Dubai Stock Exchange Versus Taiwan's Stock Exchange

Topic locked
Dubai Stock exchange versus Taiwan's Stock exchange Nov 27, 2006
The United Arab Emirates is an Emirate that is loaded with natural resources while Taiwan is an island that has almost no natural resources and imports all of its raw material to manufacture into products for export. Have a look at this website www.dfm.ae the have a look at this website www.tse.com.tw and click on English. Now look and compare these two stock markets along with these two websites. Which one of the two looks like it was put together by a 5 year old kid? Everyone makes mistakes in their life time and investing in the DFM was one of my biggest mistakes. Look at the volume numbers and differences between the two. Look at tha amount of foreign investors that are drawn into the Taiwan market compared to the DFM. When all the IPO'S are kept for locals why would any foreign investor want to invest in the DFM? Last but not least is the fact that Taiwan has 24,000,000 plus people and if only 10% of the local population invested in the local market that would outweigh the population of the Emirates of which has money to invest in the market. Now we wonder why the market opens in the red everyday of the week that it is open.. I think the local officials in the Emirates need to wake up and see how things are running and operating through out the rest of the world. By the way I just got back from California and they had a undercover operation by Nightline in America where they went undercover in Dubai about how such a rich country undepayed their employees and housed their employees in small rooms that were infested with rats and cockroaches along with unbelievable room temperatures. It was all filmed live and undercover in Dubai. Where they had gone in to show America how the rich and glamerous Dubai was importing foreign labor from third world countires which were either being underpayed or unpayed along with their living conditions in Dubai. They interviewed a Sheikh which had only to comment that they were working on improving these conditions and that they were aware of these conditions :oops:

Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 27, 2006
sorry i don't speak english !! :? :? :?
redmatrice
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 27, 2006
redmatrice wrote:sorry i don't speak english !! :? :? :?

lol
yeah what a stupod post
:roll:
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 27, 2006
175bpm wrote:

lol
yeah what a stupod post
:roll:

lol Yeah what a stupid Replay

Edit : It was you in this ? lol

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/302108/stupid/
redmatrice
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 27, 2006

No need to be sorry, just feel sorry for your self when travelling or surfing the net :wink:
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 27, 2006
Stylin,

You've made some interesting observations but I don't think the issues you raise are necessarily interrelated. For example you state that the UAE has an abundance of natural resources as opposed to Taiwan. Besides oil, the UAE is actually missing natural resources such a fresh water sources and enough arable lands. This country does need to import many essential consumer goods. I also don't see how this would be related to the half-baked DFM website...

The deplorable working conditions of many laborers does need to be addressed, but the US and Taiwan certainly are affected by the same type of worker exploitation problems. However I do think that a country as small as the UAE should be able to address the worker problems in a more efficient way simply because the problems with certain sectors of the population are still at manageable levels as opposed to other large countries who have long lost track of their illegal and/or mistreated laborers.

I'm curious, did you invest in the DFM on your own or through the advise of financial planners?
freza
Dubai chat master

Nov 27, 2006
Freza you're awesome, that was a clear concise response as many of yours are.

Specific to the website http://www2.dfm.ae/, it's comparable to the TSE one, but that is an aside.

Working conditions are atrocious here, but next time you're in Vegas or Cali, take a trip off the beaten path and view the slave labor camps that are there, and their housing conditions. Dubai needs to look bad in American press, this is a precursor to things that are going to happen in the future.

Specific to the stock exchange, dude you bought high, you got stuck and you didn’t bail when you had opportunities to, minimizing your losses. I myself have lost a bit of money over the last 6 months as well and I’m pissed just like you, but I blame myself because I should know better. Developing markets are high risk, You know the PSE (Palestine Stock Exchange went up >300% last year the DFM >100% no stock exchange can maintain these types of growth, the bubble burst, similar to 1929 in the states or more recently the dot comm.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 27, 2006
Is the Dubai Sock Exchange part of the textile souk in Bur Dubai? Although I doubt anybody would want to exchange anything for my old socks.. :lol:

Sorry Stylin, don't want to pick on you, but it sounds like it could be a real thing over here :)
apl
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 27, 2006
Stylinexpat wrote:

No need to be sorry, just feel sorry for your self when travelling or surfing the net :wink:

I was kidding , i'm not perfect in english but i can understand the meaning

I said i don't speak english cus here in morocco when someone ask you or tell you something strange or you don't know , if you wanna joke , you may Say Sorry i don't speak arabic or Sorry i don't live in here
redmatrice
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 27, 2006
You should've invested in Inidan stock exchange dude :).
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 28, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:You should've invested in Inidan stock exchange dude :).

I definitely missed out on that Bull run. I have heard many good things about the Indian market and about India except for the infrastructure there..
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 28, 2006
redmatrice wrote:
Stylinexpat wrote:

I said i don't speak english cus here in morocco when someone ask you or tell you something strange or you don't know , if you wanna joke , you may Say Sorry i don't speak arabic or Sorry i don't live in here

Morocco is supposed to be heaven for men as there are supposed to be tons of beautiful women there. I have never been there and would like to visit one day. No worries on the English part.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 28, 2006
freza wrote:Stylin,

You've made some interesting observations but I don't think the issues you raise are necessarily interrelated. For example you state that the UAE has an abundance of natural resources as opposed to Taiwan. Besides oil, the UAE is actually missing natural resources such a fresh water sources and enough arable lands. This country does need to import many essential consumer goods. I also don't see how this would be related to the half-baked DFM website...

The deplorable working conditions of many laborers does need to be addressed, but the US and Taiwan certainly are affected by the same type of worker exploitation problems. However I do think that a country as small as the UAE should be able to address the worker problems in a more efficient way simply because the problems with certain sectors of the population are still at manageable levels as opposed to other large countries who have long lost track of their illegal and/or mistreated laborers.

I'm curious, did you invest in the DFM on your own or through the advise of financial planners?

I invested in Dubai without any financial advice from any financial institution. We all make mistakes I guess and this was one of them for me. I should have invested my money in either India, Hong-Kong, Taiwan or even Nasdaq.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 28, 2006
Stylinexpat wrote:
redmatrice wrote:
Stylinexpat wrote:

Morocco is supposed to be heaven for men as there are supposed to be tons of beautiful women there. I have never been there and would like to visit one day. No worries on the English part.

lol maybe , but here in morocco we say that the most arabic pretty women are in Lebanon
redmatrice
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 28, 2006
redmatrice wrote:
Stylinexpat wrote:
redmatrice wrote:
Stylinexpat wrote:

lol maybe , but here in morocco we say that the most arabic pretty women are in Lebanon

I have not been to Lebanon in about 15 years or so, so I have forgotten about the Lebanese women. I have seen many beautiful Lebanese women on Television and in Dubai. I assume though that Lebanon does not have as many working women for an average tourist or visitor that Morocco has :D
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 28, 2006
Stylinexpat wrote:I have not been to Lebanon in about 15 years or so, so I have forgotten about the Lebanese women. I have seen many beautiful Lebanese women on Television and in Dubai. I assume though that Lebanon does not have as many working women for an average tourist or visitor that Morocco has :D

Cus morocco is a touristic country :) , but even if i'd like to got a lebanese GF :)
redmatrice
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 29, 2006
Talk about a bloody market. Tamweel is down to about 4 Dhms. a share. Stock market has been bleeding all month long.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 29, 2006
Stylinexpat wrote:Talk about a bloody market. Tamweel is down to about 4 Dhms. a share. Stock market has been bleeding all month long.

What was it a month ago?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 29, 2006
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 29, 2006
Good info Fayz, when does the Graph start?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 29, 2006
it is a 1 year graph, the rate of return for the year inclusive of the pull back that has dropped the stock over 20% is still positive 34%. the vertical line near the end of the chart is from Oct 1st. when the sign and the market as a whole gave a big sell and get out sign.

I hate to see people get burnt but usually markets tell you when they are turning and when it is good to get in and good to get out.

For those interested in investing, make sure you study the markets please, the same pull backs have happened in US, India and every other market in the planet so kicking yourself for choosing the wrong one isn't the correct approach, study and learn the right one is.

Good luck to you all.

^^The ramblings above are from someone who is a habitual loser in the market so all advice should be taken with a grain of salt
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 29, 2006
Investments? hmm.... NO IDEA. :(

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fayz is right. :wink:

If all of you have decided where to invest...i'm here to do all the financial recordings and analysis for you. :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 29, 2006
Stylinexpat just out of curiosity how do you trade in Taiwan ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 29, 2006
MaaaD wrote:Stylinexpat just out of curiosity how do you trade in Taiwan ?

I live here and have an account here in Taiwan so it is quite easy. I like Hong-Kong more though and have an account with HSBC for trading in Hong-Kong. More people means more money and aisa has a lot of people.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 29, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
Stylinexpat wrote:Talk about a bloody market. Tamweel is down to about 4 Dhms. a share. Stock market has been bleeding all month long.

What was it a month ago?

Lost about 20% in a month or so. This market is nearly bleeding to death now. This line in Red is basically like someone crying desperately for help in this article:

http://www.ameinfo.com/103675.html

The Index in Hong-Kong is at 18,000+ points while in Dubai it is at 350 Pts. and my prediction is that it will see 300 points before the end of the year.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat