Hotel Recommendations

Topic locked
Hotel recommendations Jun 10, 2005
Hello,

I will be staying in Dubai the evenings of 15 and 16 June. I would like to stay in a nice hotel in a fun location - probably near the beach. I'd like to keep it under 700 dirhams a night.

Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks!

TravelingMan
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Any opinion on these hotels? Jun 10, 2005
Which are closest to the beach and fun things to do?

Dusit Dubai
Radisson SAS Resort Sharjah
Le Meridien Dubai
The Metropolitan Palace Hotel
Dubai Metropolitan Hotel
PALM TREE COURT & SPA
Sheraton Dubai Creek
Al Bustan Rotana Hotel
Sheraton Deira Hotel & Towers Rate $142.96
Hilton Fujairah
Grand Hyatt Dubai Rate
Hyatt Regency Dubai and Galleria
The JW Marriott Hotel Dubai
Sheraton Jumeirah Beach Resort
Hilton Dubai Jumeirah
TravelingMan
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 10, 2005
Add one more Jumeirah beach hotel. Dont worry about the bills man they will throw in in the beach your fav spot eh! :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 10, 2005
Please look at the Dubai accomodations section. It has many sites there. Please post which hotel or sites have been useful to yah
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 10, 2005
Thanks. So you would recommend the Jumeirah area?
TravelingMan
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 10, 2005
TravelingMan wrote:Thanks. So you would recommend the Jumeirah area?

yeah if it fits ur budget but there are loads of cheaper hotel near da beach
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 10, 2005
Jumeirah is da bomb!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Hilton and Sheraton Jumeirah are booked for June 15 and 16 Jun 11, 2005
What are the other Jumeirah hotel options that you would recommend? This looks like a nice area.
TravelingMan
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 11, 2005
Well I gave u a list man and then u tell us that u r planning to stay in Abu dhabi and then u ask what other hotels in Jumeirah! Do u have some teleport technology?
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 11, 2005
Ha! Sorry about that. I AM going to Abu Dhabi AND Dubai. First off is Abu Dhabi and then I come back to Dubai. I took your recommendation and have been looking into Jumeirah hotels but the 2 I have checked so far - Hilton and Sheraton - are already full. I think I'll try the Dubai Marine Beach hotel. Is that OK? I don't think I can afford the world's only 7 star hotel down the road from them.
TravelingMan
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 11, 2005
Isn't that underwater hotel complete yet?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 11, 2005
TravelingMan wrote:Ha! Sorry about that. I AM going to Abu Dhabi AND Dubai. First off is Abu Dhabi and then I come back to Dubai. I took your recommendation and have been looking into Jumeirah hotels but the 2 I have checked so far - Hilton and Sheraton - are already full. I think I'll try the Dubai Marine Beach hotel. Is that OK? I don't think I can afford the world's only 7 star hotel down the road from them.

Hilton and sheraton full! Holly mother! Are there many visitors during the hot summer? Yeah heard it's good. If u wanna save monnie Marco polo, but it aint near beach.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 09, 2009
Never been in the hotel at Dubai Marine but ate in the Italian and had a drink at Sho Cho, you won't be disappointed with the standards and there is a nice but fairly small private beach attached to the hotel.

Forget the Hilton Fujairah, it's nice and by a beach but also another 1hr 30 away further up the coast in the emirate of Fujairah ;) At the same I'd forget about the Radisson SAS Resort, Sharjah.

There are numerious Meridians so you'll have to list what one. The hotels you list on Diera Creek will be of a nice standard, but you'll be a taxi ride from the beach.

The Metropolitan is on SZR, again a taxi ride to the beach and it's a bit rough and ready round the edges.

If you are only here for a two days, want nice tourist Dubai try searching for deals for hotels within Madinat Jumeirah. Failing that stay at the Marine and get the short taxi trip up to Madinat in the evening.

Hope this helps
FTD
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 10, 2009
THIS THREAD IS FOUR YEARS OLD....LOOK AT THE DATES BEFORE DRAGGING THEM UP FROM THE DEAD!!!!!!!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat