Is Six Month Labor Ban Lifted?

Topic locked
Is six Month Labor Ban Lifted? May 03, 2009
Anyone know if its true? there are rumours about it.Please share if anyone has the accurate information.

freeneasy1
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 03, 2009
I have not heard of any such Lifting of the ban.
I asked around to my fellow co-workers.
dresden
Dubai chat master

May 03, 2009
A friend of mine was telling me last night.I tried to confirm from other sources but...its still a rumour... :cry:

Hope will have a good news soon... :)
freeneasy1
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 04, 2009
Its one of the proposals, but I doubt this will ever get passed.
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Is six Month Labor Ban Lifted? May 05, 2009
freeneasy1 wrote:Anyone know if its true? there are rumours about it.Please share if anyone has the accurate information.

I don't think so
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Is six Month Labor Ban Lifted? May 05, 2009
freeneasy1 wrote:Anyone know if its true? there are rumours about it.Please share if anyone has the accurate information.

It's under review. Allegedly.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 09, 2009
They should have had enough time to make a decision by now.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 10, 2009
sage & onion wrote:They should have had enough time to make a decision by now.

They need six months to form a committee, then six months to form a proposal, then six months to review the proposal, then six months to propose a form, then six months to form a proposal review committee, then six months to review the proposal form from the committee, then ...
bonk

May 10, 2009
See I was right!.. it's Still their!.... Good I know about Dubai law a-bit!!..........
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

May 11, 2009
bonk wrote:
sage & onion wrote:They should have had enough time to make a decision by now.

They need six months to form a committee, then six months to form a proposal, then six months to review the proposal, then six months to propose a form, then six months to form a proposal review committee, then six months to review the proposal form from the committee, then ...

Oh yes, I forgot the procedure!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 11, 2009
there is no ban at all...its all just money...you or your new employer will shoulder the fine to remove your ban that's it your ban is gone...logically speaking there is no ban at all you just have to pay certain amount...how illogical it is that you are allowed to stay in uae but not allowed to work for 6 months
syndicated_mind
Dubai Forum User

May 11, 2009
syndicated_mind wrote:there is no ban at all...its all just money...you or your new employer will shoulder the fine to remove your ban that's it your ban is gone...logically speaking there is no ban at all you just have to pay certain amount...how illogical it is that you are allowed to stay in uae but not allowed to work for 6 months

There is BAN.I confirmed from MoL.You can remove the ban by paying 5000/- in case if you have the sh*t NOC from your employer.Without that sh*t,either you pay 5000/- or 10,000/-,the ban can't be removed at all.
freeneasy1
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 11, 2009
syndicated_mind wrote:there is no ban at all...its all just money...you or your new employer will shoulder the fine to remove your ban that's it your ban is gone...logically speaking there is no ban at all you just have to pay certain amount...how illogical it is that you are allowed to stay in uae but not allowed to work for 6 months

well do you expect a goverment department to do anything for free ? not in our life time,not anywhere in this world as far as I know.

and I thought the 6 months period is to give you a chance to find another job !! I'm not sure.
uaekid

May 11, 2009
but the fees are expensive, I'll give you that.
uaekid

May 11, 2009
uaekid wrote:

well do you expect a goverment department to do anything for free ? not in our life time,not anywhere in this world as far as I know.

and I thought the 6 months period is to give you a chance to find another job !! I'm not sure.

How to find a new Job.. Uae Kid!.. as i know you have to leave from Dubai for 6th month's n after that period you can get in n then can find new job for you're self!.. somone told me it's the Visa n Imegration requerment's in Dubai!.... Update me if i'm wrong!...
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

May 11, 2009
freeneasy1 wrote:There is BAN.I confirmed from MoL.You can remove the ban by paying 5000/- in case if you have the sh*t NOC from your employer.Without that sh*t,either you pay 5000/- or 10,000/-,the ban can't be removed at all.

This is an official ban-lifting fee or unofficial?
bonk

May 11, 2009
sage & onion wrote:Oh yes, I forgot the procedure!

Ah, you got caught in the last round of six-month memory bans too? I don't remember when they were suspended ;) ...
bonk

May 12, 2009
bonk wrote:
freeneasy1 wrote:There is BAN.I confirmed from MoL.You can remove the ban by paying 5000/- in case if you have the sh*t NOC from your employer.Without that sh*t,either you pay 5000/- or 10,000/-,the ban can't be removed at all.

This is an official ban-lifting fee or unofficial?

Don't know its official or unofficial, but surely it exists.
freeneasy1
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat