Unpaid Bar Bill Leads To Arrest

Topic locked
Unpaid bar bill leads to arrest Nov 19, 2007
I was standing in the lobby of my Bur Dubai Hotel when an Irish and English guy were arrested for non-payment of their 1,500 Saturday afternoon bar bill in the sports bar. Is this a common occurrence where some guys have got no money and they try to sneak out of the Dubai bar without paying. Just curious.

Paul Booth
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 19, 2007
British people usually dont pay the bill and try to run :P
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 19, 2007
Is this somehow going to be turned into how bad this place is? The drunks didn't pay and they got arrested. Simple.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Pakistani nonsense Nov 19, 2007
Yes and Pakistanis can't afford to go in a Dubai bar in the first place.
Paul Booth
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 19, 2007
lol hahahah
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 19, 2007
paul it does happen alot. especially if you got the England football team fans in dubai when the major matches like World Cup or Euro are going on.

The police do arrest them but since the british lads have got the "red" passport the police usually let them go in a day or so because they know the counslate will free them up.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Unpaid bar bill leads to arrest Nov 20, 2007
Paul Booth wrote:I was standing in the lobby of my Bur Dubai Hotel when an Irish and English guy were arrested for non-payment of their 1,500 Saturday afternoon bar bill in the sports bar. Is this a common occurrence where some guys have got no money and they try to sneak out of the Dubai bar without paying. Just curious.

If this is really what happened, they deserve it.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
Paul Booth wrote:I was standing in the lobby of my Bur Dubai Hotel when an Irish and English guy were arrested for non-payment of their 1,500 Saturday afternoon bar bill in the sports bar. Is this a common occurrence where some guys have got no money and they try to sneak out of the Dubai bar without paying. Just curious.

yeh they do but they will be let off easily cos of the passport they carry.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Pakistani nonsense Nov 20, 2007
Paul Booth wrote:Yes and Pakistanis can't afford to go in a Dubai bar in the first place.

Those people who afford it , they cant even pay the bill :lol:
killl billl
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

rudeboy wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

I'm not so sure this will be the case though
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

I'm not so sure this will be the case though

trust me the police will let them go after one day. Because they know that EVEN if it goes to the court the counslate will send a lawyer who will defend them. Thats y police usually let them go after a lecture to avoid the unecessary paper work. I have seen it happen so many times in Chelsea tower.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Pakistani nonsense Nov 23, 2007
Paul Booth wrote:Yes and Pakistanis can't afford to go in a Dubai bar in the first place.

HAHAHAHA...
nice one ,true ..
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Pakistani nonsense Nov 24, 2007
hack88 wrote:

HAHAHAHA...
nice one ,true ..

Not very true if its the money part.. coz there are thousands of rich Pakishtani's here.. but yes. they cant afford in terms of religion but u'll be surprised to know how many bars and hotels are owned by Pakisthani's especially in Bur Dubai, Diera areas.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

St.Lucifer wrote:
hack88 wrote:

HAHAHAHA...
nice one ,true ..

Not very true if its the money part.. coz there are thousands of rich Pakishtani's here.. but yes. they cant afford in terms of religion but u'll be surprised to know how many bars and hotels are owned by Pakisthani's especially in Bur Dubai, Diera areas.

Actually, there are thousands of rich "Muslims" nowadays who drink nowadays. I see them when I go have my expensive non-alcoholic crap with my alcoholic buddies.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

gtmash wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:
hack88 wrote:

HAHAHAHA...
nice one ,true ..

Actually, there are thousands of rich "Muslims" nowadays who drink nowadays. I see them when I go have my expensive non-alcoholic crap with my alcoholic buddies.

Spot on! I've my own friends.. some r even locals :D on all kinda stuff u get..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

HP wrote:

Those people who afford it , they cant even pay the bill :lol:
killl billl

lol hahahah
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nice pakistani girls at the Chelsea Hotel Nov 28, 2007
Whilst in Dubai I stayed at the Indian owned Chelsea hotel. visited the Indian nightclub known as the 'Gungat' or summat similar in the hotel. To cut a long story short the Indian and Pakistani guys were feasting themselves on the Indian and Pakistani ladies dancing away to the latest tunes from Bollywood. The lads would also throw a load of paper with amounts of money written on them at the ladies. The bits of paper are then picked up by a 'brushman' to be inspected later by the ladies who can claim some heavy financial reward. Anyway the Pakistani girls I found to be particularly alluring on the night I night visited. Can anybody explain in detail how the paper throwing antic works?
Paul Booth
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 28, 2007
Hahahah.... the Indian night club.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Nice pakistani girls at the Chelsea Hotel Nov 28, 2007
Paul Booth wrote:Whilst in Dubai I stayed at the Indian owned Chelsea hotel. visited the Indian nightclub known as the 'Gungat' or summat similar in the hotel. To cut a long story short the Indian and Pakistani guys were feasting themselves on the Indian and Pakistani ladies dancing away to the latest tunes from Bollywood. The lads would also throw a load of paper with amounts of money written on them at the ladies. The bits of paper are then picked up by a 'brushman' to be inspected later by the ladies who can claim some heavy financial reward. Anyway the Pakistani girls I found to be particularly alluring on the night I night visited. Can anybody explain in detail how the paper throwing antic works?

Are you serious :?: :shock:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Indian Night Club Nov 29, 2007
Yes I was very curious about this these little bits of paper with large amounts of money written on them. Which were thrown at the dancing girls. By the way the place was packed out one night.
Paul Booth
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 01, 2007
lol hahahaha paul ok i ll explain it to ya. usually they throw cards at them. a card can represent 100dhs or whatever depends on the foreman. so you get cards and get the foreman to throw at the dancers you fancy. the dancer will come forward and she will do a dance for ya. and the more you spend on her who knows u might just get lucky ;). I have seen ppl throw money on them but they changed to cards cos the money would usually get nicked or something.

Mind you they got some nice talent in chelsea tower ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Ok I get it, I think Apr 07, 2008
Bit complicated. Some guys throw hundrdeds of pieces of paper at the girls. They can't all have money written on them, can they.
Paul Booth
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Ok I get it, I think Apr 07, 2008
Paul Booth wrote:Bit complicated. Some guys throw hundrdeds of pieces of paper at the girls. They can't all have money written on them, can they.

I've seen a friend/colleague of mine wasting 4k in 20 mins this way.. just for nothing. He said he's been seing it for abt 3 yrs n wanted to do it once.. but there are others who pour in all the money they've got in dance bars.. personally I hate dance bars.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

St.Lucifer wrote:
Paul Booth wrote:Bit complicated. Some guys throw hundrdeds of pieces of paper at the girls. They can't all have money written on them, can they.

I've seen a friend/colleague of mine wasting 4k in 20 mins this way.. just for nothing. He said he's been seing it for abt 3 yrs n wanted to do it once.. but there are others who pour in all the money they've got in dance bars.. personally I hate dance bars.

This has to be total madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I grew up here, but I learn something new every day.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat