Tkae The Snake

Topic locked
Tkae the snake Sep 11, 2009
The Metro has finally arrived!!! Went out for a ride yesterday. There was a buzz in the air!!!!

How many will be taking the metro in the next few days???

DPS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 11, 2009
Maybe, you can't have lived here and not say you rode it, like the Tube in London, the Metro in Moscow, the MRT in Singapore, the Subway in NY. :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2009
Well I have two stations very close to my house ( discovery garden )one is even operational(nakheel harbour) and has the multistoried parking lot, dunno if th parking is free though. Might use it occasionaly for short hops down to SZR.

Although one thing I don't get is now the narrow streets in and arounf the gardens,Disco gardens and battuta mall are littered with these feeder at the moment almost empty buses and creating some really unwanted traffic for a station that isn't even operational yet. All they do is just do the circuit and just park under the station which is far from completed.

Might take a hop on tonite just to check it out
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 11, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Maybe, you can't have lived here and not say you rode it, like the Tube in London, the Metro in Moscow, the MRT in Singapore, the Subway in NY. :D

I think Dubai's one is most close to MRT in Singa or MTR in Xian Gang though. :)

The train I was really tempted by goes through this bridge:

http://www.airport-technology.com/proje ... gkong3.jpg

The view was breathtaking. 8)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 11, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Speedhump wrote:Maybe, you can't have lived here and not say you rode it, like the Tube in London, the Metro in Moscow, the MRT in Singapore, the Subway in NY. :D

I think Dubai's one is most close to MRT in Singa or MTR in Xian Gang though. :)

The train I was really tempted by goes through this bridge:

http://www.airport-technology.com/proje ... gkong3.jpg

The view was breathtaking. 8)

Yeah guess I was silly not to use it when I stopped there this year. Took bloody taxis to and from mainland, more time and more expensive, but I was a bit jetlagged so brain was not working. :shock:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2009
Speedhump wrote: so brain was not working. :shock:

Does it ever ! :D
desertdudeshj

Sep 11, 2009
I doubt that taxi is more expensive but you definitely lost something: 250 km/h at 100 meters from the ocean surface. :shock:
8)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 11, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:
Speedhump wrote: so brain was not working. :shock:

Does it ever ! :D

If you have a length of rubber hose you can attach to the exhaust of your behemoth vehicle I can suggest a great use for the emissions of your 4X4...you'll find them very nutritious... ;) :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2009
I got a hose, but its not long enough to reach your apartment window ! :)
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat