A Tragedy And A Selfish Act

Topic locked
A tragedy and a selfish act Sep 28, 2011
So so sad for this story, but I have to wonder how selfish the mother was, to jump out the window after her son and let her daughter watch her die! Not only that, she could have killed the daughter as well.

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news ... wers-block

People will bang on about railings and windows being locked, but what about the bad parenting?

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: A Tragedy And A Selfish Act Sep 28, 2011
The mother leaving a 5 year old unattended seems to be a minor point. In the US it is mandatory to have guard rails on all windows for children up to a certain age - I believe it is 10 years of age. It was parental neglect that caused that child to go out that window. A tragedy nevertheless. God help that little girl having to live with those pictues in her head for the rest of her life.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

So sad!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: A tragedy and a selfish act Sep 28, 2011
I just can't imagine how awful that must have been and that she's going to have to live with that memory - just so so sad :(
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I hear similar stories from people in Abu Dhabi. Some residential towers got short guard rails on the balconies, and it resulted in similar tragedies with kids falling down while climbing chairs.
symmetric
BANNED

Re: A Tragedy And A Selfish Act Sep 29, 2011
I think this is a really tragic story and obviously the mother was out of her mind with grief. I am sure if she had stopped to think about it she would not have jumped, unfortunately I dont think that she did she was probably completely deranged.
patience
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat