Re: A mac vs. pc commercial you'll never see May 31, 2007
Medvezhonok wrote:- "Whatcha doin, PC?"
- "I'm playing this new game."
- "Oh really, which one?"
- "Any."
- "Oh."
(silence)
(fade)

Sadly, Mac and Vista are on the same boat now. I actually want to buy a laptop with XP on it.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 31, 2007
I'm looking for a laptop as well, might as well wait for the shopping festival..

btw, you could buy a laptop even if it comes pre-installed with Vista and reformat it using XP.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

May 31, 2007
Medvezhonok wrote:I'm looking for a laptop as well, might as well wait for the shopping festival..

btw, you could buy a laptop even if it comes pre-installed with Vista and reformat it using XP.

But then I'd have to pay Microsoft again for the privilege, eh?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 03, 2007
gtmash wrote:
Medvezhonok wrote:I'm looking for a laptop as well, might as well wait for the shopping festival..

But then I'd have to pay Microsoft again for the privilege, eh?

Not really *cough* bittorrent *cough* :wink:
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 04, 2007
Vista is still, in my opinion, in development and much like what XP was like when it first launched.

I'd prefer to keep with XP right now as it's fairly stable (Windows is never fully stable remember!). Give it 2-4 years and Vista will be the way to go, but not for now.

Ross :D
rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 04, 2007
rossbaku wrote:Vista is still, in my opinion, in development and much like what XP was like when it first launched.

I'd prefer to keep with XP right now as it's fairly stable (Windows is never fully stable remember!). Give it 2-4 years and Vista will be the way to go, but not for now.

Ross :D

I bought a new notebook a couple of weeks ago with Vista installed, and I have to say it seems pretty finished and polished to me, with zero issues so far.

Granted I'm not a gamer, but all the other apps I use from XP work flawlessly.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 04, 2007
HP vs. Mac. Now for that I would buy a ticket.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 04, 2007
Mine is Vista Business, I appreciate its wonders now. Work is more efficient with vista, it's not for games though. Solitaire is more than enough for me.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 04, 2007
asc_26 wrote:Mine is Vista Business, I appreciate its wonders now. Work is more efficient with vista, it's not for games though. Solitaire is more than enough for me.

wait, it though you spent your lift "sucking the head" (cray fish that is in the big easy)!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 04, 2007
Concord wrote:
asc_26 wrote:Mine is Vista Business, I appreciate its wonders now. Work is more efficient with vista, it's not for games though. Solitaire is more than enough for me.

wait, it though you spent your lift "sucking the head" (cray fish that is in the big easy)!

:!:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat