They Got What They Wanted!

Topic locked
They Got What They Wanted! Dec 10, 2011
HMS Ocean docked in Plymouth today after a deployment in the gulf.
They have been on a seven-and-a-half-month mission which saw them play a key role in operations against the regime of Colonel Gaddafi in Libya.

There was much joy as soldiers and sailors were greeted by their families including some shiny new babies. Awww.

The crew weren't sure if they would get home in time for Christmas so made a video for their loved ones. Respect to them. The good humour of British Forces shines through.

Every one a hero. I hope they all have a few fantastic weeks off over the holidays.

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: They Got What They Wanted! Dec 10, 2011
There's absolutely nothing, like the feeling of 'Going Home' after a leave of absence.
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Ah that's so great! I spent time on HMS Ocean. She's an amazing piece of kit and all the crew and people who serve on her are truly lovely and wonderful people.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Ah that's so great! I spent time on HMS Ocean. She's an amazing piece of kit and all the crew and people who serve on her are truly lovely and wonderful people.

Forces friend! That's wonderful :D

--- Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:59 am ---

Dillon wrote:There's absolutely nothing, like the feeling of 'Going Home' after a leave of absence.

By the look on their faces, when they were getting off that boat Dillon, you are damn right.
I was always one of those waiting at home. To be honest most of the time I hoped my husband wouldn't get home. He was a right pain in the backside
I wouldn't change a thing though. :D
Bethsmum

It's wonderful that so many are returning in time to spend the holidays together. They have been showing clips of US military returning - surprising families. One guy hadn't been home for 3 years!!

To all the great men and women who served on behalf of your country - Merry Chistmas!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:It's wonderful that so many are returning in time to spend the holidays together. They have been showing clips of US military returning - surprising families. One guy hadn't been home for 3 years!!

To all the great men and women who served on behalf of your country - Merry Chistmas!!!

Three years Bora? That's shocking! That's like proper war time :shock: The longest I didn't see my dad was 18 months when he was in Aden when I was little.

It always brings a tear to my eye when I see the men reunited with their families and/or girlfriends. There was a couple whispering sweet nothings to each other when he got off the boat. She said I love you and he said I love you more. The camera was on them and all the world could see what they were saying.

He'll have messed the house up by now and she'll be counting the days till he sets sail again. :D

Not really, that was just me reminising :P
Bethsmum

Re: They Got What They Wanted! Dec 11, 2011
A female friend is taking good care of British soldiers in Amsterdam now in a stripclub and I am paying. Bless the British, Canadian, Polish and US forces! Bless them for liberating my country and fighting for our freedom. Whereever I am I always make sure they have a good time! And that includes the US navy in Dubai.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: They Got What They Wanted! Dec 11, 2011
Flying Dutchman wrote:A female friend is taking good care of British soldiers in Amsterdam now in a stripclub and I am paying. Bless the British, Canadian, Polish and US forces! Bless them for liberating my country and fighting for our freedom. Whereever I am I always make sure they have a good time! And that includes the US navy in Dubai.

Yes, God bless all of our Forces and God bless the Brits for keeping the Dutch economy afloat!

I always quite liked the American lads. I spent a year working for the USAF in London. My mother worked for them too in a different office. she used to watch me like a hawk. I was once asked out by this older Airman and his surname was Lazarus. I think he was Jewish. She absolutely forbade me to have anything to do with him. I think it was because she quite liked him too :P

Before I had my place in Dubai we spent a lot of time at the hotels in Dubai and around 2003/4 they were overrun with American Forces. Most of them were really nice. The black women were more like black men and I wouldn't want to cross any of them.
A hispanic squaddie from NY took a fancy to my eldest daughter. He was stationed up in AD somewhere but he came down every night to see her as his sargeant had taken a fancy to some Russian working bird and he came down every night to see her so gave this young lad a lift. The sargeant was married too, naughty!
We kept in touch with him and I remember sending him some parcels when he went to Iraq.
I sent him some copies of the Viz. You probably won't know what the Viz is unless you are English :P
We kind of lost touch. He seemed to disappear and I always wondered if anything bad had happened to him. I hope not.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat