How Cruel Can Humans Be - Disturbing Footage

Topic locked
Mar 19, 2007
alexandra wrote:.how can sombody say that it;s ok to kill these amazing creatures????? :evil:

Like this - 'It's ok to kill dolphins for food'

Lambs are cute as well, pigs are more intelligent than dolphins and both are killed in their millions for their flesh.

[In all cases the animals should be treated humanely - in my opinion, the transportation of live animals in trucks around Europe for tens of hours causes more distress than the dolphins shown pre-slaughter in the video. I'm not condoning the treatement of the dolphins, but condemning all needless suffering before slaughter - this should be kept to a minimum]

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 19, 2007
Perhaps it's a sad indictment of who the real who human race is, when only cute looking animals get public sympathy, while not so cute ones just get eaten.

Having said that, history has shown the best way to protect an animal from extinction is to put it on the menu.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 19, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Whilst I am in basic agreement with all that you have said, and also Ian's point of view in part, do you not think that public opinion can at times change things?

The point of difference being public opinion and public rabble.

Organisations like Greenpeace help steer public opinion. Internet surveys are just noise that achieves nothing.

But maybe someone who doesn't know about Greenpeace will now be interested in looking it up, joining, ang really doing something. It would have started from an internet petition. Most likely nothing like that will happen but...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 19, 2007
Concord wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Whilst I am in basic agreement with all that you have said, and also Ian's point of view in part, do you not think that public opinion can at times change things?

Organisations like Greenpeace help steer public opinion. Internet surveys are just noise that achieves nothing.

But maybe someone who doesn't know about Greenpeace will now be interested in looking it up, joining, ang really doing something. It would have started from an internet petition. Most likely nothing like that will happen but...

Perhaps it might just be me, or where I've come from, but who hasn't heard of Greenpeace?
^ian^

Mar 19, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
Concord wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

Perhaps it might just be me, or where I've come from, but who hasn't heard of Greenpeace?

I thought you'd say that but you'd be surprised!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 19, 2007
Concord wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
Concord wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

I thought you'd say that.
^ian^

Mar 19, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
Concord wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
Concord wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

I thought you'd say that.

No please!!!!! now Tropic will start her crap!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 19, 2007
Whereas I +knew+ you both would say that.

:lol:
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat