To The Ones Who Know Dubai Well

Topic locked
To the ones who know Dubai well Sep 30, 2008
Hi,

which regions would you recommend to us?

We are looking for something
-which is as close as possible tothe road that leads to Abu Dhabi
- but still offers a nice region without having to look at construction work every day
- possibly a view of the sea or something in a green area
- 2 bedroom 2 bathroom
- house or apartment
-which is also not too disconnected so people visiting us could get around by cab

These are the regions I saw on the map, but I have never been in Dubai, so I would like to hear your opinion.

The Meadows (especially phase 1 and 2)

Jumeirah Beach Residence
Jumeirah Lake Towers
Jumeirah Park
Jumeirah Islands
Emirates Golf Club
The Gardens
Emirate Hills
The Views
The Greens
The Lakes

Thank you, your help is very apreciated.

alexalexa
Dubai Forum User

Sep 30, 2008
hiya,

i think if we had a budget, it would be easier.

e.g. Greens and Jumeirah Islands are 2 very different price bands.

OTP
onthepalm
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 30, 2008
200 000 AED per year, a bit more or less should not be a problem.
alexalexa
Dubai Forum User

Re: To the ones who know Dubai well Sep 30, 2008
alexalexa wrote:Hi,

which regions would you recommend to us?

We are looking for something
-which is as close as possible tothe road that leads to Abu Dhabi
- but still offers a nice region without having to look at construction work every day
- possibly a view of the sea or something in a green area
- 2 bedroom 2 bathroom
- house or apartment
-which is also not too disconnected so people visiting us could get around by cab

These are the regions I saw on the map, but I have never been in Dubai, so I would like to hear your opinion.

The Meadows (especially phase 1 and 2)

Jumeirah Beach Residence
Jumeirah Lake Towers
Jumeirah Park
Jumeirah Islands
Emirates Golf Club
The Gardens
Emirate Hills
The Views
The Greens
The Lakes

Thank you, your help is very apreciated.

Sorry, but what you are looking for really does not exist yet...

Close to the road to Abu Dhabi: The whole of Dubai is close to the Sheikh Zayed Road, it cuts right through the middle of the city.
The whole of the area at the Abu Dhabi end of town is a construction site and about to undergo an even bigger burst of work as they start the 'Waterfront' project towards Jebel Ali.
Everything there is still brown. No green yet and no developments are finished overlooking the sea.
It would be apartment as they are not building villas there yet. 2 bed/bath is available in some of the buildings at Jumeirah Lake Towers.
Getting cabs is a problem anywhere in the city, but we can get to pretty much anywhere if you are willing wait long enough and pay the rates.

Some of the locations you have listed will require considerably larger budgets than your available amount. Villas in Emirates Hills are selling for anywhere between 7.5 and 15 MILLION dirhams! Although not very fast!

You would be best looking at Jumeirah Beach Residence, The Marina or Jumeirah Lake Towers at the moment.

Good luck!

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 30, 2008
I saw some two bed two bath villas at the springs, meadows. NOt an option? none of the other places have two bed two bath? I know that many of them (emirate hills, meadows, greens, discovery gardens) are not full of construction....
alexalexa
Dubai Forum User

Sep 30, 2008
For what it's worth, the bathrooms should not be a problem. I have a one bedroom with two bathrooms, and my friend has a two bedroom with four bathrooms. ?!?

They seem to like building bathrooms over here.

As DK said the road to Abu Dhabi thing is not really an issue. Although if you work in Abu Dhabi (as I do) then getting as close to it as possible will really save you some time in traffic. Any further north than the marina will mean 10-20-30 mins more traffic time. If you're driving there every day I'd recommend the Marina/JBR.

You're not going to get ocean views without being near construction. Construction is just a given here. Even if you find a nice area that is finished you are still going to have to drive through a few construction sites to get there. Hell, the 20k stretch of Shaikh Zayed road from Jebal Ali on is pretty much one long construction site.

But... the Greens (I think it was the greens, on the right, Dubai bound just past the marina turnoff) looked pretty good last time I was there. Low rise apartment buildings with green areas for bbqs etc.

You've really got to have a look for yourself though. I assume you will be in a hotel for the first few months. Just grab a car and check out some of the places.

200K should net you something pretty decent.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Oct 01, 2008
Thanks for your answers.

I am fine seeing construction at the way to work etc :) I just don't want to have it in front of my window.

I am taking a closer look at the Emirates Living District (Meadows, Emirate Hills, Springs, The Lakes,....). What do you think about that area? Do you live there or know people who live there? How do they like it?

We are beasically searching there and in the Marina, what would you prefer if you could choose?
alexalexa
Dubai Forum User

Oct 01, 2008
Emirates Hills and the Lakes i would just say forget about it. Most houses out there you have to buy, and are well away from 200,000 a year give or take. I know many people who just moved to Dubai with the same budget and are having a very hard time finding something.

Don't worry though if you are looking in the Marina you MIGHT be able to find an apartment if there are any available.
desertt67
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 01, 2008
you wont even get a 3m in the Springs for less than 250k.

If you want a villa 200k is way way out.

1 beds are fetching 150k in the Marina area and in my complex a 3 bed is fetching 320k rental.

200k in the Marina area will now just about get you a 2 bed 2 bath apartment.

Dont forget even who developed the property affects the price. Marina Diamond 1,2,3,4 etc for example is cheap because they are cheap and very shoddy, even the banks will not mortgage them.
arniegang

Oct 02, 2008
do you think the situation is better in abu dhabi? could we afford more there?
alexalexa
Dubai Forum User

Oct 02, 2008
alexalexa wrote:do you think the situation is better in abu dhabi? could we afford more there?

What are you coming here to do?.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 02, 2008
Abu Dhabi is even more expensive.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat