THE NEXT DUBAI FORUM MEETING

Topic locked
THE NEXT DUBAI FORUM MEETING Apr 11, 2006
Since no one have taken this step, I decided to take it When and Where do you guys want to meet ?

Everyone is invited and you can bring whomever you want :D

Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 11, 2006
count me in !
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Apr 11, 2006
Do you have an idea of the possible turn-out of people? Who has experience in organizing such an event?
Torvalds
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2006
Nice...!.

hey Wafaey.. when did you come to dubai.?
Jupiter
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 11, 2006
Hey Torvalds I dont think it is like organising something like the Robbie williams concert only a couple of dozen people
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2006
Of course. But my question is still relevant to the matter at hand. We need to prep some figures in order to know which place to hold it.
Torvalds
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2006
Torvalds by the off chance do you work for an events company :?: :?: :?:
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2006
Waf

Not wishing to be a damp squid here, but you are not in dxb yet. The last meet involved a fair amount of work and the guys who organised it did a fantasic job which was appreciated by everyone who went.

It may be better at this point to see who is willing to organise the event, then discuss the where/when.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 11, 2006
No. Why do you ask?

If you're going to ask me to organise the next forum meeting...I'm not the one to look for. I'm just here to help get the subject to fly.

I'm interested to join.
Torvalds
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2006
arniegang wrote:Waf

Not wishing to be a damp squid here, but you are not in dxb yet. The last meet involved a fair amount of work and the guys who organised it did a fantasic job which was appreciated by everyone who went.

It may be better at this point to see who is willing to organise the event, then discuss the where/when.

I know I'm not there yet but I expect it to take a couple of weeks to find out who is coming and when and where we will do it.

So how was the last meeting organized ?! Any volunteers for the next one ?!!
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 11, 2006
First off, thanks for taking the strings, secondly I’ll be glad to help in anyway I can.

Just throwing a thought out there. but maybe we can do a go-carting thing. They have like a corp. package at the autodrome, if you get at least 10 people, you get the track to yourselves, I think it is like AED 250/person for 3 races. Everyone on this board thinks they’re the only good driver out there and since 90% of Dubai are bad, some of us have to fall into the latter. I thought this may be a fun way to release some stress.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Apr 11, 2006
also go cart track at Jebel ali beach
arniegang

Apr 11, 2006
great idea Fayz anyone with another Idea :?: Arnie how was the turnout in the last time and what were the weakness in your opnion
After I gather a couple of ideas and dates I'll setup a poll to choose which one we go for, always open for suggestions :)
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 11, 2006
fayz wrote:First off, thanks for taking the strings, secondly I’ll be glad to help in anyway I can.

Just throwing a thought out there. but maybe we can do a go-carting thing. They have like a corp. package at the autodrome, if you get at least 10 people, you get the track to yourselves, I think it is like AED 250/person for 3 races. Everyone on this board thinks they’re the only good driver out there and since 90% of Dubai are bad, some of us have to fall into the latter. I thought this may be a fun way to release some stress.

I am a wonderful driver...

I do 200kph on SZR, 120 on Jumeirah beach, and donuts on the main entrance to the Ruler's Palace and people cheer me on in awe... 8)

Oh shoot, here comes CID, gotta run!!!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 11, 2006
Liban wrote:
fayz wrote:First off, thanks for taking the strings, secondly I’ll be glad to help in anyway I can.

I am a wonderful driver...

I do 200kph on SZR, 120 on Jumeirah beach, and donuts on the main entrance to the Ruler's Palace and people cheer me on in awe... 8)

Oh shoot, here comes CID, gotta run!!!

Please ppl stick to the Topic :)
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 11, 2006
how about bowling...create teams...haters v/s playas...v/s post feminists...or your own flame warrior avatars team...like eagle scouts v/s etc etc...just a thought...havent bowled for so long...!!
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 11, 2006
constantine wrote:how about bowling...create teams...haters v/s playas...v/s post feminists...or your own flame warrior avatars team...like eagle scouts v/s etc etc...just a thought...havent bowled for so long...!!

BOWLING!!! BOWLING!! BOWLING!!!

Can someone install a videolink in the bowling alley and ill be virtual vanessa kicking your ass in bowling from the land of saints and sinners....?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please..... :mrgreen:
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 11, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:
constantine wrote:how about bowling...create teams...haters v/s playas...v/s post feminists...or your own flame warrior avatars team...like eagle scouts v/s etc etc...just a thought...havent bowled for so long...!!

Can someone install a videolink in the bowling alley and ill be virtual vanessa kicking your a#s in bowling from the land of saints and sinners....?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

And it could be bold ppl Vs hairy ppl right Irish :P

We will do a poll at the end and then ppl of the Dubai Forum would say their word :D :D
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 11, 2006
Well .. well

Hmm.. Fayz, Liban and constantine .. Folks... lets make it happen..

My camping Intiative is in a bad shape since i dont have time :S .. its a bl@@dy 1 day weekends since the new job.

Liban.. i will quote this and send it to your wife.. i think she is not aware about mid nights drive :D
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 11, 2006
Intimacy wrote:
Liban.. i will quote this and send it to your wife.. i think she is not aware about mid nights drive :D

mid nights drive??? :?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 11, 2006
Liban wrote:
Intimacy wrote:

LOOL.. does she know that u drive with this speed?
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 11, 2006
Wafaey wrote:
irish vanessa wrote:

Can someone install a videolink in the bowling alley and ill be virtual vanessa kicking your a#s in bowling from the land of saints and sinners....?????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

We will do a poll at the end and then ppl of the Dubai Forum would say their word :D :D

Bald versus hirsute? The baldies would be too scared to show up in case someone stuck their fingers up their noses and tried to roll their heads down the alley!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 11, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
Wafaey wrote:
irish vanessa wrote:

Bald versus hirsute? The baldies would be too scared to show up in case someone stuck their fingers up their noses and tried to roll their heads down the alley!!

Knight

DK....LMAO...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 11, 2006
ppl stick to the topic no more midnight madness drives and who Vs who none of this will happen if we didn't agree on something. So please stay the course
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 11, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
Wafaey wrote:
irish vanessa wrote:

Knight

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You should hear me laughing hysterically to myself........getting funny looks now :toothy5: :toothy5: :toothy5:
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 11, 2006
Intimacy wrote:
Liban wrote:
Intimacy wrote:

LOOL.. does she know that u drive with this speed?

Oh yeah... Big time!!! :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Abu Dhabi International Jazz Festival 2006 Apr 11, 2006
How abt meeting @ Jazz Fest ...April 27th

http://www.boxofficeme.com/event_257.htm
nacdxb
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2006
250 AED = 5000 Indian and Paki rupees ( yahoo currency converter).
Its lot of money brother. Lets all go for Bachelor party at the home of Liban :wink:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 11, 2006
Guys,
What about BBQ (liban original idea to be done at his block) But do it on the beach?

I've been to Jabal Ali beach and there are stands there that you can use for BBQ, and as the charcole will be burning anyway, a couple of shishas.
:D

Cheers

Lets do it before the heat kicks in.

[/list]
yshimy

Apr 12, 2006
yshimy wrote:Guys,
What about BBQ (liban original idea to be done at his block) But do it on the beach?

I've been to Jabal Ali beach and there are stands there that you can use for BBQ, and as the charcole will be burning anyway, a couple of shishas.
:D

Cheers

Lets do it before the heat kicks in.

[/list]

I like the idea
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat