UAE Citizenship

Topic locked
Oct 07, 2009
Judging by the latest census figures all locals would be better off applying for an injun passport, in fact come to think of it maybe we all would be :shock:

busa
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 07, 2009
Well I really thought long and hard about applying for Canadian citizenship, I'm still not 100% decided on that. Its really big P.I.T.A to uproot yourself and start from scratch all over again in a strange land. And after a lot of research lot of immigrants even though qualified really don't end up getting jobs in their field.

The first few years really are a struggle, I have a couple of friends there and its all first hand accounts I've based my opinion on.

But If I was ever to migrate it will surely be to Canada. But would be a very very sad day though to leave my home the UAE behind. But ofcourse I can always just fly in, without worrying about visa's and crap.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 07, 2009
I guess the UAE and the other Gulf States want to preserve their unique
Arab culture, Since they are a small nation and population, they are not going to change their immigration policy to liberalize and encourage
citizenship. On the contrary I would n t be surprised if they prefer
to rotate the employed workers every 5 years and limit work visa to 5 years.
Sooner or later they will scrap the sponsor system and the government decide who is going to get a visa. With that they also tend to get better talent and more companies to set up here, since nobody particularly likes to depend their well being on the mood of a local sponsor.
macjul
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 07, 2009
macjul wrote:I guess the UAE and the other Gulf States want to preserve their unique
Arab culture, Since they are a small nation and population, they are not going to change their immigration policy to liberalize and encourage
citizenship. On the contrary I would n t be surprised if they prefer
to rotate the employed workers every 5 years and limit work visa to 5 years.
Sooner or later they will scrap the sponsor system and the government decide who is going to get a visa. With that they also tend to get better talent and more companies to set up here, since nobody particularly likes to depend their well being on the mood of a local sponsor.

There was a "blip" in the news about the government changing the law so that a business did not require a local sponsor. Would be very good for business, but I think the idea has faded.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 10, 2009
I want to know the answer about this question
dinoman
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 13, 2009
the new law is about to come in effect, basically it stipulates that if u marry a local you cannot apply for citizenship until 20 years of marriage pass. and if you do decide to get married to a local and you acquire citizenship then you get a divorice and you marry a non local, you loose the citizenship.

also, certain locals (especially those who work for places that have to do with security) cannot get married to foreigners without prior permission from the diwan.
monymoe
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: UAE Citizenship Jun 09, 2015
I'm in uae from since I was 4 years now I'm 18 year's my visa is expired from 7years I didn't went any contry I know this uae only my country I finished my school now want study more in college so I can't go coz of visa I'm really tired of having this life can't go any were can't enjoy all rights can I get uae national or plz solve my problem I don't have money also to pay fines 3laks plz friends give me any saluting =(
hamza
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: UAE Citizenship Sep 02, 2015
I dont think they give you nationality this easy. What i have heard here is that they do not allow anyone outsider to grab a nationality of here untill and unless they are actually beneficial for the country by any mean.

--- Sep 02, 2015 ---

I dont think they give you nationality this easy. What i have heard here is that they do not allow anyone outsider to grab a nationality of here untill and unless they are actually beneficial for the country by any mean.
kiwistech
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat