New Style For DF

Topic locked
Re: New Style For DF Dec 14, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:I have to do a lot of updating on the DEFRA website and it doesn't like Firefox.
What do you mean? I am browsing the DEFRA website without any problems in Firefox. The current version of firefox is 8 so it is very different from earlier versions.

Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Re: New Style For DF Dec 14, 2011
Andyba , When I had Firefox on a new lap top I could not even get onto their website. That was last year. I had to abandon the laptop with Firefox then and have never gone back to logging in with it and stuck to my PC. It could be that they have updated what ever they had to do.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: New Style For DF Dec 15, 2011
The new greenish color is just too much for my eyes. I've HD screen.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nucleus wrote:The new greenish color is just too much for my eyes. I've HD screen.

Greenish color is supposed to show only the forums that have unread topics.
If it shows all the forums in green go to the index page and click on actions/mark all forums read.
I will change the color to something more pleasant.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: New Style For DF Dec 16, 2011
The sticky topics and announcements have a distinct background color now.

I am thinking about the background-color of unread topics, for a newly registered user all the topics are unread so this special background doesn't make much sense.

And I thought that the topic could have a special background only if it is unread AND the last post is not older than a set amount of time. Now what amount of time do you think is appropriate?
1 month, 1 week, 1 day ?

PS: There is a new topic about Community Moderation in the Fight Club
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Re: New Style For DF Dec 16, 2011
I've noticed that some input keystrokes are resulting in random characters being published in the transfer from quick post to full editor and when submitted;

For ‘ read '
For “ read "
For ½ read 1/2
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: New Style For DF Dec 23, 2011
Dillon wrote:For ‘ read '
For “ read "
For ½ read 1/2
I have noticed these in your posts... I'll see what I can do.
How do you create these symbols in the editor anyway? These look like some special symbols from Microsoft Word.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

I have fixed some issues with the native forum search. It is now case insensitive, so if you search for "cars" you will also get posts that have "Cars" and "CARS" in them.

I have also made it possible to search for words that consist of only 3 letters. Now it is possible to search for words like "AED", "car", "job", 'UAE' - these searches had no results earlier.

If you see that the native search is not behaving properly, please let me know.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Andyba wrote:I have noticed these in your posts... I'll see what I can do.

I thought Dillon had been on the razz. :drunken:
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: New Style For DF Dec 28, 2011
Dillon wrote:For ‘ read '
For “ read "
For ½ read 1/2

Fixed.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Re: New Style For DF Jan 10, 2012
Switched the colors for the unread and read topics. Now the unread topics' background is brighter and the read topics' background is dimmer. I think it's more intuitive this way.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Andy, is it possible to program that only members can search through other members posts (not the general search, but the member specific search) and see members profiles. Also, if you post multiple attachments in one post, it doesn't seem to go that well. I know, a bit of a vargue description, but are you aware of that? If not, I'll pay more attention what goes wrong the next time.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:Andy, is it possible to program that only members can search through other members posts
It is possible. But why it's important for you?

Sometimes I am browsing from other computers that I can not trust so I am browsing as a guest and I need the ability to search the users' posts to see if he is a spammer and such.

I don't know about any issues with multiple attachments. Can you elaborate, what problems do you have exactly?
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat