Initiative To Raise Awarness About Strapping Children In

Topic locked
Initiative to raise awarness about strapping children in Feb 26, 2008
OK, so I saw the article in the paper yesterday, where the police have launched an initiative to raise awareness about strapping children in, in cars and that parents who don't will be fined.

Erm TWO WEEKS!!!! This should be an ongoing campaign!

And what the hell is wrong with parents who let their kids bounce around the car, sit on their lap, stick their heads out of the sun roof etc

Parents like that don't deserve to have children, should be fined and jailed to teach them a lesson. Or give them the shock treatment, make them sit and watch on a huge tv what happens to a child when they go crashing through the windscreen, or are crushed by the passenger whose lap their sat on.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 26, 2008
Like this video?:

I agree, this should definitely be an ongoing campaign. It's waaaaaay too common here. I mean I've even see some parents not only let their kids sit on their laps in the front seat, but also have the window fully open while the kid leans on it!! I actually shouted at them to put him back in...idiots!
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 27, 2008
Meh.....

Wait for them to send a few of their kids face first through the windshield like a polaris missile and have their faces cut to shreads. It's the only way they're going to learn.
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 27, 2008
Unfortunately Craig, with some nationalities, that is the only way they will learn.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 29, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Unfortunately Craig, with some nationalities, that is the only way they will learn.

I'm not so sure.
First, you need to convince them that god can't save you if you have been launched through the windscreen and headfirst into an oncoming vehicle...
Well actually he can, but it will make his job a lot more difficult. :)
At least the police are making some attempt, albeit a symbolic one.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 29, 2008
Grrrrrrrr! It makes my blood boil! Seen so many people with kids bouncing around their cars this morning! What's wrong with them?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 02, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Grrrrrrrr! It makes my blood boil! Seen so many people with kids bouncing around their cars this morning! What's wrong with them?

It must be very hard for you Chocholic to live in Emirates when everywhere you look someone is doing something wrong. Perhaps you could get job with Dubai Police as full time crime spotter. Just make sure your own house is in order first.
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 02, 2008
Listen here you! There is NO excuse for putting the life of a child at risk! There are seatbelts in the car - USE THEM!!!

What really gets me angry, is when you see the parents strapped in and not the children.

I've seen what happens when a child goes through the windscreen - there is nothing left to identify them.

Try this little experiment, take a water melon and drop it from the balcony of a first floor apartment - the result is exactly what happens to a childs head when they hit the windscreen.

A child is the most precious thing you could ever have, why on earth would you DELIBERATELY put them at risk?!

Now shut up you stupid little man and go away!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 02, 2008
Chocolic do you have children? If not then stop telling other people how to live their own life and worry about yours unless of course it is perfect and then by all means feel free to comment.
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 02, 2008
Whether I have children or not is besides the point! Children rely on adults to keep them safe, and parent that deliberately fails to do this should be punished for wilfull endangerment.

I can only assume by your attitude and complete lack of a basic understanding of how to keep children safe - that you are indeed one of these thoughtless parents, who will only learn when it is too late and their child is splattered all over the bonnet of their car!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 02, 2008
You are good at assuming. My lecturer always told me to ass-u-me is to make an ass out of u and me.

I am saying to you friend that it is not good for your soul and your standing with Allah that you constantly criticise without first taking stock of your own faults that you may have.

I have read a lot of what you write and you are all too quick to take stand and point fingers and tlel other people how they should live their life, but when it comes to people telling you how you should live yours you react badly.

If you want people to listen to you, first you should listen to them. These are the wise teachings of our culture you UK people should listen to and adopt when you come to our country and live.
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 02, 2008
I am sorry but when it comes to child safety - NO NO NO!!!! Everyone needs to take stock!

I have work on several initiatives with the police here FYI.

YOU are also quick at making assumptions about people yourself, so why don't you stop and take note and think before you press the send button.

I've lived here for many years, I've also lived in Saudi and other countries around the world. If you don't listen to the complaints that people have, how do you ever expect to improve.

And please don't quote the 'God' stuff at me, not interested, it's a ridiculous excuse 'oh well the life of our child is in the hands of Allah' - oh well God also gave you the man THAT INVENTED SEATLBELTS - So USE THEM!!!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 02, 2008
You do not listen and you will not.

I will leave you to discuss the god stuff with Allah in person, when that time comes, make sure you listen then.
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 02, 2008
No thanks!

Anyway why do you insist on trashing a thread on such an important subject? Are that irgnorant to the fact that tens of children die every year because of their parents being irresponsible! Deaths which so easily could have been prevented, if they only used a seatbelt?!

You're very selfish you know! If you have nothing constructive to say on the matter, then I suggest you don't post on it, as you're just making a fool of yourself.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 02, 2008
Sheikhmo I think you aren't really making a point.

This is the way it is:
Problem: Children not strapped in, or children allowed to sit in the front seat = very bad idea. It is also the cause of many child deaths every year.

Reason: Irresponsible parents. Literally no other reason for this happening. Parents have the responsibility of protecting their children as best they can. Not strapping your child in is doing the exact opposite.

Conclusion: Parents need to be aware of that if they are not already, and need to be more responsible. Strict laws and awareness campaigns can be implemented as a solution.

It really doesn't matter what you think about the person posting this or about your religious beliefs or anything really. It's a simple problem that you seem to be complicating sheikhmo. There is no gray area here.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2008
Who was responsible for strapping Sheikmo in as a child???? I want to have a word with them.....
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2008
Well put MC. And Craig, I don't think anyone strapped him in, and clearly he was in an accident, hit the seat in front and suffered brain damage resulting in severe mental disorders. Which only goes to reinforce the importance of strapping children in cars so they don't end up like him.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat