This Is My Last POST In DubaiForums.com

Topic locked
This is my last POST in DubaiForums.com Jan 22, 2006
1st. I'm so glad to tell you that this forums would be much better without a member like me.

2nd. I guess, am waisting my time to reply to few members

3rd. With all my respect, Liban and sniper420. Please delete all my post in this forums.

4th. Good luck all, there is a good admin in this forums. Can help you anytime.

Good luck all

AhmedBinAbdullah
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2006
whats up with all these posts of people leaving the forum .. does any of us give a shit ? no ! absolutely not .. here is a tip. if you are not going to post here anymore just stop posting no need for a public service announcement.

seriously no one gives a shit, its just the internet people dont make it your life.

take it easy
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 23, 2006
amen
kelly1966
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 23, 2006
He's only goin Maad because his scam has been rumbled

see thread

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=4706

8)
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 23, 2006
arniegang wrote:He's only goin Maad because his scam has been rumbled.

8)

What scam are u talking about?

Awwwwwwwww. Poor Ahmed needed some attention. Poor guy most of the time I didnt know what the hell was he taking about except for this last post! Well I wish u best of Luck Ahmed.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 23, 2006
That is one stupid scam and well spotted ArnieGang!!!

That's put a smile on my face on a Monday morning!!

I loved the way he used the same profile on ebay to bith buy the replica's and then try to sell them as genuine products!!!! :happy7: :) :)
G
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 24, 2006
What was the scam, wont let me on, says users with special access only ????????????????????
ArifN
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 24, 2006
He was selling fake designer watches that he was buying from another ebayer for around $25 then selling them for anything upto $25000!!!

problem is, its always a small world on the www, and as it happens i collect/like expensive watches and i happened to have the brochure, strangely enough the watch model didnt exist :P.

Also his statement about the difference between waterproof and water resistant and the guarantee period, was factually incorrect.

Ohh and his email was fake also, as was the telephone number in Switzerland that i rang :)

Its a bit like when i walk around Karama, i have a joke with them when they offer me fake rolex's etc, i show them mine and just say, "why would i buy a fake when i wear the real thing :) "

They just smile.
arniegang

Jan 24, 2006
ohhhh and he has removed his ebay link that he was advertising on, his username is VIP Pilot
:lol: :lol:
arniegang

Jan 24, 2006
Way to go Arnie!!!!

I had to laugh when I seen he was leaving the forums......you shouldn't be scaring the members away like that ha, ha :lol:

Have a good one!!!!!!!
kelly1966
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 24, 2006
Thanks Kelly

Just a case of looking out for the peeps on here making sure no one get robbed or ripped off. I hate scammers, they are the scum of the earth, preying on people that dont know any better and vulnerable.
arniegang

Jan 24, 2006
arniegang wrote:Thanks Kelly

Just a case of looking out for the peeps on here making sure no one get robbed or ripped off. I hate scammers, they are the scum of the earth, preying on people that dont know any better and vulnerable.

I fear doing business on ebay or things like that over the net because of scammers and theives...

Why can't people just me honest... :cry:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 24, 2006
Liban

Sadly they are about im affraid. But more worryingly people actually fall for these scams. Ebay is safe if you follow the rules and guidance.

But people always think they are getting "something for nothing or cheap".

It never is, theres always a catch!!!
arniegang

Jan 24, 2006
arniegang wrote:Liban

Sadly they are about im affraid. But more worryingly people actually fall for these scams. Ebay is safe if you follow the rules and guidance.

Ain't that a fact. But, still even if something is a regular but decent price, what garantee is there that the person delivers?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 24, 2006
arniegang wrote:Liban

I wonder why they never caught this guy???
kelly1966
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 25, 2006
Just to be fair to that guy, I don't really think he intended to scam people into paying 250,000 Dirhams for a watch ...etc.

I mean it's an online forum by middle-class expats in Dubai, hardly the market for scammers.

However, from the other posts which go something like this:-

Ahmed's post: I have a 250 000 Dhs gift.
HP's post: blah blah blah ...
Ahmed's post: Oh yeah and I guaranteed the sale by 1 million Dhs from my bank account.
HP's post: blah blah blah.
Ahmed's post: Did I mention when I bought another watch for $$$$$$ dollars?

He just basically wants to meet gold-diggers so he can get a free nightstand.

But that's just my two cents :)
Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 25, 2006
kelly1966 wrote:
I wonder why they never caught this guy???

With all the con artists and scammers out there, I doubt they are able to kep track of them all... :?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 25, 2006
Linda_Stuiv wrote:
Ahmed's post: I have a 250 000 Dhs gift.
HP's post: blah blah blah ...
Ahmed's post: Oh yeah and I guaranteed the sale by 1 million Dhs from my bank account.
HP's post: blah blah blah.
Ahmed's post: Did I mention when I bought another watch for $$$$$$ dollars?

He just basically wants to meet gold-diggers so he can get a free nightstand.

But that's just my two cents :)

Blah Blah Blah blah blah blah
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 25, 2006
Linda - you do not have access to his account because it has been removed from Ebay. Fortunately i did, and i checked his buying and selling history. His method of sale was against all advice give on Ebay, mainly DO SEND MONEY TO WESTERN UNION ACCOUNTS. Take my word for it he was a scammer.

Liban - It is ok to buy on Ebay if you think you see a bargin. Just read the buyers protection section. If you purchase via Paypal you are protected up to certain levels. So, if you dont receive the goods etc, the money is clawed back via the sellers paypal account.

This i may add is only relevant to the UK Ebay Site using "Pay Pal". Liban. We have quite strict credit controls in the UK. Under our Consumer Protection Act, if we use a credit card for to buy a car for example, and the car is crap, etc etc, and the dealer is not interested or refuses to refund the money, we are able to claim the money back from the Credit Card companies.

The "Act"makes the Credit Card company responsible for disputes regarding products bought with a Credit Card.

However you have the same protection as long as you purchase products using the "Pay Pal System" on Ebay.

So if you see a bargin on Ebay UK buy it Liban using Pay Pal - you will be ok honest.
arniegang

Jan 25, 2006
some investigaation there arnie, u shud be working for MI6 , at least you could have avoided getin caught on camera , I HOPE :wink:
ArifN
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 26, 2006
thats called just being a smart shopper and anyone should have that basic understanding if they want to buy/sell over the net.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 26, 2006
arniegang wrote:Linda - you do not have access to his account because it has been removed from Ebay. Fortunately i did, and i checked his buying and selling history. His method of sale was against all advice give on Ebay, mainly DO SEND MONEY TO WESTERN UNION ACCOUNTS. Take my word for it he was a scammer.

Liban - It is ok to buy on Ebay if you think you see a bargin. Just read the buyers protection section. If you purchase via Paypal you are protected up to certain levels. So, if you dont receive the goods etc, the money is clawed back via the sellers paypal account.

This i may add is only relevant to the UK Ebay Site using "Pay Pal". Liban. We have quite strict credit controls in the UK. Under our Consumer Protection Act, if we use a credit card for to buy a car for example, and the car is crap, etc etc, and the dealer is not interested or refuses to refund the money, we are able to claim the money back from the Credit Card companies.

The "Act"makes the Credit Card company responsible for disputes regarding products bought with a Credit Card.

However you have the same protection as long as you purchase products using the "Pay Pal System" on Ebay.

So if you see a bargin on Ebay UK buy it Liban using Pay Pal - you will be ok honest.

Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 28, 2006
One thing I've learned is that anything too good to be true is not true,,,,
TapuUSA
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 28, 2006
A very true and wise statement Tapu
arniegang

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat