7. Travel
18%
8. None of the above
3%
9. All of the above
No votes

Total votes : 33

New Years Resolution... Jan 04, 2011
What's yours? - may choose more than one!

Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: New Years Resolution... Jan 04, 2011
Where's improve my spelling?
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Bethsmum wrote:Where's improve my spelling?

right below "get a life'...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

I m doing all of the above now!! so for me it will be to continue all of the above and get out of Iran!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Ambassador wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:Where's improve my spelling?

right below "get a life'...

LOL. Lose is spelt lose.

-- Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:51 pm --

melika969 wrote:I m doing all of the above now!! so for me it will be to continue all of the above and get out of Iran!

Aw Mel, that's such a shame that you think that way about your country. I hope things improve soon for you and your people.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
melika969 wrote:I m doing all of the above now!! so for me it will be to continue all of the above and get out of Iran!

Aw Mel, that's such a shame that you think that way about your country. I hope things improve soon for you and your people.

Thanks BM, I love my country, I just don't like the government! :wink:

What my friends do is to apply for phd programs in US or Canada, get the scholarship and student visa and get out of the country like that. You know we were like 80 students in the undergraduate in my class. Now less than 10 of us are still in Iran! All gone!

My problem is education is enough for me! I cannot even think of phd! But finding a job abroad and getting a work visa is more difficult than student visa. So maybe this year it will happen! :wink:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

um, dont want to be a buzkill, but 3 of my friends who all graduated from some english university, all with a masters in pharmacology (and related sciences), were unable to find a job in , England & Ireland. The graduated in this year and the year before.
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

melika969 wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:

Thanks BM, I love my country, I just don't like the government! :wink:

What my friends do is to apply for phd programs in US or Canada, get the scholarship and student visa and get out of the country like that. You know we were like 80 students in the undergraduate in my class. Now less than 10 of us are still in Iran! All gone!

My problem is education is enough for me! I cannot even think of phd! But finding a job abroad and getting a work visa is more difficult than student visa. So maybe this year it will happen! :wink:

That's a shame Mel. I rented my flat to an Iranian couple for a few months last year, they were really nice and I spoke to them at length about your government. They too, loved their country but would have difficulty living in Iran. If I could help you at all coming to the UK, I would, there isn't much work around at the moment, everybody is in fear of losing their jobs at the moment. Good luck Mel.

-- Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:33 pm --

zubber wrote:um, dont want to be a buzkill, but 3 of my friends who all graduated from some english university, all with a masters in pharmacology (and related sciences), were unable to find a job in , England & Ireland. The graduated in this year and the year before.

Sometimes Zubber, too much education can be a bad thing. What people need is experience.
Bethsmum

BM Well I dont know much about other sectors, but recently your govt has dumped a lot of cash in the clinical research side, and those friends of mine have fallen into a catch 22 situation, in the CR field the demand is outstripping the supply, i would imagine the companies would be willing to hire the people with right credentials ?
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Bethsmum wrote:That's a shame Mel. I rented my flat to an Iranian couple for a few months last year, they were really nice and I spoke to them at length about your government. They too, loved their country but would have difficulty living in Iran. If I could help you at all coming to the UK, I would, there isn't much work around at the moment, everybody is in fear of losing their jobs at the moment. Good luck Mel.

That s very sweet BM, well things are not that bad. I will have some interviews in near future and I feel very positive about the results. :wink:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

So the forum is full of people who want to lose weight then? LOL
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

And not as many people who actually want to excercise or eat right to loose it. Kinda like wishing upon a star.
desertdudeshj

And nobody wants to inot Dubai???????

Is it an offence to inot?
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: New Years Resolution... Jan 05, 2011
drewpeacock wrote:And nobody wants to inot Dubai???????

Is it an offence to inot?

No Drew, you are getting mixed up with muffin the mule.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:If I could help you at all coming to the UK, I would, there isn't much work around at the moment, everybody is in fear of losing their jobs at the moment. Good luck Mel.

:lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

desertdudeshj wrote:And not as many people who actually want to excercise or eat right to loose it. Kinda like wishing upon a star.

Well yes it goes hand in hand really. Eat right and get good amounts of exercise and that's how you lose and maintain weight loss - now if only I practiced what I preached - but I hate the gym, with a passion, but I do go because I have to. Sadly the water is getting a bit cold for spending hours wakeboarding and kite surfing, which are my usual fat burners.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

kanelli wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:If I could help you at all coming to the UK, I would, there isn't much work around at the moment, everybody is in fear of losing their jobs at the moment. Good luck Mel.

:lol:

what's so funny?! :shock:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: New Years Resolution... Jan 06, 2011
Ambassador - You need to add "Making Peace" with a staunch enemy to your list too
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: New Years Resolution... Jan 07, 2011
zubber wrote:Ambassador - You need to add "Making Peace" with a staunch enemy to your list too

Zubber, I don't agree with you there. There should be no staunch enemies on an internet forum.
Bethsmum

Re: New Years Resolution... Jan 07, 2011
zubber wrote:Ambassador - You need to add "Making Peace" with a staunch enemy to your list too

Well you should. No reason to have enemies. I have none.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat