Television Service To Suit British Expats...

Topic locked
Television service to suit British expats... Jan 21, 2013
Hi all, we're British and just moved to Dubai.

Today I signed up for my telephone and internet connection with DU, I was shocked at the price of the television service supplied by them and haven't taken it up yet.

I wanted to ask what other options are available for TV, if any?

Is there any decent service available via satellite dish?

Thanks, Dave.

DNCUK
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Television Service To Suit British Expats... Jan 22, 2013
It depends where you live I suppose, satellite dishes aren't allowed in JBR, for instance. I pay 250 dhs for a pretty basic TV package and AD sports (can't miss City matches even when on holiday), my package also includes Internet and telephone line rental and free local calls. Compare that to what I pay at home which is nearly £70 for Sky, £15 for AOL and an arm and a leg to BT and it's not so bad.
I know my friend pays around 500 dhs, that's a bit cheaper than I pay at home.

And I nearly forgot the bloody TV licence of £100+ a year and my one off set top box in the kitchen! You're quids in with DU!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Television Service To Suit British Expats... Jan 22, 2013
go to any satellite shop in diera , ask for the ozone satellite. you pay Dhs 500/- year memebership you get a lot of channels unlocked. (discovery channels, BBC, baby tv, kids tv , xxx shit etc. ) initail charges can be about Dhs 2000/- for supply and installation of the system. It gets codes automatically from the internet to unlock.

Perosnally i use internet for my TV , i connected computer to the TV, and use a wireless key /touchpad. i use a 24mbps cable connection. so no delays with streaming HD videos. i stopped using tv as even the pay tvs are invested with adverts
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Television service to suit British expats... Jan 30, 2013
if you get caught using illegal sat you will be fined...

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/gener ... -1.1027185
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Television Service To Suit British Expats... Jan 31, 2013
^^That's somehow very funny!
Injuns :roll:
FF2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Television Service To Suit British Expats... Jan 31, 2013
What's funny FF? if you are naughty in Dubai and get caught, you get punished. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

undefined Dec 01, 2015
i use uktv abroad -iptv service. It promises the world with huge array of channels, catch up etc - but the problem is its crap. The service freezes every 2 minutes and even live TV it totally unwatchable - let alone movies and catch up....for 400 Euros up front. Rip off.
Avoid
PaulM
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat