The Meydan Beach Club JBR

Topic locked
The Meydan Beach Club JBR Oct 08, 2012
Yesterday I had the pleasure of having a nosey round the new beach club at JBR on the Walk and very nice it is too!
There is a huge car park so there isn't a problem if you want to park your 4x4.
On entering the building you walk over, what looks like, an aquarium built into the floor. I tried to do this on my tippy toes as I was frightened I went straight through it. I didn't as it must be made of toughened glass.
To the right are 3 spa treatment rooms, one from Italy, one from Thailand and I can't remember where the other one was from, but it definitely wasn't Manchester. Move next door to the huge gym with ceiling to floor mirrors overlooking the beach. Just looking at that gym caused a re occurrence of an old sports injury so I won't be visiting that in a hurry. There was also a kiddies club. I didn't take much notice of that. There was also a hairdressing salon.
To the right is a beautiful Italian restaurant, not advisable to wear your bikini in there, it was mega posh!!
Walk outside to two Infiniti pools with sun loungers and brollys and their private beach. Only private because it has a fence round it. There were no sun loungers on the beach but I was assured they were coming.
What did interest me were the two bars, which open at 10am.
I was pointed in the direction of the 'chill out area' which doubles as a disco at night with its DJ, open till midnight, I think she said.

You can just come to the club to have a drink and lunch or dinner but to use the facilities you must pay a daily rate. I enquired how much this was and was told it was dhs495, per person, per day, but you did receive a voucher for dhs250 for food and drink.
I politely enquired how much a yearly membership was but this is not available, I was told, nor were there any discounts for residents of JBR.

It was all very nice and I may treat Beth when we are next in JBR, that's if I win the Euro Millions first, of course.

BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: The Meydan Beach Club JBR Oct 08, 2012
Sounds really good. Is it not in the JBR service fee. Lol.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

We will have to try it when we are in Dubai, thanks for the heads up.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

drewpeacock wrote:Sounds really good. Is it not in the JBR service fee. Lol.

No Drew, it isn't, it's a damn disgrace! When I bought my flat I was provided with a drawing of the area and I have proof that I bought two trees a 4x4 and a large landscaped area. Dubai Properties have not delivered them!!!

Note to DF.....this is a joke that only some JBR owners will understand.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: The Meydan Beach Club JBR Oct 09, 2012
Lol.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat