Peeps Mannerism That You Can't Stand

Topic locked
Peeps Mannerism that you can't stand Nov 02, 2006
Let's be conscious. The following mannerisms I can't stand. What's yours and why?

1. Noisy Eater : It's losing my appetite or i won't eat again with the person

2. Men scratching theirs in public : I don't know, i just can't stand it, some are scratching even in front of ladies. :(

3. Cleaning their earwax in public: It makes me vomit. :(

asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 02, 2006
i guess most ppl share the same dislikes as u do.... another thing i cant stand is when ppl takl loudly on their mobs in the cinema... but i guess u cant actually call that a mannerism....
Nosferatu
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 02, 2006
Is it really about culture? I mean for them it's normal and they don't mind at all. :oops: :(
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 02, 2006
number 1 and 3....especially number 1....i want to go and bash the persons head in...i cant stand the noise
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 02, 2006
All i can say is everyone has a few negatives in them, no ones perfect if i start putting down mannerisms it would be a long list, i would put down the three i find different .

1. Women from a certain community covering their nose and mouth with a kerchif or hand as soon as certain people pass them. They need to realise not everyone is the same and they are not gonna drop dead with an unknown disease right there and then.

2. People throwing garbage on the road. Its pathetic when people throw wrappers, tissues, cigg packs as soon as they are through with whatever they are doing. There are garbage cans everywhere at a short walking distance , use them.

3. People who do not follow traffic rules, driving on the hard shoulder, double parking on a road which is already blocked by traffic, cutting lanes without indicators, coming in the wrong lane and cutting ahead, the list can go on and on. I would love to roll down my window and givnd give them a piece of my mind but restrain myself from doing it.

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Peeps Mannerism that you can't stand Nov 02, 2006
asc_26 wrote:Let's be conscious. The following mannerisms I can't stand. What's yours and why?

1. Noisy Eater : It's losing my appetite or i won't eat again with the person

2. Men scratching theirs in public : I don't know, i just can't stand it, some are scratching even in front of ladies. :(

Noisy Eater - It's so disgusting! I always give them a 'shame on you' look. If I know that person, I 'll directly tell her/him "C'mon, dont eat like pig, hon!"

Men who scratch their balls?! - Oh man... words fail me...
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 02, 2006
Just want to pin point no. 1 of Jeevs, what do you suggest on this:

If someone who smells like a person who doesnt have bathing facility for 10 yrs pass by or sit beside you, will you just savor the moment and smell it all ? Of course you dont want to puke or get nausea and faint in the middle of the road. Prevention is still the best medicine. Peace! :wink:

And asc, the ball scratching really is awful. And after scratching it they will shake hands with you. Ewwww :?
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 02, 2006
number two doesnt bother me...

guess all that time i spent with my brother and his friends made me immune to that....
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 02, 2006
bushra21 wrote:number two doesnt bother me...

guess all that time i spent with my brother and his friends made me immune to that....

Oh really? Dont you say anything to your brother that it really looks nasty.
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 02, 2006
zam wrote:Just want to pin point no. 1 of Jeevs, what do you suggest on this:

If someone who smells like a person who doesnt have bathing facility for 10 yrs pass by or sit beside you, will you just savor the moment and smell it all ? Of course you dont want to puke or get nausea and faint in the middle of the road. Prevention is still the best medicine. Peace! :wink:

And asc, the ball scratching really is awful. And after scratching it they will shake hands with you. Ewwww :?

Ur mistaken Zam it happens with everyone , even we face the same problem, but with this women even if a person looks remotely similar to that certain community the hands go up in a reflex action , doesnt matter if the person has taken a bath with the best perfumes :) it just what i observed :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 02, 2006
weary_heart wrote:

well my brother doesnt do it, at least not in public...he has class....but his friends used to...i guess they grew out of it....either way i dont really care...bothered me the first few times but i got used to it...

the chewing though....ughhhhh, i yelled at them for so long until they stopped...now all of them now how to eat like normal, decent, human beings and not like , for lack of a better term, wild animals
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 02, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
weary_heart wrote:

well my brother doesnt do it, at least not in public...he has class....but his friends used to...i guess they grew out of it....either way i dont really care...bothered me the first few times but i got used to it...

the chewing though....ughhhhh, i yelled at them for so long until they stopped...now all of them now how to eat like normal, decent, human beings and not like , for lack of a better term, wild animals

Balls Scratching - I still find it disgusting no matter what.
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 02, 2006
Spitting
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 02, 2006
1 and 3 fiiiiiii...
bonitta
Dubai chat master

Nov 02, 2006
Sniffing snot back into their brain.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 02, 2006
Very early this morning, someone come in my work station and he's asking for some files. i couldn't look straight to him because he's scratching his balls. And he interprets it as me being rude to him, but i didn't say any words at all, i just couldn't look at him straight. But i think it's nothing to him or he's accustom to it already. Guys, why the scratching? :roll: :roll: :roll: Are there any ants inside your pants? :lol:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 02, 2006
Dunno i never had that problem of scratching :)
guess taking a bath everyday along with a fresh set of undergarments would solve the issue
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 02, 2006
ok jeevs :wink:

Another mannerism, dunno if you observed this already, is when a person sitting is wiggling/stamping slowly one of his/her leg. Accd to my Phsycology teacher back in college, subconsciously that person is @!$#@$#(%ing.
zam

Nov 02, 2006
zam wrote:ok jeevs :wink:

Another mannerism, dunno if you observed this already, is when a person sitting is wiggling/stamping slowly one of his/her leg. Accd to my Phsycology teacher back in college, subconsciously that person is @!$#@$#(%ing.

Your psychology teacher had a complex.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 02, 2006
if a person is moving or wiggling his leg, take a look at his face, if his eyes are shifty he sure is nervous orelse it just a plain habit, i cant sleep if dont wiggle my feet :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 02, 2006
^ian^ wrote:

Another mannerism, dunno if you observed this already, is when a person sitting is wiggling/stamping slowly one of his/her leg. Accd to my Psycology teacher back in college, subconsciously that person is @!$#@$#(%ing.

Your psychology teacher had a complex.

Thats why she is a psyco.o.o.o. :P
zam

Nov 02, 2006

ummmm your psychology professor actually said that.... :roll:

i do that quite a bit...but its because of my anxiety...it just happens, my leg or my hand .... and then it will stop
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 02, 2006
Just waiting for everyone to list down the mannerisms that they hate... Guess it would b as good as being a zombie after eleminating all those that different people dont like..

Like Jeev said, there are hundreds of mannersims that i dont like..... but then we dont live in a perfect world and its an ever changing ever evolving place.. especially dubai, a potpourri of ppl from diff cultures..

1. Not using the words, Please,Thank you, Welcome.
2. Looking at some ppl in a derogatory manner.
3. Being rude under normal circumstances
4. Snorting in public
5. Swearing in public (for some its like a style statement, I'm not talkin abt forum, in real life with no consideration of ppl around)
6. Showing dis respect to elders and making fun of aged
7. Talking excessively loud at public places
8. Coming out in public after taking a dip in ultra strong perfumes, athar.
9. Taking food with the same hand that is being used for eating.
10. Burping and breaking wind loud with no sorry or Excuse
11. Keeping their entire heavy arms on a shared arm rest
12. Crackin sarcastic jokes on others
13. Using 'had I been in your shoes' at every given chance.
14. Objecting others mannerisms :D

List is endless but then its not my world, people do things their way. I dont like them so i dont take some.. Not denying the fact that some are really bad... like the first three listed by asc... I remember one of my colleages, a senior Tech Analys scratching herself in the most disgusting way even at presentations.. Eeeew... and one of our guests who would fart loudly and laugh n ask for excuse.

:D
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 02, 2006
wow, somebody did their homework ;)

most of it are my pet peeves too

i worst one is scratching your genitals and shaking somebody's hand after words

that suck a$$
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 02, 2006
Bleakus wrote:wow, somebody did their homework ;)

that suck a$$

LOL bleak u make it sound like hands in pants and then a shake :lol: :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 02, 2006
Jeevan wrote:

that suck a$$

no no no dude, its scratching outside the pants and then shaking

once i hugged the guy so i dont shake his hand, just like that dude in "Blue Streak"
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 02, 2006
Jeevan wrote:

that suck a$$

:lol: :lol: how abt licking the fingers and serving you food with love or scratch a@s and smell :D ahahahahahaha
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 02, 2006
Jeevan wrote:

that suck a$$

You're so malicious minded Jeeves! hahahah
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 02, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:
Jeevan wrote:

that suck a$$

:lol: :lol: how abt licking the fingers and serving you food with love or scratch a@s and smell :D ahahahahahaha

Ehwew!!..hahaha.. You know "kabuz" (Arabic bread) it's nice to eat fresh from the oven. One time, me and my frieds went out to buy this arabic bread..we saw the baker's hand inside his pants and the same bare hand he used to get the bread from the oven and put it inside the brown colour bread bag..we didn't eat the bread. :lol: hmm...does it sounds delicious guys? :lol:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 02, 2006
how about the shawarma guy when he wipes his sweat of his forehead as he does your shawarma? now that sucks the most ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat