Removing the Politics Forum from DF

Good decision
53%
Bad decision
47%

Total votes : 17

I removed the Politics Forum from DF Dec 10, 2012
I removed the Politics Forum from DF.
It was not my intent to turn DF into a politics warzone.
If you want to discuss politics you can use http://www.eu-forums.com for this.

All the politics topics posted in other forums will be deleted.

Regards.
Andy

Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Re: I removed the Politics Forum from DF Dec 10, 2012
It shouldn't be removed so we can have peoples view on this topic also . Its also an important part of a society . It reflects their mind as a group
harrySFRIEND
Dubai Forums Member

Re: I Removed The Politics Forum From DF Dec 10, 2012
It doesn't look very exciting over at eu forums.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed wrote:It doesn't look very exciting over at eu forums.

Not really. The last activity in the politics section was over a year ago. :-/

Does anybody else know a good and active forum where to discuss politics, religion and philosophy?
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

TALKING ABOUT LIFE STILE IS POLITIC!!!!!!! YAK
maryyy
Dubai Forum Guest

some only loq in for politics talks and discussions.. not a wisest decision..
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Andyba, by all appearances it seems you are part or fully responsible for running both EU Forums and Dubai Forums, so if you want to get rid of the political battles and trolls on this forum and invite them over to your other forum instead, go for it. Best of luck :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

FlyingDutchman wrote:Not really. The last activity in the politics section was over a year ago. :-/
Theoretically I can move active politic topics from DF to EU forums.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

FlyingDutchman wrote:Not really. The last activity in the politics section was over a year ago. :-/

Does anybody else know a good and active forum where to discuss politics, religion and philosophy?

I'm currently member of a religious extremist forum but discussions aren't very interesting.

Let me know when you find one.

Anyway, I guess genocidal statements against religious groups are accepted as long as the religion starts with 'J'.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

rayznack wrote:Let me know when you find one.

The other English forum I am a member of is forum.stripperweb.com. It has some decent threads about economy and politics, but what I gather it is not really your crowd. But I might be wrong. Bamby and Mercedes are notorious for their foul language, but through the years I have never seen any posts saying somebody or a whole group of somebodies should die or commit suicide. Forum members are more civilized in there and not to forget they can take a joke :-).
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

kanelli wrote:Andyba, by all appearances it seems you are part or fully responsible for running both EU Forums and Dubai Forums, so if you want to get rid of the political battles and trolls on this forum and invite them over to your other forum instead, go for it. Best of luck :)

How come you only show up for a fight?

No ones missed you. Your name hasn't been mentioned once.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Oh and I forgot, nobody called anyone in there a kunt or a wh0re like DDS does in here for example.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: I Removed The Politics Forum From DF Dec 11, 2012
FlyingDutchman wrote:Oh and I forgot, nobody called anyone in there a kunt or a wh0re like DDS does in here for example.

Do they send abusive pm's?
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

i learned long ago that in business or in any meeting, always escape talking about politics and religion. they can ruin the atmosphere. and even cause a fight.

I believe its a good idea to get rid of politics from the forum.

since this forum is dedicated to dubai. i suggest to set up forums for comunity areas , like dubai land , JLT , silicone oasis. etc

maybe even a car section

technology section etc

just throwing ideas out there .....

Bossman
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

BMreformed wrote:
FlyingDutchman wrote:Oh and I forgot, nobody called anyone in there a kunt or a wh0re like DDS does in here for example.

Do they send abusive pm's?

No, also no (physical) threats.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: I Removed The Politics Forum From DF Dec 12, 2012
BMreformed ,

Not intrested in politics at all, also these days dont have time .

To focus in Dubai in my opinion has no benifits, very small population and too diversified. Most have no internet connection as they live in labor camps.

A forum focused in North American territories would be more sucessful. as everyone has internet and knows english combined with huge population.

Adsense and advertisements would pay well there.
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: I Removed The Politics Forum From DF Dec 18, 2012
So should I spend time moving all the hot political topics to www.eu-forums.com ?
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Re: I Removed The Politics Forum From DF Dec 18, 2012
Andyba wrote:So should I spend time moving all the hot political topics to http://www.eu-forums.com ?

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I donot think anybody cares either way.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: I Removed The Politics Forum From DF Dec 19, 2012
FlyingDutchman ,

I think you got that just about right.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: I Removed The Politics Forum From DF Dec 19, 2012
I must be missing something. Why would you spend time moving topics to another forum? If the political topics aren't good on DF, why are they ok on eu forums?
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: I Removed The Politics Forum From DF Dec 22, 2012
Good Decision , as most of the political subjects being discussed are irrelevent to Dubai and the UAE.
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: I removed the Politics Forum from DF Dec 25, 2012
The above participant is right, politics is an important part of society, and let’s face it societies do learn to better themselves socially and intellectually through a rational and factual dialogue which called politics.
You could simply remove the idiot ones from the Discussion and leave it open for those who might like to discuss politics, after all, politics reflects the way the world works around us.
To spot idiots is an easy business,
idiots in general tend to
- get offended easily
- react aggressively when being faced with facts, or felt their inflated egos being threaten
- be selfish when it comes to compromising on their lifestyles or their likes and dislikes
-use racism and no-factual facts to appease their illusions of reality and keep their inflated egos floating.
To deal with idiots,
You need to,
-Remove them from the discussion when rightly so and keep removing them, as unfortunately you can’t say to yourself that you wouldn’t have an idiot wanting to comment on something. Your website was more fun when you guys had the political discussion on.

By the way, try the same above technique in the real life, it does work – your life will be an exciting and a happier one

What’s the weather likes in Dubai, planning to spend my holiday there but I’m scared of 2 things:
1: Dubai’s summer as I had first hand experience 15 years ago
2: The fact that my Arabic is deteriorating and worry that an Arabic speaker might take an offense of it.

Really want to see how much has Dubai achieved in the last 15 years compare to other big cities

Cheers
Humbleman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: I Removed The Politics Forum From DF Dec 26, 2012
Right!

Well if you know Urdu/Hindi and English, you should be ok 90% of the time in Dubai.....
Maa Salama :wink:
FF2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Humbleman , best way to see the city is to come for 1 week in mid feburary , and leave before your hair catches fire. Have you seen the UAE classified dubizzle.com ? their icon is a person with its hair on fire!!!!!

dont worry about offending anyone in uae, they are too miserable to be offended.

"intellectually through a rational and factual dialogue "? .......... you have been far too long outside this region
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

Thanks for that bossman

So do Dubai residents like to mingle with each or they prefer to stick to their groups, race?
Humbleman
Dubai forums Addict

Humbleman ,depends

but majority they like to stick to their own groups.

if you are a white woman with blonde hair , you will get lots of people trying to mingle with you

in my 7 eyars living and working here , i do NOT know my nieghbours. when i tried to introduce myself and family to my lebanese nieghbours, they kinda gave us am unwelcomed vibe. its not the first time thou. same with my palestinian nieghbours. and all this in the expensive arabian ranches area. if you are in cheaper diera area they may cal the police on you.

Over here , you gotta keep your head down , take your money and run. thats all.
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: I Removed The Politics Forum From DF Jan 05, 2013
bossman wrote:Humbleman ,depends

but majority they like to stick to their own groups.

if you are a white woman with blonde hair , you will get lots of people trying to mingle with you

in my 7 eyars living and working here , i do NOT know my nieghbours. when i tried to introduce myself and family to my lebanese nieghbours, they kinda gave us am unwelcomed vibe. its not the first time thou. same with my palestinian nieghbours. and all this in the expensive arabian ranches area. if you are in cheaper diera area they may cal the police on you.

Over here , you gotta keep your head down , take your money and run. thats all.

What a total load of bull.shit. You should try looking at yourself. Maybe you don't have any friends because you are an abnoxious little person with a giant chip on your shoulder?
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: I Removed The Politics Forum From DF Jan 06, 2013
BMreformed , with assholes like you , i DONT want any friends. my point demonstrated exactly by you.

but your not too bad, i met bigger assholes than you here.
your just sexually frustrated
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: I Removed The Politics Forum From DF Jan 06, 2013
bossman wrote:BMreformed , with assholes like you , i DONT want any friends. my point demonstrated exactly by you.

but your not too bad, i met bigger assholes than you here.
your just sexually frustrated

As I said, its no wonder you don't have any friends.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: I Removed The Politics Forum From DF Jan 07, 2013
BMreformed , im not like you that makes friends with everyone. i am very selective. i rather have 2-3 good friends than a 1000 assholes friends
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat