Seasonal End To Sharjah Traffic Woes

Topic locked
Seasonal End to Sharjah Traffic Woes Nov 09, 2009
Cheerful News.. :)

Sharjah Municipality has set up dams near the keys areas in Sharjah to avoid water clogging which eventually leads to traffic jams in the rainy season. The municipality announced that it has started taking precautionary measures against rain-related incidents ...check out details

http://iwep.blogspot.com/2009/11/season ... -woes.html

immortal01
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Seasonal End to Sharjah Traffic Woes Nov 09, 2009
immortal01 wrote:Cheerful News.. :)

Sharjah Municipality has set up dams near the keys areas in Sharjah to avoid water clogging which eventually leads to traffic jams in the rainy season. The municipality announced that it has started taking precautionary measures against rain-related incidents ...check out details

http://iwep.blogspot.com/2009/11/season ... -woes.html

That's really good news for those who live in Sharjah, I can remember some real bad incidents in times gone by due to rain.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 10, 2009
Dam for roads ! why not get a proper drainage system. I still remember when emirates road turned into a river. I landed up going through the diversion behind Gargash ( now open ) with water up and over my hood !

But I actually enjoy all the rains and flooding. Kinda going offroading with out actually having to go offroad :D.

The worst part is a few days after the rain when all the water turns into mud pits and for months you cannot drive a clean car afterwards. It looks as you just came back from a mudfest !

The Sharjah carwash owners love it though

Anyone one know how bad it gets in Disco Gardens ? As recently there has been some problems with the pipes and I see this place has great potential to become a lake. Yipeee !!! :D

I'm already driving around the miniature lakes that formed here recently
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 10, 2009
lol guess we all should invest in small boats for the rainy season :D let me go and get my paddle :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Rain in UAE Nov 11, 2009
Hi didnt think ir rained much in the Emirates, am i wrong
Ferank
ferank
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 13, 2009
That is indeed good news. Sharjah, it seems, gets hits the worst when rain comes pouring down. I hope this measurement solves some of the drainage issues.
oldmanyoung
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat