Sheikh Zayed Road

Topic locked
Sheikh Zayed Road Aug 06, 2008
Hi all,

Sheikh Zayed Road belongs to which area? And does it near the city centre?

Thanks!

Ling
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 06, 2008
Not a smart question!!

One end of SZR is close to City Centre. The other end goes out miles outside Dubai!!! SZR is a very long road in Dubai

If you give more details of the exact location / reference point, may be I could give a better answer!
sa4877
Dubai Forums Talker

Grosvenor House Commercial Tower Aug 07, 2008
Grosvenor House Commercial Tower on Sheikh Zayed Road. Do you know it? I can't find it on Google earth.

I'd like to know if this area is good for transportation, shopping or living.

Thanks a lot!
Ling
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 08, 2008
It's in Dubai Media City. You get onto SZR, head towards Abu Dhabi, and a little after the Greens/Springs exit, comes the Dubai Media City Exit. Once you get into DMC, head towards the Sheikh's Palace - there's a bunch of towers there; the one with blue lights and GH on it is Grosvenor House.

Is DMC good for shopping, transportation etc? Well, it's basically a commercial area. Not many residential buildings... so I don't think it offers much as a residential area, though Dubai Marina's nearby.
With regards to transportation... the only mode of public transportation in New Dubai (where DMC, Marina etc all is) that's worth talking about are the taxis. Buses aren't too strong this side.
allinthefamily
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat