Hyatt At ADNEC - Amazing Structure

Topic locked
Hyatt at ADNEC - amazing structure Nov 05, 2009
Friends..

Check out the pics of the new Hyatt being contructed near ADNEC in Abu Dhabi..impressed by it curvilinear design..

http://earsplease.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... adnec.html

immortal01
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 06, 2009
it look like it got a semi lob on.
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Nov 06, 2009
Oh so thats the Hayat wondering that weird bendy thing was. Whats the big building on Raha beach which looks like a big glass coin/lens. The AL DAR signage simplys say HQ ?
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 06, 2009
I was speaking with an architect the other day, with the Hyatt structure the endeavour was to give it a greater tilt than the Leaning Tower of Pisa (that was the inspiration)

The coin shape structure is to be the Aldar headquarters.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 07, 2009
Thanks MCL

Well the Hayat building is eyecatching to say the least . First all it looks likes its covered in skin and not glass and steel and it does look like its defying the laws of physics. More like a giant scale covered snake.

Its quite tall aswell. The pictures don't do it justice
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 07, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Thanks MCL

Well the Hayat building is eyecatching to say the least . First all it looks likes its covered in skin and not glass and steel and it does look like its defying the laws of physics. More like a giant scale covered snake.

Its quite tall aswell. The pictures don't do it justice

Hi Desert Dude..

Thanks for appreciating the pics..I was not able to click the pics from a different angle as the entire building is covered with scaffoldings. Hope to get a better glimpse on my next visit to Abu Dhabi
immortal01
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat