Super Bowl

Topic locked
Super Bowl Feb 01, 2009
Is there any place in town showing it live tomorrow morning? Considering the kick off will be 3:00 am, chances are very slim. I have Orbit TV and they will be showing the recorded event only Tuesday night on FOX Sports. They don't have ESPN on Orbit any more. Any other Satellite service showing it live in Dubai?

K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 01, 2009
Super Bowl, what is that some soup cooking reality show from the US?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 01, 2009
Very funny Mr Onion. Please don't try to be a smart ass. I need some serious help. I'm panicking.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 01, 2009
K-Dog wrote:Very funny Mr Onion. Please don't try to be a smart a#s. I need some serious help. I'm panicking.

I'm not sure what you are actually looking for, Jasamal's sell some nice bowls :D
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 01, 2009
Well if your not sure then why reply at all? Its one thing I assumed you were stupid but you really had to confirm it by opening your mouth.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 01, 2009
K-Dog wrote:Well if your not sure then why reply at all? Its one thing I assumed you were stupid but you really had to confirm it by opening your mouth.

Mouth is closed, you still havn't explained to me which kind of bowl you are looking for?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 01, 2009
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 01, 2009
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, sorry m8, American Football it is, do you really watch that stuff?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 01, 2009
i havent found a place yet either....im pissed, the steelers are my fave :evil:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 01, 2009
I'm from the West Coast so I have to go for the Cardinals. American Business Council has a Super Bowl party tomorrow evening but again I don't think it'll be much fun watching the recorded event.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 01, 2009
no...not at all, ill keep searching if i find anything ill let you know
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 01, 2009
K-Dog wrote:Well if your not sure then why reply at all? Its one thing I assumed you were stupid but you really had to confirm it by opening your mouth.

OMG - is that a direct quote from MB?!

No idkea about the superbowl luv, you'd probably have to get upgraded to one of the sports packages.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 01, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:

OMG - is that a direct quote from MB?!

No idkea about the superbowl luv, you'd probably have to get upgraded to one of the sports packages.

I don't read MB's posts any more. Onion just pissed me off, I thought he was f**ing with me.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 01, 2009
He screws with everyone.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 01, 2009

I searched on Google Superbowl coz I had no idea what are you talking about... well I found this :lol:
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 01, 2009
double post**
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 01, 2009
quatroporte wrote:Image

I searched on Google Superbowl coz I too have no idea what you was talking about... well I found this :lol:

You mean Bushra is all over the internet :o :o :o
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 01, 2009
K-dog the only way is with a slingbox back in the states. i'm gettin up at 3 am to watch with a friend who's from the states as well. PM me and i might have a solution for you.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 01, 2009
I read it somewhere it will be shown in 223 countries. Its impossible UAE won't be one of those countries. I think the problem I have is that Orbit TV doesn't carry ESPN anymore. I just PM'd you. Maybe you can send me a link to the sling box. Getting up at 3 am won't be easy though :)
I'll buy you a beer.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 01, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:He screws with everyone.

Who does?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 01, 2009

So basically he is a d*ck, has nothing to do with me. Thanks. I feel better.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 01, 2009
K-Dog wrote:

So basically he is a d*ck, has nothing to do with me. Thanks. I feel better.

I hobe you are not referring to me Mr. Dog, I can't help it if you are not clear with your posts.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 01, 2009
Choco said it not me. Take it up with her bud.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 01, 2009
K-Dog wrote:Choco said it not me. Take it up with her bud.

I did but she hasn't replied, probably too busy with her friends BB & the Kid
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 01, 2009
I've been googling the Super Bowl in Dubai all day! How can we have a 7-star hotel, but no Super Bowl parties (except the recorded one at ABC)!?

Anyways, I just joined the forum so I can't PM you guys, but if you have a solution, let me know.
WanderingMendicant
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 01, 2009
nuzbim wrote:K-dog the only way is with a slingbox back in the states. i'm gettin up at 3 am to watch with a friend who's from the states as well. PM me and i might have a solution for you.

:o :o :o :o :o

TELL ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i can't miss the steelers :cry:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 01, 2009
bushra21 wrote:
nuzbim wrote:K-dog the only way is with a slingbox back in the states. i'm gettin up at 3 am to watch with a friend who's from the states as well. PM me and i might have a solution for you.

:o :o :o :o :o

TELL ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i can't miss the steelers :cry:

Are you really into that game Bushra, it's sort of a Wannabe Rugby isn't it?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 01, 2009
Hardly a wannabe rugby. For one thing, there's a lot more strategy involved. This ends up making it a bit slower-paced than rugby. I've played and watched both and while they're both enjoyable to play, football is a lot more spectator-friendly than rugby is.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 01, 2009
I can't really comment on rugby, since I don't have much experience watching or playing. As a Korean-American, I didn't actually grow up watching much American football. But once I got to college, it was a big deal, and I think the best part is its levels of accessibility. When you hardly know a thing, you're just looking for that deep pass, big run, or monster hit. But as you learn more and more about the game, you start assessing the defense, audibles, etc. and really appreciate what the coaches and QBs are doing. I think it's fair to say that coaching and captaining affect football more than any other sport.

But of course the Super Bowl is as much about commercials and the experience of getting together as it is about the actual game. Especially for me, since the Eagles lost :(
WanderingMendicant
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 02, 2009
gamercowboy wrote:Hardly a wannabe rugby. For one thing, there's a lot more strategy involved. This ends up making it a bit slower-paced than rugby. I've played and watched both and while they're both enjoyable to play, football is a lot more spectator-friendly than rugby is.

Interesting, are you watching the game?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat