How Can People Be So Miserable?

Topic locked
How can people be so miserable? Nov 22, 2011
I am on a project now, and so many people around me look so miserable. On many I have never seen a smile on their face. They never say hi in the morning. They look like robots. I have my ups and downs, but I am always good for a practical joke or just joking around, especially on a Friday afternoon. And always like to hear weekend war stories on Monday morning.
How can they be so miserable? What happened to them? They look constantly constipated.

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: How Can People Be So Miserable? Nov 22, 2011
As long as everyone does their job like they're supposed to, its good enough, everyone's got something going on with them and not everyone can stay cheerful about it, Maybe they might be thinking, why you're smiling all the time, and they wonder that you might be crazy
shawagma
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: How can people be so miserable? Nov 22, 2011
I agree that there are some bloody miserable people around. What's the problem with saying 'good morning' and 'goodbye' to your collegues? It's just good manners after all. I even say 'good morning to people I can't stand the sight of, it puts them in that akward position where they have no alternative but to wish you a 'good morning' back :D

I had a man in my team who has just taken voluntary redundancy, and I put the flag up the day he left. Every morning he used to walk past me with a face like a smacked arse. What a miserable existance he must have led as the only time he would ever pass the time of day with you was after 3 pints and then he talked the hind legs of a donkey. He was on the maximum dose of Prozac and they must have only kicked in with drink.

We usually have a bit of a laugh at work and it definately makes the going to work easier. I never dread going to work and if I did I would look for another job.
Life is too short to be a miserable tw@t. :P
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: How can people be so miserable? Nov 22, 2011
I bet they’re not as miserable as Marvin, the Paranoid Android?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQqeidrlDyw

:lol: :lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: How Can People Be So Miserable? Nov 22, 2011
Where are you FD that everyone looks so miserable???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: How Can People Be So Miserable? Nov 23, 2011
What's the problem with saying 'good morning' and 'goodbye' to your collegues? It's just good manners after all.

Exactly, its normal behavior. I have already experienced multiple times, when saying good morning, people just stare you not understanding in the face.

Bora Bora wrote:Where are you FD that everyone looks so miserable???

A major bank. :D

All bean counters to the extreme.

One more month to go.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:

One more month to go.

I'm not sure what bankers have to be miserable about. The boss of Barclays is reported to earn £4.5m pa :shock: That bank is partly owned by me as a British taxpayer I believe!

I bank with Barclays and HSBC. There's hardly any staff in HSBC, there's a machine for paying cheques in, a machine for paying cash in, a machine that will give you a mini statement, a machine that will give you cash and a service counter with a human that old people use.
I have to go to Barclays at lunch time for work purposes. The staff all take their lunch break at the busiest time, lunch time, so there is always a queue. Very frustrating.

On the whole I agree, people who work in banks do seem to be a miserable bunch.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Where are you FD that everyone looks so miserable???

One more month to go.

And what part of the world would that major bank be in???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: How Can People Be So Miserable? Nov 24, 2011
Seems tough to get the answer you want, lol
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:Seems tough to get the answer you want, lol

Well I'm trying to get him to admit that he is in a country that starts with the letter "I", and I don't think it's Iran or India. :lol: If I'm right, then I can understand why there are so many miserable people he has to deal with every day. I also think the "bean counters to the extreme" is a give away. :lol: Some people need to count money over and over and over hoping that it will increase with each count. :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oh really BB. Are you serious or just joking?
Its an international bank with offices in several countries. In every branch people are miserable. I haven't been in a branch office in a country that starts with an "I", not Israel, nor Italy.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: How Can People Be So Miserable? Nov 25, 2011
You left out Ireland, Iceland, Iraq, Iran, Indonesia, India. :mrgreen:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat