Saudi Is Scarey!

Topic locked
Saudi is Scarey! Apr 04, 2013
I have been watching the news tonight. Saudi women have been granted the right to ride bicycles. Not for transportation but for pleasure only and as long as there is a man is attendance. That seems like a little step in the right direction!
The next report was about a Saudi man who has been sentenced to be paralysed by the Courts. The report told of this man paralysing his friend when he was 14 years old. As the offender could not pay 1 million Saudi riyals to the victim, the Courts imposed Sharia law by ordering the offender to be medically paralysed. Apparently it's the eye for an eye thing in the Koran.

We have that eye for an eye thing in the Bible too but I am pleased that we seem to be slightly more civilised.

To be honest, I was sickened. I do not condone what this man did when he was 14 but seriously? To medically paralyse someone is a bit extreme, is it not?

How about showing some compassion?

How easy would it be to persuade a doctor to carry out that procedure? Doesn't that go against all they are trained for?

I thank God I wasn't born Saudi as tonight I would be ashamed.

BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Saudi Is Scarey! Apr 04, 2013
BMreformed , There are many stories like this emanating from KSA. Even if they offered me a job for a million bucks I wouldn't go there! It is so backward. Nothing much is going to change around there with a government of their own. Compare Dubai with KSA, one is a modern day metropolis whilst the other as what... a bunch villas surrounded by a sea of sand? They might as well tell investors-"Don't invest in us." Just recently, they tried to monitor Skype video chats... Fo real????!!?!? What they have coming at them is Noah's flood!
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Saudi Is Scarey! Apr 05, 2013
BMreformed wrote:How easy would it be to persuade a doctor to carry out that procedure? Doesn't that go against all they are trained for?
You seem to hold doctors in high esteem!
Well, some of them are nice, aren't they? :D

However, you could have others that agree with the Saudi values, and would gladly oblige to see that "justice" is done, and Allah is pleased.
Jonkers
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Saudi Is Scarey! Apr 07, 2013
Are you suggesting that it is acceptable to medically paralyse someone as a punishment?

That's barbaric.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Saudi Is Scarey! Apr 07, 2013
As the offender could not pay 1 million Saudi riyals to the victim, the Courts imposed Sharia law by ordering the offender to be medically paralysed.

I'd gladly give 1 million (that I had) to prevent paralysis.

The unfortunate reality is that this law favors the wealthy.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Saudi is Scarey! Apr 08, 2013
BMreformed wrote:Saudi women have been granted the right to ride bicycles. Not for transportation but for pleasure only

My dirty mind tried to picture the possibilities. What goes on under the abaya on the bike?

Something different, but also fun biking for ladies:

FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Saudi Is Scarey! Apr 11, 2013
They have their own rules, I see there are good and bad sides. Having very strict rules in a country can keep the socielty safe and clean but the important question, is everyone gets the fare judgements all the time or not???
voxlon
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Saudi Is Scarey! Apr 15, 2013
LET'S TALK ABOUT THE ROYAL FAMILY ARE THEY REALY GOODOR BAD PEOPLE?
WARMWIND
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat