Real Estate Fools/agents

Topic locked
Real Estate fools/agents Sep 15, 2010
So Mrs. DD and I are closing up shop here at sometime in the near future. We are moving out of Mirdif as the lease is up at the end of October. On our Dubai "bucket list" one of the things I had was to live near/on the beach. The moving company is coming on the 27th to pack our goods and ship them to Australia for storage, but we have not found a new place to rent yet!

I called some agents and check Dubizzle 20 times a day and keep getting the same thing...ads with prices that are not correct..or a 1 bedder turns out to be a studio, or a 2 bed turns out to be a 1 bed + laundry room. What is wrong with these people? Why advertise at 2000/week and waste my time when you "just put that to get a response and the actual price is 3000/wk? Who are they fooling? Is this a smart method of advertising in some countries? Another fave is "how much do you want to pay"? My response= I WANT to pay nothing, actually, is that ok?

There are other douchenozzles that have had their properties listed for months (so obviously sitting empty) and will not lower the price to market rate! I don't get it. The last place I looked at was advertised at 900 sq. ft. When I get there, I see has clearly included the footage of the balcony, area in the hallway outside the front door and the parking space, as this sucker was a 500 sq ft show box. He then proceeded to tell me that he was "taking offers" and had 250 enquiries and people coming every hour to see it. One month later, it is still available.

Case-in-point, Emaar has a hotel apt. in the Greens called Nuran. Their rate for 760 sq ft, one bed? AED 17,000 p/m!!! I told the guy it was no wonder it was 5% occupied as there were others in the Greens for 6k/month.

Long story short. If someone has a fully furnished 1-2 bed pad for rent for the next 4 months at a realistic price in the Marina, let me know. All bills and internet included. We are bringing suitcases and toothbrushes as we have banished our possessions down under.

dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Re: Real Estate Fools/agents Sep 16, 2010
I'm sure Mirdiff is going to miss you m8, make sure we get together for a final flame-out and bar-raid.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:I'm sure Mirdiff is going to miss you m8, make sure we get together for a final flame-out and bar-raid.

Thanks man. We're not leaving just yet, just getting out of Mirdif. We'll be in town till January/February I am guessing.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Re: Real Estate fools/agents Sep 16, 2010
Meh all a bunch of idiots. Try putting what you're looking for as a status on your FB - so many people do that.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Meh all a bunch of idiots. Try putting what you're looking for as a status on your FB - so many people do that.

I might try that, Chocs. Alternatively, you could offer your sofa. :shock:

I have something in the works actually, but is not available till Oct. 15. A 3 week special would be perfect for us till I can lock in the Oct. 15 place. There are a million hotel/apts. in Barsha so might have a spin around there today.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

dubaidog wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Meh all a bunch of idiots. Try putting what you're looking for as a status on your FB - so many people do that.

I might try that, Chocs. Alternatively, you could offer your sofa. :shock:

I have something in the works actually, but is not available till Oct. 15. A 3 week special would be perfect for us till I can lock in the Oct. 15 place. There are a million hotel/apts. in Barsha so might have a spin around there today.

For 3 weeks you could just stay at a "regular" hotel. Would that work?
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

You and the misses are welcome to my sofa - BUT you can put your 3 moggies elsewhere lol
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

@Ambassador...that might get a bit pricey, but defo an option.

@Chocs..two are on their way down under at the end of the month, the third is going to a better place. (by that, I mean a retirement home)
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

I sent you a message! BUT my mate's villa buddy has just moved out so he's kicking around a 3 bed just down the road from you if you need something for a few weeks.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I said look at the hotel apt option first, there are many in Barsha as you said as well as Dubai marina, I saw some kind of deal being advertised at grand midwest on SZR. There are also some on Tecom and JLT. So have a look at that first.

I'll see if I can get some kind a deal through some of my old contacts in the tourism industry as they get better rates than the average Joe.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Get a beach villa at the One and Only that way you also take care of your "bucket list" :wink:
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Personaly I dont find anything so great about living close/next to the beach. I've been here over 33 years and Ironically not lived more than 2 to 5 mins away from the beach ever ! Even now you can hit the marina in around 5 to 10 mins max from where I live.

Try the Gardens. Nakheel has a few fully furnised building here, as well there are a few hotel apts in Discovery gardens sitting virtually empty for the last one year, Hopefully they will appreciate the bussiness.

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/hotels/deta ... apartments

http://www.timeoutdubai.com/hotels/deta ... apartments
desertdudeshj

Re: Real Estate fools/agents Sep 19, 2010
Discovery Gardens? The name is apt.

There are people who moved there over 2 years ago, went to work the next day and have still to 'discover' their own apartment again!

The place is a maze...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Real Estate Fools/agents Sep 19, 2010
No man, all the streets and buildings are well numbered. Never have had anyone any problems in finding my place. Much better than Ok you see the blue building on the right, ok now go down 500 mtrs take a U turn, first right, then trun left at the laundry. Drive down for a minute on the dirt track and loop around the old corrolla parked there and you will see two palm trees, 4th door from the right palm is mine, the red one. No No No the first U turn after the Blue building not the cyan one...Doh !
desertdudeshj

Re: Real Estate Fools/agents Sep 20, 2010
Had a look around and I think the management of these places are smoking something. So much competition in Barsha and Tecom, yet all the rates are nuts! Today a client of mine offered their Palm villa for the short term till we take on a place in the marina. Free storage and a free palm villa=I'll take it! Party at mine.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

I'm glad you guys found a place DD! I didn't know you were going to Australia next!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:I'm glad you guys found a place DD! I didn't know you were going to Australia next!

Seems that way. Mrs. DD did not care for her Calgary winters or Vancouver fall/winter/spring so time to give her turf a try.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

dubaidog wrote:Had a look around and I think the management of these places are smoking something. So much competition in Barsha and Tecom, yet all the rates are nuts! Today a client of mine offered their Palm villa for the short term till we take on a place in the marina. Free storage and a free palm villa=I'll take it! Party at mine.

Hope it is on the right side fronds much nicer on that side :wink:
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat