... Post Salik

Topic locked
... Post Salik Jul 09, 2007
so now that Salik is implemented Dubai has included in the strategic plan of 2015 some new toll cards coming up ..

KHASHI3 - For speedy entry to the mosque
KHADI3 - For entering your house
BALI3 - For priority seating in restaurants
DAFI3 - For priority entry to banks
SAYI3 - For entry to nightclubs and Bars

All cards shall be affixed to your forehead and automatic charging will happen when you enter the respective establishment.

Have a nice day and a year full of exciting tolls !

PS i roughtly translated this from an arabic email i got .. hilarious stuff !

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 09, 2007
stop salik , i am tired of this shit salik :lol:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 09, 2007
I think they r already gonna do it..:) read somewhere that they r gonna jail the jaywalkers.. or charge some heavy fine.. n jail.. everyone who gets a the firs warning will b afixed with a chipless rfid tattoo and scanners across the street would click pictures of them when they cross the road at a red light.. :)
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 09, 2007
Why not? There is already a "FastTrack" at the airport for VIPs.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 09, 2007
gtmash wrote:Why not? There is already a "FastTrack" at the airport for VIPs.

Fast track is for people who have paid and got themselves an e-card, great value for money, straight through and no lines.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 10, 2007
sage & onion wrote:

Fast track is for people who have paid and got themselves an e-card, great value for money, straight through and no lines.

Yes of course. Like Salik.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 10, 2007
gtmash wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Yes of course. Like Salik.

I actually think it works better than Salik, mind you that needs a chance I suppose
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 10, 2007
sage & onion wrote:Fast track is for people who have paid and got themselves an e-card, great value for money, straight through and no lines.

"FastTrack" is for First/Buisness class passengers.

e-gate is to improve the flow of people through passport control. Unfortunately it can't be free because the costs of the card etc need to be re-couped.

Both of these could possibly be accused of only being elitist, but the direct link between Salik and money makes it quite obvious that those with money will use Salik and those without can't.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 10, 2007
benwj wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Fast track is for people who have paid and got themselves an e-card, great value for money, straight through and no lines.

"FastTrack" is for First/Buisness class passengers.

e-gate is to improve the flow of people through passport control. Unfortunately it can't be free because the costs of the card etc need to be re-couped.

Both of these could possibly be accused of only being elitist, but the direct link between Salik and money makes it quite obvious that those with money will use Salik and those without can't.

Yes Ben your right regarding the "Fast track", although if you have an e-gate card it is actually faster.
People without money generally cannot afford to have a car, so no problem right?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat