Motorists In UAE 'drive Like Maniacs'

Topic locked
motorists in UAE 'drive like maniacs' Jul 06, 2009
majority of people think that motorists in the UAE “drive like maniacs” and are to blame for the country having some of the world’s most dangerous roads.

Health officials have urged the UAE government to tighten motoring laws after a World Health Organisation (WHO) report found people here are almost seven times more likely to be killed on the roads than those in the civilized word.

the incredible total lack of lane discipline and tailgating and there you have most of the reasons for the resulting problems.

Quote:ArabianBusiness.com

chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 06, 2009
wen i had my test for the driving license i was at a roundabout waiting 4 the cars 2 pass on the round then a motor cycle crossed so i was like ok its a motor cycle not a car therefore i can pass.. BUT the police told me nop u should treat it as a car..

so wat i find here many ppl dont really pay attnetion 2 motorcycle as an important element and many ppl go crazy wen they c that a motorcycle is on a lane..

mayb it should have a specific road or either ppl treat it as a car.
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 06, 2009
I am sure someone scared the **** out of you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKKeu_wc ... re=related
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 06, 2009
Tailgaters, flashers, road hogs etc should all be flogged in public.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 06, 2009
silent wrote:wen i had my test for the driving license i was at a roundabout waiting 4 the cars 2 pass on the round then a motor cycle crossed so i was like ok its a motor cycle not a car therefore i can pass.. BUT the police told me nop u should treat it as a car..

so wat i find here many ppl dont really pay attnetion 2 motorcycle as an important element and many ppl go crazy wen they c that a motorcycle is on a lane..

mayb it should have a specific road or either ppl treat it as a car.

People who ride motorcycles should treat the bike as a car!! The only people I see who respect the machine are those who own expensive bikes (such as Harleys). Its all those delivery guys that think they can ride between cars so that they can take the lead. Hit one of them and wham, you are in the wrong even though the idiot was between two cars and created his own "bike lane".
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jul 06, 2009
this is too possible and happeneing
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: motorists in UAE 'drive like maniacs' Jul 08, 2009
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:majority of people think that motorists in the UAE “drive like maniacs” and are to blame for the country having some of the world’s most dangerous roads.

Health officials have urged the UAE government to tighten motoring laws after a World Health Organisation (WHO) report found people here are almost seven times more likely to be killed on the roads than those in the civilized word.

the incredible total lack of lane discipline and tailgating and there you have most of the reasons for the resulting problems.

What is the traffic police doiing there?
javedcn
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 08, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Tailgaters, flashers, road hogs etc should all be flogged in public.

Are you recommending that the majority of the locals are to be flogged in public for the above ......... nice! .........That would greatly improve tourist levels in the dewbi :D
chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 08, 2009
Bora Bora wrote: Its all those delivery guys that think they can ride between cars so that they can take the lead. Hit one of them and wham, you are in the wrong even though the idiot was between two cars and created his own "bike lane".

Aa a rule those delivery guys ride without any protection except a helmet. I assume that the appropriate companies don't support them with right one. In this case the guys don't have a single chance in even average accident.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat