Shooting In Dubai

Topic locked
Shooting in Dubai Nov 28, 2010
Is there anywhere you can go and have some shooting practice in Dubai? I heard that you can buy air rifles here - if so where? I would love to go to the desert and spend hours shooting tin cans....yep thats me.

JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Shooting In Dubai Nov 28, 2010
You can't legally own a gun in the UAE - I had to sell my shotgun before I moved out there :(

There's a good shooting club at Jebel Ali - they held the world championships out there a few years back (2005, I think). Pretty much all the discplines are catered for - including a pistol range.

There's also shooting in Sharjah at the 'Golf and Shooting Club' - but I never went there so can't vouch for it.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Shooting in Dubai Nov 28, 2010
Shooting in Dubai? strictly follow my advice: "Forged aboud it".
I was allowed to bring my guns, 2 years later I was arrested and accused to be a assassin. The police wanted me to sign a confession, I was interrogated for hours and hours. They took my passport away, and 9 months later I was found innocent in court but I had to pay a AED10,000 fine. plus attorney fees, and I lost my guns, a financial disaster!
I went to the Jebel Ali shooting range, there is barely any activity there, some times skeet shooting.
Now if you really want to laugh about shooting, watch this video, it is hilarious!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD-KaUl_ ... re=related
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

That is a great link - I was on the floor with laughter. In fairness I think that gun had some serious recoil so maybe I fit unfair to the arabs - there was a few european dudes that also got completey thrown back - the 1st guy is the funniest - the impact of the gun coming out flying backwards broke the glass!!! hahaha

Anyway I think I will leave the guns alone or as you put it "forged aboud it"
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

I think it is a 700 nitro express, 200 lbs recoil, definitively not a gun for ladies, even my 50 cal rifle had less recoil
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

You can shoot at Jebel Ali or at Sharjah Shooting Club (next to the Ajman flyover). Skeet, trap or even 9mm pistol.

Unfortunately, Umm Al Quwain shooting club closed down as there you could let loose with a whole range of auto and semi-auto machinery at 5 dhs a pop! I went berserk with an HK MP5 there once and blew 100 dhs just because I held my finger on the trigger a second too long! Mind you, I always hit what I am aiming for!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Shooting In Dubai Nov 29, 2010
Um al Quwayn was the best, didn't know it closed down. The collection they had was truly jaw dropping. Got to fullfill a minor a fantasy. By letting go on a Magnum 4something 5 I think. Clip loaded.

The 9mm was buck a bullet and no charges for the gun. Was a fun day out.

They had paintball too.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Um al Quwayn was the best, didn't know it closed down. The collection they had was truly jaw dropping. Got to fullfill a minor a fantasy. By letting go on a Magnum 4something 5 I think. Clip loaded.

The 9mm was buck a bullet and no charges for the gun. Was a fun day out.

They had paintball too.

The Magnum was a .44

They had .50 Desert Eagles up there as well! They made a nice hole...

Unfortunately closed down as someone broke in there one night and nicked all the weaponry! Turns out the owner (remaining nameless) had 'borrowed' all the tools from the military without permission...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Why would you want to bring a gun to Dubai?
What is there to shoot?
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

I can think of a few things !
desertdudeshj

Apart from the obvious.
I mean legally.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Shooting in Dubai Nov 29, 2010
Clay pigeons.

Sheikh Hasher bin Saeed Al Maktoum won an olympic gold medal for shooting and there is a lot of following for the sport.

There are signs on the Al Ain road reminding people that it is illegal to hunt any of the wild animals here as there are antelope and oryx in the desert although the numbers are few. Rifles used to be prized possessions amongst the tribesmen and symbols of status.

Their weapons of destruction have now morphed into cars.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Shooting In Dubai Nov 30, 2010
joe you can get air guns from deira and theres a hunting shop right across deira city center.

if you want LIVE game shooting i would suggest you pop over to india or pakistan where you can get away with murder :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

undefined Jan 31, 2016
Hi

I am very much interested to learn in Gun Shooting . But I can not to join in any club because of my financial level. I am working in Dubai at small salary.

Kindly request to you for attempt to learn for gun shooting without charge. I am very much interested on this field.

Kindly consider my request.

Regards,

SINTO
Mob 0552774220 (Dubai)
Sintovar
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat