)
desertdudeshj

Mar 10, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:I saw a toyota corolla cab once with over 900k I kid you not :shock: although on its 6th motor !

Villa prices who cares. There won't be anyone to live in them anyway. Hopefully will go back to the days when you could rent a 3br villa with a huge garden and covered parking space for 2 cars for 25k a year 8)

I wish, but you know the Municipality will never allow landlords to lose so much money especially as so many of them are Nationals. I do really believe that's the reason behind the rent index, it will stop prices falling fast and naturally. Funny that it was introduced just when a global credit crunch was biting the rest of the world and knocking on Dubai's door......

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 11, 2009
Yeah you could be right. But with a big number of vacant Villas and apts empty the landlords them selves will become desperate. Unless the muncipality will pay from their coffers for the non rented properties. I don't think that they are that nice
desertdudeshj

Mar 11, 2009
He-he, Hump on the plain road, I am reading about Ostin in the novel of Jonathan Coe but can't imagine the current model... The empire was over a long-long time ago... Now it's only a medium-sized island... Accept this as you accepted your Suzy Wong...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 11, 2009
Red Chief wrote:He-he, Hump on the plain road, I am reading about Ostin in the novel of Jonathan Coe but can't imagine the current model... The empire was over a long-long time ago... Now it's only a medium-sized island... Accept this as you accepted your Suzy Wong...

Hey, you mean me, you Red Square? :D

I don't know the book you mean, and do you mean Austin motor cars? I don't think we make them now mate, only Aston Martins, Bentleys, Rolls Royce, etc. Just the finest cars in the world :D

Empire, are you starting up on that again.....? I guess you're proud of having the biggest emptiest country in the world, but the most gangsters. Good for you sunshine ;)

Suzy Wong LOL. It's nice to know you like reading about me, especially as I'm so insignificant ! :roll:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 11, 2009
Speedhump wrote:I don't know the book you mean, and do you mean Austin motor cars? I don't think we make them now mate, only Aston Martins, Bentleys, Rolls Royce, etc. Just the finest cars in the world :D

Actually you have nothing. BMW, Ford and F$cken Vagen have... Sorry I forgot about Tata...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 11, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Speedhump wrote:I don't know the book you mean, and do you mean Austin motor cars? I don't think we make them now mate, only Aston Martins, Bentleys, Rolls Royce, etc. Just the finest cars in the world :D

Actually you have nothing. BMW, Ford and F$cken Vagen have...

On paper...so true ;)
They still have the factories and manufacturing knowledge over there in the UK ;)
RobbyG

Mar 11, 2009
Red Chief wrote:

Actually you have nothing. BMW, Ford and F$cken Vagen have... Sorry I forgot about Tata...

I said we make them you dolt, and you are very well aware they are perceived as British marques all around the world. Your childish attempts to rile me make me chuckle. I love your sour grapes ! :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 11, 2009
Aw come on how can you compare the lengendry brand LADA to small time crappy ones like Land Rover !

I think that the only vehicles they have are the Kamaz trucks, awesome beasts.

Oh BTW this thread is about Villa prices people !

:wink:
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat