Link Exchange

Topic locked
link exchange Apr 13, 2006
I have a niche site that's part of a broader subject with lots of authority websites. My site (purely informational) is built around a specialty product.
I want the site to become the trusted advisor of this niche and being aknowledged by these authority websites would be of huuuge help on every level - traffic, credibility, links. Still got some way to go before the site is good enough to be worthy of their attention... but once it is, how do I get them to notice it?

These authority sites (both govt and associations) are loaded with consumer information and also appear very strict in their linking policy (e.g. they only link out to OTHER associations and govt sites). They don't appear to accept editorial contributions, either.

I'm prepared to go all the way (and I'm not in any hurry to get there) -- learn about their PR person, email and even call them up but to what end if they can't link or accept an editorial contribution?

I was thinking of getting them involved by interviewing one of their experts or involving them in a research (survey) on industry problems. This may or may not work, but I'm looking forward to more suggestions.

How do you get the authority sites you drool over to mention you... link or no link?

Do you use link exchange networks?

johnnyluckky
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat