The DDS Chronicles : Sharjah Police Clearance Certificate

Topic locked
The DDS chronicles : Sharjah Police Clearance Certificate Jan 27, 2011
Well one of the Docu A,B,C,D needed in my great battle of the Red Tape ridge happenes to be a Sharjah Police Clearance certificates or the proper name being. Sharjah Police Clearance certificate of good character and conduct.

That was also one of the things I needed my Emirates ID for. Anyway off to the "Muderiya" or head quarters in English. Up to the counter which for a change had no people waiting so right up there. He looks at my papers...You have your Emirates ID..Yes :D OK.

Types my details in the computer, takes out a little paper ticks a few boxes and hands it over says go to the immigration and get this done. I look at the paper its in Arabic but since I can read a little bit. It say details modification تعديل of certain details ????

So off to Sharjah NRD. Hmmmm six or seven buildings. FInd a guy working there as show it to him he points to the 1st building which I know is only for Emarati passports. Hmm maybe they want to give an Emarati passport after all these years :) ...Yeah right.

Anyways go inside. 4 ladies on 6 counters. Three were geniuely busy one was just chatting it up with a shabab. Waited for five minutes, seems like this was not going anywhere. So I butt in "Excuse me, can you help me with this" She looks at it all confused, go inside door to your left. " Ok thank you very much"

Go inside, its the "mudeer" of that section an aged gentle man, a bit busy. This time I wait for my turn. " Yes " "Sir, I need to get this done" and hand him the paper. "Whats its for ?" ." Do you have any kind of case lodged against your something, whats the deal ?" "Not, that I know of but I need it for the PCC" " Ah, must be the information in the system is not up to date, go see Captain K****** N****** " these gives me very vauge directions. As all the buildings look the same and each has like four or five seperate entrances around each building. I ask him again if he could be precise, he was a very nice gentle man but still his directions were very vauge.

Anyways trying to follow those set of vague directions I entered what might be what I was looking for. A lady sitting in a small office. I showed her the paper and asked for Capt K N. She says " Door at the back of this building. Trodded of to the back and entered a busy hall. Thankfull this time most of the counters were labled. Except two. since non other were relevant so I thought those must be it.

One very sharp dressed man in his green uniform handling some kind of issue with a Pakistani fellow and the other had a line of people while the young chap sitting behind it was playing with three of his phones while talking to someone on another. Taking out of the sim card from one and plonking it into another " Hey man its not working on this one either " takes it out puts another SIM into another phone " hey man, even my DU sim doesn't work on the other phone aswell" This went on for a good five minutes all the while the crowd swelled at this counter. The sharp gentle man was still busy with the Pakistani fellow.

The other young chap, looks up with a disgusted look at the crowd and does the twisting hand motion and shouts" Shooo" ( what ) ? And then one by one everyone is set off to a different direction. Thankfully by that time the sharp dessed man gets free so I go to him. From his shiny gold name plate I can see its not Capt K N. But I had over that piece of paper to him. He looks at it "whats this ?" and I go on to explain once again the whole reason I need this. " No I've got nothing to do with this " " But SIr the 'Mudeer' of that section sent me here and told me to talk to Capt K N " " No he does the same job I do, it also does not concern him, anyways go out of this building and the first entrance on your right, you should most probably find what your looking for "

Now I know that paticular hall, that is where you go to collect your visa's stamped on your passport. Anyways I head out there, thankfully once again all the counters here also have signs. Its a big hall with a lot of counters. I scan through and in one corner I see a small counter which reads modifications ! AHA I've hit paydirt. I go up to the lady and shows her the piece of paper. " you have your original passport with you " you betcha" Ok have a seat.

After three other people ahead of me its my turn. I go up and hand her my passport and the paper. She starts typing away and in around a minute hands it back. " Ok done " " thats it " "yes" " No reciept paper or anything " " NO " " Ok Thank you " This whole ordeal took around an hour.

Back to the HQ. " Done" sit down and the nice gentle man gentle man starts typing away while we make small talk. Then hands me back a form go get it typed. Right opposite is a man sitting with a type writer. I pass him my "file" he types away stuff while again making small talk, staple everything "15 dhs" I pay go back " Ok go down this hall and get your finger prints done " I go down a long corridor with no doors at the end there is a room with no one in it , with a wash basin some ink pads and a steel top table blackend with ink.

I go back " Er, there is no one there " "wait I'll send someone" After around 10 mins a young police man comes "basmat" ( fingerprints) "Yes" "ok, he pulls out a card and a roller , starts to "re ink" the steel top. Then goes on to finger print both my hands on the card. Thankfully the wash basin had water and soap.

I go back and hand over everything and pay the 50 dhs, say comeback tommorow by midday and it should be done. " OK thanks a lot Sir " But I know there is a good chance that it wont be done by tommorow so I thought to myself I'll give it two days just in case and on my way. BTW this was yesterday after my EID ordeal.

Today when I got up there are three missed calls two from mobile phones one from a Sharjah land line and all look "wastafied numbers" as in 050 ababcca and 06 abccccc. Hmmmm ??? Anyways before I could call back I get a call again from the wastafied landline number calls again. I pick up and instantly recognise the voice of that nice chap at the HQ who I was making small chat to at the HQ. He goes to identify himself, talking in a friendly and casual voice " Ya DDS you didn't put your EID copy with your app, I think the typist must have forgotten to do so" "Yallah come quickly so I can get it done" " But I'm in Jebel Ali now bro" " Oh Ho ! Thats means your file's then stuck until I get it, hmmmm...ok do one thing take down this number and fax it to me" " Ok thanks a lot dude " Since he was being informal so was I :D. So I faxed it to him.

I must say after such a hoop jumping operation I was very pleasantly surprised to get such a friendly call and that too from a police man for official bussiness. Kudos to Mr Abdul Kareem ( I read his name tag aswell when I was there ) and Mr Yousuf ( he was the other police man who does this and got a chance to make some small talk with him aswell while I was there, and also don't remember their ranks :oops: ) as later I found out he was the person with the wastafied mobile number , but If I could I'd give them a huge round of applause to them. These are the kind of people that break the "lazy Emarati stereotype" and more and more of such should be working in govt depts rather than the chap playing with his mobile phones at the SNRD. Usually what would have happened is I show up two days later and then get the bad news and a trip down to Sharjah gets wasted plus adding another additional trip !

Hopefully when I go to collect it on Sunday it will be ready.

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: The DDS Chronicles : Sharjah Police Clearance Certificat Jan 27, 2011
seriously DDS, make it short and interesting man, its just too much to read , anyone will get lost a hundred time in your articles before knowing your point.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: The DDS Chronicles : Sharjah Police Clearance Certificat Jan 27, 2011
I'm not the kind of person who likes its short and sweet ;)
desertdudeshj

Re: The DDS chronicles : Sharjah Police Clearance Certificat Jan 27, 2011
Yawn, I gave up after document C in line 1.

Sorry back on topic if I knew what it was :?
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: The DDS chronicles : Sharjah Police Clearance Certificat Jan 28, 2011
Great post DDS, I for one read it all and found it interesting.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: The DDS Chronicles : Sharjah Police Clearance Certificat Jan 28, 2011
Thanks Sage, one of the reason I went into such excruciating detail was that I've seen in many forums people looking for such info. Before I went ahead I tried to google it to see if I could get any info but all I came across were questions with no answers.

If you google Sharjah police clearance certificate this thread shows up as the seventh result and will probably will keep getting higher up as time goes by.
desertdudeshj

Ahh, sort of reminds me of getting my drivers license in Dubai (started from scratch!), and reminds of my husband getting our firstborn's birth certificates (Arabic and English) sorted. "Go here go there - stamp stamp signature pay money, go to another building, stamp stamp signature, pay more money, go to another building..." :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

I still smypathise with anyone who has to go through getting a drivers license from scratch ! A friends wife recently got hers, 6 months later and six grand in the hole she finally got it.

Getting any paperwork done here is real chore and there is lots of it, most people are shielded from the worst as company PRO's handle most of the messy stuff.
desertdudeshj

Krap ! , So i've heard, Getting a license is a real pain in the @$$ , I only expect the worst !!

ImageImageImage
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Let's put it this way, it only took me 3 months, but the quality of instruction and actual driving time did not make me feel like I was a well-trained driver. Even though I got my license I still practiced in the neighbourhood for a while or took turns with hubby when driving on back roads. After another 2 months I gained better skills and drove more regularly and by myself (err with baby of course).
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Yup my friend says if it didn't cost him this much money he would actually go and complain how his wife got the license LOOOOL !
desertdudeshj

zubber wrote:Krap ! , So i've heard, Getting a license is a real pain in the @$$ , I only expect the worst !!

ImageImageImage

Good times ahead mate :blackeye:
desertdudeshj

I had to get one of those from the Dubai police - my story was a bit shorter, the major issue was finding out where to actually go and get one done.

The company PRO (usually very competent) got all the forms filled and then informed me to go to the police station 'past the airport, it's on your right, can't miss it'. So, get in car go to find this police station - only to be confronted by road works where the turning should be, and nope could not see a police station... so came back to work. Next day took colleague who knew where it was, parked in the sand a half-day trek away.. struggled to the police station, waited in queue and on seats..

Finally made to the plod on duty - and was asked where I lived. 'Springs'. 'Where is Springs?' - 'over in West Dubai, after MOE' - 'Oh, then you have to go to Jebel Ali police station then - bye bye'.

Trek back to car, swearing, get in and then phone PRO who apologises and said that this wasn't what he was told.

Next day go to Jebel Ali police station - find someone on duty - no queues this time, just a load of what look like portacabins with bored looking police. Find someone who will talk to me, explain what a Good Conduct certificate is (me explain to him). Get some blank looks, consults with colleagues - and they tell me it is done in Central Police station in Dubai...!

Finally, a few days later, PRO rings me and tells me to come to the station about 10 min drive from the office and finally get into the right queue, see a guy who seems to know what he's doing. Get fingerprinted and I'm out.

I guess we've all got our red-tape stories!! Moral of the story? Ensure you are going to the right place to begin with!! :)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dubai PCC was a breeze as I knew exactly where to go, the HQ past Mullah Plaza. Gave a pic and PP copy asked me why ? I need it for work. OK . Got printed paid the 110 dhs and told to come back after a week.

Collecting it was the PITA bit. When you go there is a door with a huge sign behind which says NO UNAUTHORISED PERSONEL STRICTLY STAFF ONLY. I went and gave my reciept and the cop looked at and said wait. 20 mins later I asked again. He took out a yellow post it note wrote down a couple of numbers and said go to this office.

Where is this ? Go through this door and you'll find it. I was thinking the same door with such a big warning on it. He said yes. Gulp ! WTF anyways I go through and find myself standing outside :? What the ..... across a asphalted span there is another building which says Criminal Investigation Dept :shock:

Since this was the only building with a door in sight I made my way into it. There was a lady at the counter showed her the paper. She points at the door " Ahkir bab al yassar" Last door to your right. OK, now I am walking across a loooooong deserted corridor with rooms with signs out side like. Wanted Persons, Wanted Cars, Stolen Cars, Drugs investigation, Interpol. Now I am getting nervous..WTF ! I shoot off a text to my friend, dude am deep inside the cop shop if you don't hear from me soon, come looking for me !

Finally after passing lots more door with even more scarier signs I come to the end of the corridor with a open door and young chap sitting inside on a desk. I hand him my paper, he looks around. This is your name, errr.....yes. Takes a paper, stamps it and hands it over. Its the PCC ! Phew what an ordeal !

We needed to get the dubai PCC every couple of years to renew our desert driving license, so the other times I would just attach a copy of my previous one, then they don't finger print you. Then had a good friend who worked in the same dept and he would always get it for me from then on, I would collect it from him when ever we met at work. He also freelanced as a tour guide in the evening so it was no hassle, plus I gave him some good trips in return.

I think now I must have been fingerprinted something like 5 or 6 times now. I recently read an article in gulfnews that they are looking to get DNA records for everyone living in the UAE ! So it seems like some more red tape, fingerprinting, swabbing and probing comming ahead.
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat