Interesting Statement

Topic locked
Interesting Statement Mar 15, 2009
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/549461

DNRD chief rubbishes visa cancellation rumours

by Anil BhoyrulThis email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it on Friday, 13 March 2009

THE TRUTH: Major General Mohammed Al-Marri has dismissed rumours of mass visa cancellations. (ITP Images)The boss of the Dubai Naturalisation and Residency Department (DNRD) has described as “nonsense” claims of mass visa cancellations and thousands of cars being abandoned at Dubai Airport.

In an exclusive interview with Arabian Business magazine to be published on Sunday, Major General Mohammed Ahmed Al-Marri said that other countries were “jealous” of the success of the emirate.

“When you are successful, people never focus on your success. That is human nature. They look for the mistakes and try and find problems.

"Everyone in the world wants to know how Dubai has become so pretty, so they can copy our ideas. But it is not easy to copy, and this is the problem. So they become jealous and they write what is complete nonsense,” he added.

The Major General also rubbished rumours that some residents were being stopped from leaving Dubai because of bank debts or holding only one way travel tickets.

He said: “People are saying that there is a list of wanted people by the banks. That is not true, absolutely not true. Life is normal, there is no change at all. Do you think we can just stop people at the airport without and order from the court? Or that we want to?

"Of course not, it is rubbish. And then they claim that if you are leaving Dubai with a one way ticket you will be stopped and quizzed. Rubbish. Nonsense. We have no idea at immigration whether you bought a one way ticket or return ticket, it is meaningless.”

Read the full interview with Major General Al-Marri online on Sunday.

Some of the comments that have been posted after, need to be read to be believed.

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2009
I wish I could've become the head of a major organisation at the age of 11.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 15, 2009
gtmash wrote:I wish I could've become the head of a major organisation at the age of 11.

can you make rumors outta nothing!!!!....

:lol:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Mar 15, 2009
sharfraz wrote:
gtmash wrote:I wish I could've become the head of a major organisation at the age of 11.

can you make rumors outta nothing!!!!....

:lol:

Oh wait. I just clicked on the link. The Major looks to be about 50.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 15, 2009
The article sounds like a satirical piece from the Onion...

particualrly the bit about Dubai being "pretty", and people being jealous of its success.

Would it haev hurt to say "Yes, there are economic problems, but we will get over them" rather than the current quotes which sound like North Korea's state TV.

Yes, there were some rumors about Dubai, but thats because its so hard to find accurate stuff here.

When you hear all is well inspite of reality being otherwise, theres bound to be some exagerrations
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 15, 2009
BlackburnRovers wrote:The article sounds like a satirical piece from the Onion...

particualrly the bit about Dubai being "pretty", and people being jealous of its success.

Would it haev hurt to say "Yes, there are economic problems, but we will get over them" rather than the current quotes which sound like North Korea's state TV.

Yes, there were some rumors about Dubai, but thats because its so hard to find accurate stuff here.

When you hear all is well inspite of reality being otherwise, theres bound to be some exagerrations

It is certainly not written by me as can be seen if you follow the link
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
BlackburnRovers wrote:The article sounds like a satirical piece from the Onion...

I think he meant www.theonion.com. Your not the only onion you know :)
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 15, 2009

Your not too far off. Check out the following and tell me this guy doesn't look 11 to you.

http://www.xpress4me.com/articles/09/02 ... 11723.html
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 15, 2009
K-Dog wrote:

Your not too far off. Check out the following and tell me this guy doesn't look 11 to you.

He is quite young, 11 though nah, more like late 20's still young for the position though.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2009
K-Dog wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

I think he meant www.theonion.com. Your not the only onion you know :)

a distant cousin, before sage came along, lol
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
K-Dog wrote:

He is quite young, 11 though nah, more like late 20's still young for the position though.

in my opinion he looks like a teenager...
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 15, 2009
K-Dog wrote:

more like a shaved girl to me :lol:
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 15, 2009
uaekid wrote:
K-Dog wrote:

more like a shaved girl to me :lol:

You mean you are not aquainted with him?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 15, 2009
Did someone say: 'MAKEUP!!!"?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 15, 2009
K-Dog wrote:

If I were allowed to gamble in the UAE I would bet that 'the guy' you talk about is 100 percent woman. Just look at that face. Just 20 years old and without lipstick...

Its a woman. For sure :D
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 15, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
K-Dog wrote:
gtmash wrote:If I were allowed to gamble in the UAE I would bet that 'the guy' you talk about is 100 percent woman.

You would have to be here wouldn't you and since your not, it's not an option.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 15, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
K-Dog wrote:
gtmash wrote:If I were allowed to gamble in the UAE I would bet that 'the guy' you talk about is 100 percent woman.

Thats the logic of a single braincell. Think again.
Residing outside the UAE makes me able to bet whatever I want. The reason I said it, is because of me placing myself in your situation, following your rules.

All bets are off in the UAE. ;)

I know where you are hiding your single cell of stupidity: 'Cavestyle'

RobbyG

Mar 15, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
K-Dog wrote:

Thats the logic of a single braincell. Think again.
Residing outside the UAE makes me able to bet whatever I want. The reason I said it, is because of me placing myself in your situation, following your rules.

All bets are off in the UAE. ;)

I know where you are hiding your single cell of stupidity: 'Cavestyle'

Well at least you have one talent! How did you do that?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 15, 2009
^^^^^Is playing a game of ignorance^^^^^

WHoehahahh :lol: :wink: :lol:
The pic I added is so appropriate to you. Unbelievable. I'll stop the bashing now. I'm starting to feel sorry for you already. ;)
RobbyG

Mar 15, 2009
RobbyG wrote:^^^^^Is playing a game of ignorance^^^^^

The pic I added is so appropriate to you. Unbelievable. I'll stop the bashing now. I'm starting to feel sorry for you already. ;)

Yeah, go back to Dubai bashing. As you don't know much about Dubai, you know less about me.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 15, 2009
Since when did I bash Dubai according to you?
RobbyG

Mar 15, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Since when did I bash Dubai according to you?

OK, enough of you.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 15, 2009
I thought so. You talk rubbish.
RobbyG

Mar 15, 2009
Eww...that one reminds me of Hancock

I gotta go and look up in the dictionary the word "bash"
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 15, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
RobbyG wrote:^^^^^Is playing a game of ignorance^^^^^

Yeah, go back to Dubai bashing. As you don't know much about Dubai, you know less about me.

I apologize. Poor choice of words. What I should have said is:

Since you factually know nothing about me why don't you go back to educating us about Dubai, Emiratis, culture based on your lack of actual experience.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 15, 2009
I thought we were done talking with eachother?
RobbyG

Mar 15, 2009
Image[/quote]

Robby-tard
Is this where you get all your information from?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 15, 2009
You do know that you are making fun of yourself at this point, now do you?

Showing off with your 'Cave style' ignorance :D:D:D
RobbyG

Mar 15, 2009
RobbyG wrote:You do know that you are making fun of yourself at this point, now do you?

Showing off with your 'Cave style' ignorance :D:D:D

I think you need to dig deeper for some new material Robby.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mar 15, 2009
Oh no no no Kitty Katty,

I'm wrapping it all up, just to summarize your state of denial :)
RobbyG

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat