Latest Figure From The Uae Ministry Of Labor About Uae Visas

Topic locked
Latest figure from the uae ministry of labor about uae visas Apr 27, 2009
Guys, Rumors have been flushed out. This is the latest figure from the uae ministry of labor who has revealed that around 200,000 more residency permits have been issued in the last six months than have been cancelled.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/553834-u ... --minister

Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 27, 2009
4m divided by 36 months = 111,111 x 6 months = 666,666 this is the amount of residencey visas that would have to be issued for the existing work force. Furthermore most companies are not cancelling the residence visas in the hope of picking up work before the 6 month period expires.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 27, 2009
Was reading the article to understand Sagé 'oh so clear' calculation about the visa numbers when I spotted the comments of the regulars:

meaningless
Posted by jim on Monday 27 April 2009 at 18:08 UAE time

This is a meaningless statistic even if the figures are true. Many leavers have not cancelled their visas, they just left, many who applied have subsequently not come. As everyone who lives in Dubai knows, there are less people on the roads, less people in the malls and less jobs, wolly statistics dont fool anyone.

airport figures
Posted by Rajesh, Dubai, UAE on Monday 27 April 2009 at 17:59 UAE time

The only correct position can be known after the airport gives the figures .

please stop
Posted by Emeralda, Dubai, UAE on Monday 27 April 2009 at 17:47 UAE time

Please stop laughing at people's mind. I've just lost my job recently with 35 of my colleagues. Anyone intersted in hiring me and my collueagues? I beleive they have to add the cancellation of 36 persons.

Amazing Statistics!
Posted by ZeTallGerman, Dubai, United Arab Emirates on Monday 27 April 2009 at 17:17 UAE time

Wow! Somehow I think that some of the world's major banks and financial institutions should employ some of the "statistics-swingers" from the UAE: these guys can twist any numbers to make them look positive overall. Where are these alleged 200,000 new residents hiding? Everyone I know currently knows at least 3 families (not persons, FAMILIES) who are leaving or have already left. I recently travelled out and into the UAE twice... both times the airport and flight was EMPTY. Show me these 200,000 new expats, please!

This were just the first few that entered the list of 23 when I read it...
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 27, 2009
^^^ well said ^^^
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 29, 2009
UAE is fu*cked. They are all stupid, wake up and smell the coffee. Oh wait, they will hire an Indian to do that for them.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 29, 2009
K-Dog wrote:UAE is fu*cked. They are all stupid, wake up and smell the coffee. Oh wait, they will hire an Indian to do that for them.

we have awakened the beast LOOOOOOOOOOL
. well k-dog, let me put it in a way you'll understand it, it's like poker, you just have to keep bluffing in order to win :wink:

correction k-dog, Dubai is fucked. AD became the low interest world bank with loans to give.

how is the new job ? and what brought you to DF soon so soon ? man don't tell me you'll be like kanille, an ex UAE worker who is still under shock for being deported and post in DF just to get her self a sense that she is still living here :lol: .... move on ,let it go dude.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 29, 2009
Well a travel agent friend says there are more than 250,000 one way outta here tickets booked for the next few months.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 29, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Well a travel agent friend says there are more than 250,000 one way outta here tickets booked for the next few months.

That many? :shock:

Thats like 5 to 6 percent of the entire population in exodus!?!

:roll:
RobbyG

Apr 29, 2009
Yup!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 29, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Yup!

Well, that does make room for renovation of the older, more neglected residential buildings...

Gotta do something when the tenants are out for a longggg vacation, right? :wink:
RobbyG

Apr 30, 2009
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat