Kuwait - Dubai

Topic locked
Kuwait - Dubai Jan 28, 2006
Hi im student in dubai university . I have residence in kuwait as well as in dubai .. i want to bring my car to uae from kuwait . pls advice.. . thanks!!
i would like to know how long it takes from kuwait to sharjah ?? and car insurance . i have 3 yr full insurance for car in kuwait !!

undyinglove
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 28, 2006
Can dubai insurance get expensive???
undyinglove
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 28, 2006
In Dubai insurance is pretty cheap... I mean like 2-4% of car value or something of the sort... Its a joke compared to other countries.

If it takes more than 10 days to get from Kuwait to Sharjah, it is practically 10 days too long :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 29, 2006
ask your insurer in kuwait if you are covered in other GCC countries and if you are then you wont need a dubai insurance. If you are not then contact the automobile club in kuwait and you can get supplementary international insurance for your "trip".

the trip from kuwait to dubai is not 10 days liban ! more like 10 hours ? i am not exactly sure but its probably around 10-12 hours but you have to factor in time for the border crossing into saudi (they are a big pain in the butt) .. but i dont think it will amount to more than 24 hours worst case scenario. Another option would be to ship it which would cost you around 1500 dirhams two way.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Hey!! Jan 30, 2006
Its doesnt take 10 days...as far as i know it shall take only 15 hours from kuwait to dubai... luckily i even got my dubai license done today ...im travellin to kuwait by nextmonth so i can bring my car to dubai.. Shipping the car could get expensive .. its better i drive to sharjah !
Is it possible for me to get the car insurance in dubai itself before i leave to kuwait to bring my car here??
Where shall i go for information regardin insurance ????
undyinglove
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 30, 2006
dude you didnt read my post ? :)

ask your car insurance to extend your coverage to cover GCC !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Salamm.. Jan 30, 2006
.. According to you 'Maad' ..If i ask my insurance company to expand my insurance to GCC..how much would it cost??? I already have 3 yrs full insurance from a wellknown company in kuw!! If i have to come by saudi , then i will have to take saudi insurance too..???
undyinglove
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 30, 2006
Days... hours.... who's really counting... :lol:

I meant hours...

My friend made it in 10.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 30, 2006
Does anyone of u have a map linkin kuwait-saudi-dubai borders??? hows the kuwait road trip to dubai ??
undyinglove
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat