Please Give Me Suggestions-where To Go

Topic locked
Please give me suggestions-where to go Jun 18, 2006
I got five days with me. I am single and want to spend the time someplace where travel from dubai will not take more then 4 hours. I want a place to unwind and i aint a beach person. just want suggestions from ppl on the forum. Oh yeah and the budget is not more then $1200.i dont like staying in starry hotels. I would really welcome your suggestions as its got to be in the first week on July.
thanks to all those who may suggest.

makhan
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 18, 2006
Sicilly

Beautiful and Home of the DFM

8) 8)
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 18, 2006
what DFM
makhan
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 18, 2006
4 hrs? flight or drive? With $1,200 the best place to stay may be home.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 18, 2006
Go to Africa.... Somalia could work on that budget.... :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 18, 2006
When I need a short break at short notice I normally head to Singapore for the weekend and including 2 nights in a 5 star hotel falls into your budget. The flight time would be a problem for you though - 6.5 - 7 hrs.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 18, 2006
Lebanon.
4 hours flight
Not a expensive place in terms of going out and eat
I think the package will cost you about 2500 - 3000 Dhs (Hotel and flight)
5 days is long enough to see most of it

Jordan.
never been to Jordan, but heard lots of good comments from people who have been to Jordan
I think the package will be slightly more expensive
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 18, 2006
Lebanon is not expensive to go out and eating????

Waaa hahahaha... waaa hahahahaha....

You don't know Lebanon then....

$1200 for one week is doable if you want a hotel in the slums or refugee camps and if eating falafels or ca'ak from street vendors is your idea of a dinner outing...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 18, 2006
if its going to be lebanon then its going to be only for the chicks.i dont even want to thnk about adulterating my vacation with anything else, not even relaxation. LOL
Singaporre seems cool. But its like "been there ,done that".
i thought of Jordan and syria but dont u people think that it will be hot there at this time?
i just need a break guys. Cant you all think of something for me. please.
makhan
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 18, 2006
colombo was also on the list but after what i read in GN and KT today, No way!
makhan
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 18, 2006
i thought of Jordan and syria but dont u people think that it will be hot there at this time?

No weather in the levant is nice in the summer, and could even get cold at night.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 18, 2006
Syria is basically Lebanon only slightly cooler weather, much cheaper prices, and not developped. If you want to relax, then Syria is quite boring so you will be relaxing alot.

Jordan is nice. Avoid Maan.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 18, 2006
turkey or thiland both are cheap and nice
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 18, 2006
go to Egypt.....
indi
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 18, 2006
Liban wrote:Lebanon is not expensive to go out and eating????

$1200 for one week is doable if you want a hotel in the slums or refugee camps and if eating falafels or ca'ak from street vendors is your idea of a dinner outing...

Last time we went we paid for a package (hotel and ticket) for about less than 3000 dhs for 4 days each..... going out and eating were not that expensive, not compare to Dubai at least ( I guess I wasn't the one paying). 1200 dollar is about enough for one person for only 5 days????
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 18, 2006
Head for Salalah in Oman. The weather in July is at least 10 degrees cooler than Dubai, beautiful and green, very relaxing and only about 2 hours flight away.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jun 18, 2006
Or drive out to Hatta Fort Hotel ... closer .... and probably not as expensive ....
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 18, 2006
the best tip is morrocco 8)
MuslimA
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 19, 2006
Morocco is not bad....

But if you want something different than the UAE, forget Morocco... Its the same thing.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 19, 2006
Liban wrote:Morocco is not bad....

But if you want something different than the UAE, forget Morocco... Its the same thing.

:shock:

i dont think so Liban, there is way much more culture in Morocco
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Please give me suggestions-where to go Jun 20, 2006
makhan wrote:I got five days with me. I am single and want to spend the time someplace where travel from dubai will not take more then 4 hours. I want a place to unwind and i aint a beach person. just want suggestions from ppl on the forum. Oh yeah and the budget is not more then $1200.i dont like staying in starry hotels. I would really welcome your suggestions as its got to be in the first week on July.

Butter ,

Your Budget is not more than the budget of Bangladesh. So u better wait for flood , might be u will get some Aid :) .
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

HP wrote:
makhan wrote:I got five days with me. I am single and want to spend the time someplace where travel from dubai will not take more then 4 hours. I want a place to unwind and i aint a beach person. just want suggestions from ppl on the forum. Oh yeah and the budget is not more then $1200.i dont like staying in starry hotels. I would really welcome your suggestions as its got to be in the first week on July.

Butter ,

Your Budget is not more than the budget of Bangladesh. So u better wait for flood , might be u will get some Aid.

LOL
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 20, 2006
FeiPo wrote:
Liban wrote:Lebanon is not expensive to go out and eating????

Last time we went we paid for a package (hotel and ticket) for about less than 3000 dhs for 4 days each..... going out and eating were not that expensive, not compare to Dubai at least ( I guess I wasn't the one paying). 1200 dollar is about enough for one person for only 5 days????

HOLLY KAMMOLY!!!!!!!!!! It's Feipo *sniper420 gives Feipo a tight hug until his clothes smells female perfume* How been doing? Where have u been? Where is that old fart - yorky? I hope his car is in perfect condition eh?

Well as usual Liban exaggerated.....some places in Lebanon when they see a tourist they raise their price...especially if the guy is a GCC national. My freind has been there and it's cheap to get hooked up and lay in hotel. c*doms comes as a compliment :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Turkey hands down......but would be kinda expensive in european side
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 20, 2006
MaaaD wrote: :shock:

i dont think so Liban, there is way much more culture in Morocco

Still an Arabic country. If I want to go on vacation I would try a different culture. But then again, I am Arabic so its normal for me to want to experience something else.

Also, I know Morocco dude :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 20, 2006
i guess the suggestions are more in favor of lebanon (getting laid is enticing). I have never been there too. Colombo was a nice place. nice, late back, good people, good food, cheap and not far. but this bludy fighting is scary.I was there once on a biz trip. always wanted to go back there once again.
makhan
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2006
unless you are driving a lamborgini with saudi plates, you wont get laid in lebanon.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 20, 2006
MaaaD wrote:unless you are driving a lamborgini with saudi plates, you wont get laid in lebanon.

Unless it is by a bloke!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jun 21, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
MaaaD wrote:unless you are driving a lamborgini with saudi plates, you wont get laid in lebanon.

Unless it is by a bloke!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 21, 2006

I differ.

He may not lay a Lebanese girl without that, but deffo the Eastern European and French / Swedish girls hanging out in Jounieh :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat