Swimming In Palm Jumeirah???

Topic locked
swimming in palm jumeirah??? Dec 31, 2008
Well basically I am currently finishing med school in the USA and am very interested in in having an unforgettable adventure in Dubai for couple of years.

Now I really liked the idea of Palm Jumeirah and I know you get a beach with the property but I was wondering if you can swim in the ocean. (In Palm Jumeirah)

Furthermore how is ocean swimming in Dubai generally, I am really not so interested in pools no matter how nice.

Thanks,

Ps. Also how easy/difficult is it to hook up with fellow expats for a couple in their early 30's? Are there quite a few barbecue parties or is it more get your work done and don't bother the neighbors?

Ps. If somebody has a vague idea what a neurosurgeon or a radiologist (didn't start residency yet so not 100% sure which) can expect to make , well that would be just awsome.

edin555
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 05, 2009
110 Views and no answer, come on :)

I would just like to know if you buy a villa in Palm Jumeriah if you can swim in front of your house or is it to dangerous due to waves, jelly fish whatever???

Also how is salt water swimming in Dubai in general, is it calm ocean like Kanapali in Hawaii or is it more like New York where no sane person would want to swimm outside of pool.
edin555
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 05, 2009
Yes you can swim in the sea

Yes it is quite salty
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 06, 2009
^ The truth!
dresden
Dubai chat master

Jan 06, 2009
Very Very Salty : )
tranquility
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 06, 2009
Also, If you can afford a villa on the Palm island... You can also afford to have someone personally jump in it for you to test the water.
dresden
Dubai chat master

Jan 06, 2009
All right then, so swimming seems to be fine in Dubai. I was concerned because Palm is man made so swimming might be forbidden due to depth, currents etc. However the idea of being able to just step on your private beach and take a swim in the morning seems great.

Ps. I am not looking to buy anything yet, I just have a friend who finished his residency and was given a villa on the palm by his employer.
edin555
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 06, 2009
^ It's just like described. A step into your own private beach.
dresden
Dubai chat master

Jan 06, 2009
edin555 wrote:All right then, so swimming seems to be fine in Dubai. I was concerned because Palm is man made so swimming might be forbidden due to depth, currents etc. However the idea of being able to just step on your private beach and take a swim in the morning seems great.

Ps. I am not looking to buy anything yet, I just have a friend who finished his residency and was given a villa on the palm by his employer.

Considering every villa on the Palm (Fronds) has it's own private beach, it would be strange that you couldn't swim.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat