Help Me UK History Reference

Topic locked
Help me UK History reference May 02, 2010
I want my 9 years old son to get familiar with UK history. I need a reference, a good book, recommendation, suggestion or anything to help me decide and choose the best source for him.
He is interested to read books and I am sure he will learn a lot of new things by reading the history.

Thanks.

mahmoodb
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Help me UK History reference May 02, 2010
Google is your friend!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Help Me UK History Reference May 02, 2010
I want to keep the culture of reading books alive in my son. Yes, google is good but is not everything. Reading books is much more effective than reading an article on Google, specially for kids.
mahmoodb
Dubai Forums Frequenter

I meantuse google to find reference books. Amazon.com etc etc
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

There's quite a lot of UK history! ;)

I'll second Choc's recommendation of searching on Amazon - they have a children's section and have reference books there.

For a 9 year old boy, he may find the 'Horrible Histories' series appropriate - they have books which cover periods of UK history. There are also more traditional history books - there's a wealth of school books out there that would be appropriate for his age.

Here's a link to the book on the Victorians:
http://www.amazon.com/Villainous-Victorians-Horrible-Histories-Terry/dp/1407104314/ref=pd_sim_b_27

Whilst not UK history, you may also be interested to look at the 'ology' series - my children have the 'Egyptology' book - very good:
http://www.amazon.com/Egyptology-Search-Osiris-Emily-Sands/dp/0763626384
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

If you send him to a British curriculum school, he will learn quite a lot of British history.
Come to think of it there are quite a few similarities between the middle east today and Britain 3-400 years ago.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

benwj wrote:If you send him to a British curriculum school, he will learn quite a lot of British history.
Come to think of it there are quite a few similarities between the middle east today and Britain 3-400 years ago.

3-400 years?
Maybe 3-4000!
Particularly when it comes to the banking system!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat