House Prices In Dubai

Topic locked
House prices in dubai Oct 13, 2009
Hi guys,

What is the average house price for a normal 3 bedroom house, with a driveway in a pleasant place to live, not too poor and not too rich area in UAE/near Dubai?

AlexUK
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 13, 2009
Is to rent or to buy? We don't really do 'houses' in the UAE, they're villas have a look at some of the real estate website and you'll get and idea of what's on offer.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 13, 2009
Buy: 2,500,000 Dirham
Rent: 200,000 Dirham
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 13, 2009
Depending where you are renting is ALOT lower than that! I have a huge 3 bed, 3 storey villa and pay 96,000 Dhs!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 13, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Depending where you are renting is ALOT lower than that! I have a huge 3 bed, 3 storey villa and pay 96,000 Dhs!

in Dubai? and yearly?
G to tha T
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 13, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Depending where you are renting is ALOT lower than that! I have a huge 3 bed, 3 storey villa and pay 96,000 Dhs!

Thats probably in Sportscity or Mirdiff :wink:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 13, 2009
KeithL wrote:

Thats probably in Sportscity or Mirdiff :wink:

Hey Keith, long time no see, yes indeed your probably right.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 13, 2009
Hey Sage, I'm around but dont post much because of all the punches being traded around here.

Any idea where the "other forum" dissapeared?
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 13, 2009
KeithL wrote:Hey Sage, I'm around but dont post much because of all the punches being traded around here.

I think it was just dropped because of people leaving etc.

Don't worry about the trading punches, just ignore them.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 14, 2009

ur kidding, right?
monymoe
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2009
Nope! And yes indeed Mirdiff, in fact the going price for 2 to 3 bed villas in Mirdiff is between 90,000 and 150,000 at the moment - there are soooo many lying empty you can make stupid offers.

I saw an independent 3 bedroom villa with it's own pool for 140,000 - bargin!

If you take the time to hunt around and by-pass the agents you can get some really good deals, it's a renters market at the moment.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 14, 2009

I went on the high side of average not to get his hopes up of finding something dirt cheap.
Thats a good price. Can I rent a room?
Victory Heights cheapest is about 135k, average 200+.
It is nowhere near finished but people seem to love it there.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 14, 2009
<please ignore>
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Oct 14, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
KeithL wrote:Hey Sage, I'm around but dont post much because of all the punches being traded around here.

I think it was just dropped because of people leaving etc.

Don't worry about the trading punches, just ignore them.

Thats a shame !

Do you know where Concs is these days?
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 15, 2009
Wow, both Fayz and Keithl on the same day. As I am up for BIZ overseas, could not resist posting. Keith, Concs is good saw him a few weeks ago. Fayz, I think we need a new squash club.

But on topic, Chocs is right. Mirdif is a goldmine as far as value. I moved here in June and reduced my cost of living by 2/3rds from AR. I, too have a 3 bed, yada yada and pay 100k. For some reason my bills are a fraction of what they were as well. DEWA in AR=2k a month being an energy cheapskate. Here, A/C is blazing 24/7 and the bill doesn't touch 1k. Internet is cheaper (still sucks) and Sat TV is cheap as hell.

It is not the "dark side of town" that it used to be. Good value for money. Also, I now work 10 minutes away, so that is a bonus. Access to Deira, Bur Dubai, Old Town, etc. is easy. As is Dubai Courts should you have BIZ there (xty and me). Glad I came here to Mirdif, but will probably see my final days in Dubai out in the Marina as I think I will treat myself to some beach and fun before heading out. (2 years have not been to the beach here)

Hope this helps, DD
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Oct 15, 2009
Plus according to a new article today, rents are only going to go lower:

http://www.7days.ae/storydetails.php?id ... tle=Rental breakdown

The average rent in Dubai has almost halved in the past year, according to a new report by a real estate consultancy firm.

Colliers International’s research found that rents have undergone, on average, a drop of 49 per cent in the third quarter of this year compared to the same period a year ago.

“People lost their jobs and companies downsized and generally the demand for residential accommodation dropped over the period,” said JP Grobbelaar, director of research and advisory at Colliers.

The report also highlighted that about a quarter of residential properties in Dubai are lying empty. Many landlords refused to drop their rents last year, but as the downturn took hold they were forced to drop their rates.

Dubizzle, the popular classified web site, saw this starting to happen earlier in the year.

“At the beginning of the year our rental ads went up by almost 1,000 per cent because a lot of people were not renting their units out. After the crash a lot of people who were sitting on their property decided to try and get some revenue on it,” said JC Butler, from Dubizzle.

He added that the biggest decline can be seen in Discovery Gardens where studio rents fell from around dhs95,000 to dhs40,000 and one-beds are now going for dhs55,000, compared to dhs120,000 last year.

In Dubai Marina, one of the most sought-after areas in the city, rents for one-bedroom apartments have gone down from dhs130,000 or more a year ago to dhs90,000 or less now.

Terms and conditions have also changed to reflect the sharp decline in rents being charged.

“One or two cheques is pretty unheard of now, any landlords still asking for that must have been living in a cave,” added Butler.

“There are landlords asking for one cheque but I would be doubtful if they ever find anyone unless they are willing to compromise on price to get that one cheque.”

With vacancy rates running at 25 per cent and 40,000 new units set to hit the market in the next two years, Colliers believe rental rates will continue to fall across Dubai.

“If I were a landlord I would try to lease my property at the best rental I can negotiate because in the short to medium term we expect rents to decline,” advised Grobbelaar.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 15, 2009
That's true: rent in Discovery Garden is comparable with Sharjah nowadays and many people who worked in J.Ali but were forced to live in Sharjah has shifted to DG: my aquittance rents studio for 35K.

1BR with big rooms in the central block of IC is 45K now.
According to article Marina is still expensive. :evil:

It looks like growth on the horizon but constantly moving away, doesn't it, Student? :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 15, 2009
Also an intersting article in the National saying that supply way outstrips demand by 25% currently and will get even worse! Greedy landlords are certainly learning their lesson!

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll ... 49982/1042

The number of new homes in Dubai is expected to grow by 34,300 in the next two years, as a prolonged economic slowdown hits demand.

Dubai will have more than 340,000 residential units by the end of this year and is already oversupplied by 25 per cent, according to Colliers International, the property consultant.

“We see no reason to believe this will improve; it should actually worsen,” said JP Grobbelaar, the director of research and advisory at Colliers.

“Unless there’s a significant increase in population over the next two years, we expect these vacancy levels to increase.”

Mr Grobbelaar added that property prices in the emirate, which had fallen by 48 per cent in the past year, would only start to level out once demand started to exceed supply.

The broker believes the office sector will be worst hit, with the oversupply expected to double in the next two years.

“It’s going to be a long and slow recovery,” he said. “Levels of economic activity are greatly reduced … we don’t see any economic drivers that will lead to an increase in demand and absorb the additional supply coming on to the market.”
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 15, 2009
He-he. There was a report about 6 millions population of UAE, about 45% increase from 2006.
If that inf. is true why we see so big oversupply of peoperty. Visualy it looks like more than 80% of Caucasians, who worked in Dubai, has left the town for last year but that report informed us about 500 000 community.

About other races and nationalities situation is not so dramatic but the trend is pretty similar.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 15, 2009
dubaidog wrote:Wow, both Fayz and Keithl on the same day. As I am up for BIZ overseas, could not resist posting. Keith, Concs is good saw him a few weeks ago. Fayz, I think we need a new squash club.

Hey DD, good to see you too :)

Convey my best to our furry friend Concs
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 17, 2009

Nice haggling-work Chocs.
When did you renegotiate? or did you move...?
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 17, 2009
I was posting all this 12/18 months ago on here Chocs, when everyone was saying nooooooo - its why i sold last August. I even predicted it would peak towards the end of 2009 :P

In fact, Chocs didnt i offer you some good advice as a friend and was somewhat rebutted :wink:

8)
arniegang

Oct 17, 2009
LOL - I'm still keeping it Arnie! I'd rather live in my own place that I actually own, than pay dead money to someone else.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 17, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:LOL - I'm still keeping it Arnie! I'd rather live in my own place that I actually own, than pay dead money to someone else.

thats cool
arniegang

Oct 18, 2009
it all depends on where you want to live...but if you are looking for a nice place in EMirates hilss you are looking to buy someting around AED3 mil mil
chriscake
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat