Madness On Sheikh Zayed Road

Topic locked
Madness on Sheikh Zayed Road May 19, 2010
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Madness On Sheikh Zayed Road May 19, 2010
They're driving like they own the road! (Perhaps they do?)

Crazeee stuff. I'm actually quite impressed with the driving on 2 wheels guy though - impressive skills. Doing it on a SZR - even with the entourage, not so impressive.

;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:They're driving like they own the road! (Perhaps they do?)

Crazeee stuff. I'm actually quite impressed with the driving on 2 wheels guy though - impressive skills. Doing it on a SZR - even with the entourage, not so impressive.

;)

Cheers,
Shafique

A lot of this kind of thing used to go on in Qatar, it seems that they can only do it in Nissan Patrols as well.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I can't believe that DD was caught on film. :lol:

-- Wed May 19, 2010 6:36 pm --

I'm wondering if this was around the time that the Emirati team won a football match several weeks ago. I could not believe what went on along Jumeriah Beach Road. We were in a restaurant and cars were backed up for miles because of the way the young Emiratis were "celebrating": first cars were speeding, then those following were going real slow and holding up traffic, hanging out the car windows yelling and waving flags. One guy had a "car" that looked like it was a build-it-yourself and the engine blew from him revving it and they had to push it to the far right lane to get it off the road.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Madness on Sheikh Zayed Road May 20, 2010
You should see what goes on in Saudi!

Check out www.saudisandals.com

The videos on YouTube of the kids 'drifting' their Nissan Sunnys down the highway in between trucks and other road users are scary.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Madness On Sheikh Zayed Road May 20, 2010
One youtube comment says people criticising the reckless drivers are just envious they cant do the same.......

I also read that one of the 4wds has 5k + worth of unpaid fines.
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

[quote="BlackburnRovers"]One youtube comment says people criticising the reckless drivers are just envious t

That's the mentality of these mugs.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

these guys are football fans. and as we all knows fans of any sports are CRAZY!! I dont think this is good behaviour however some of us should look at our countries first before commenting ;)

heres what fans in uk do ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjQTRCDZ ... re=related

by the way no1 died from such incident did they?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

BlackburnRovers wrote:One youtube comment says people criticising the reckless drivers are just envious they cant do the same.......

I also read that one of the 4wds has 5k + worth of unpaid fines.

The Dubai Reg White Landcruiser with the guy sitting out of the window has over 9000 of unpaid fines, I checked it myself.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

rudeboy wrote:these guys are football fans. and as we all knows fans of any sports are CRAZY!! I dont think this is good behaviour however some of us should look at our countries first before commenting ;)

heres what fans in uk do ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjQTRCDZ ... re=related

So what your saying is that this kind of behavior on the main road into/outoff Dubai is OK?

Sorry but I can never agree to this, these people have to be caught and penalized.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
rudeboy wrote:these guys are football fans. and as we all knows fans of any sports are CRAZY!! I dont think this is good behaviour however some of us should look at our countries first before commenting ;)

So what your saying is that this kind of behavior on the main road into/outoff Dubai is OK?

Sorry but I can never agree to this, these people have to be caught and penalized.

He was probably the one filming it, but he would never admit to that!! :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

i never said it is ok to do this on SKZ road.

This is what I quoted "I dont think this is good behaviour ". if some where there it says its ok to do this on SKZ road than I ought to take you out :D

yes I agree with you that these people should be brought to justice, but justice for what? There is no law in any country for driving on two wheels :D hell there is no law in any country which says you shouldnt do doughnuts on SKZ road :D

yes theres a law for reckless driving but is this reckless driving? Do you see guys swining in and out of lanes? do you see sports cars driving at 200kmph? was anyone from the general public put at risk? Did anyone die or get injured?

lets leave the cops to do their bit and we do our bit ;)

oh yeh

GETTTTTTT ON WITH IT PPL
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Rude-boy why do you feel it necessary to make such an ass of yourself. give your head a shake!
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

In the real world, driving like that on highways and streets would get you jail. I guess when the car on two wheels hit the barrier there was no danger. Why would another country put a law in place about doing donuts on SZR? All the vehicles were in the "party" and most likely holding up all the traffic behind them. Time for you to take the next exit RB. :arrow:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:In the real world, driving like that on highways and streets would get you jail. I guess when the car on two wheels hit the barrier there was no danger. Why would another country put a law in place about doing donuts on SZR? All the vehicles were in the "party" and most likely holding up all the traffic behind them. Time for you to take the next exit RB. :arrow:

"In the real world, driving like that on highways and streets would get you jail" show me a law from UK or USA which says you shouldnot drive on 2 wheels?

"I guess when the car on two wheels hit the barrier there was no danger." there was danger, try to understand what I am saying ;). if the driver hit the barrier, he will be in danger, he will damage his car, and he will have to pay for it. NOT YOU!! so if it happens in front of you, just stick your tongue (noting else) and wave at the driver :D

"All the vehicles were in the "party" and most likely holding up all the traffic behind them." hmmm DF is an evidence that most people in dubai have got loads of time. So if you were held up in traffic for a while, while some "kids" did their stunts, would it hurt ya?

it seems like it did hurt your feelings when they drove their car on two wheels ;)

I guess I should get my kid to drive his bike on 4 wheels, because aunty bora will not be happy :D

Look I am not defending their behaviour, all I am saying is no1 was hurt!! so why the big fuss???
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Like saying the bomb in times sq didn't go off so what's the problem.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

lets stick to the topic ;) but if you want to start about the bomb in NY I am sure you will find Shaf has already dicussed about that in the poltics section.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

It takes common sense to know that you DO NOT drive a car on two wheels on a highway or street!!!! Stop justifying it. Pure and simple idiots who clearly lack common sense do it on a highway.

If they want to do stunts let them go out in the desert, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQCm-5wn ... re=related
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:It takes common sense to know that you DO NOT drive a car on two wheels on a highway or street!!!! Stop justifying it. Pure and simple idiots who clearly lack common sense do it on a highway.

If they want to do stunts let them go out in the desert, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQCm-5wn ... re=related

Agreed
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

they cant go in the desert and do this because the desert is for the camels and if they kill a camel its 100,000dhs fee!!!

and the bloody RSPCA in jumeriah will chase them then :D

a road = a car

a desert = a camel hoping along on its 2 legs :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Doing "Shaals" or driving on two wheels first orginated in UAE then spread to Qatar and Saudi. There used to
"demos" on Al warqa R/A in dubai on every thursday night and the cops didnt mind but then its stated to get out of hand and then it was shut down.

Saudis now are more crazy only because there cops don't give a crap and never around and the roads are a free for all

And yes Patrols with baloon tyres are the prefered choice but not exclusively the patrols domain.

I believe I was caught in between this convoy later that day on emirates road heading towards Abu Dhabi while comming back from a desert drive, or maybe it was another one.

Just as I got of hatta, oman rd towards Jebel Ali on emirates road. I got stuck in between these fellows and what surprised me most was in front all four lanes were blocked by POLICE CARS ! flashing blue. Driving at 80kph and not letting anyone overtake. I guess that what they thought was the best way to control the "Crowd " ?

I stopped at the emarat gas station to refuel and a bunch of these hooligans also pulled over and just made a general nuisance of them self at the station. Honking, shouting, backfiring the engines etc etc.

These people really need to find a better outlet to expression their emotions other than trying to kill them selves and everyone around.

Lets see if the police does anything. The video is out and a lot of number plates are clearly visible.

@ 9k fines I've seen people pay over 35k cash in fines without even rasing a brow. So 9k is really peanuts. What a waste of money. They don't mind paying thousands in fines but will go in a fit if their maid asks for a 100 dhs increase in salary !

Again I repeat, solution to problem : LAW ENFORCEMENT. Sadly that doesnt happen, more radars get put into place and fines increase but no law enforcement. And I can bet atleast 30% featured in the video are themselves cops.
desertdudeshj

rudeboy wrote:they cant go in the desert and do this because the desert is for the camels and if they kill a camel its 100,000dhs fee!!!

and the bloody RSPCA in jumeriah will chase them then :D

a road = a car

a desert = a camel hoping along on its 2 legs :D

OK, got it!!! Do it on a highway. Makes sense now. :roll: :roll:

Oh, and by the way, camels have 4 legs. But then again, since you refer to camels hopping on two legs, are you saying that some bedouins are called "camels"? :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Dubai police have a 'no high speed pursuit' policy. This is not because their drivers are not qualified, its because most of the people they would have to chase either have far, far faster machinery than they do...or just 2 or 3 numbers on the plate.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

No true. Well not in the case of Abu Dhabi Police I myself have witnessed AD coppers pull over a Range Rover AD number XXX and Dubai G 55 number M XY.

The Range was chased at high speed and pulled over.

Dubai Cop dont do chases because of public safety but in some cases have been seen doing so.
desertdudeshj

Re: Madness on Sheikh Zayed Road May 21, 2010
Just because no one was hurt 'this time' does not make it ok. These people are animals, with no common sense or respect for other road users.
Akasha
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Madness on Sheikh Zayed Road May 22, 2010
You wanna ride on 2 wheels?

Get a bike!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Madness On Sheikh Zayed Road May 23, 2010
desertdudeshj wrote:No true. Well not in the case of Abu Dhabi Police I myself have witnessed AD coppers pull over a Range Rover AD number XXX and Dubai G 55 number M XY.

The Range was chased at high speed and pulled over.

Dubai Cop dont do chases because of public safety but in some cases have been seen doing so.

They pull over Qataris too who try to drive at 200 kph at 9 pm on Shaikh Zayed road, so they can reach Doha by next morning .

What I dont understand is youw ill sometimes see them arguing vigoruosly with the police, what exactly do they object against when they are sometimes doing 200+ ?
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Madness on Sheikh Zayed Road May 23, 2010
The Police were charging them with driving at 200kph and they were insisting that they were doing 220kph!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Madness on Sheikh Zayed Road May 24, 2010
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Madness On Sheikh Zayed Road May 24, 2010
Rude boy is just a wind up merchant and not to be taken seriously.

As for the police arresting the drivers: I would be amazed if they serve ANY time whatsoever and these people will be back on the road in no time.
IMO, The police are simply trying to look tough in the light of the worldwide disgust and ridicule.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat